adiiann

Hi!.. I just need opinion...

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys! I just need your opinion regarding the things that I am going to bring to US. I will start packing tomorrow, so I just want to know if what I will bring are allowed to US.

Here's the list:

Electronic Gadgets

- a big laptop with malfunction screen (my first laptop, I want to bring it because I haven't extract my important files, my fiance can fix it for me)

- small laptop (which I will use during stop over)

- portable hard drive

- USB

- digicam

- cellphone

- gameboy advance

Clothing, shoes, and bags, accessories (kikay things), and some very few jewelry

Perfume(mine and my fiance), soap and shampoo (I need to bring first those things because I have sensitive skin, I will try to look products that will suit my skin)

*** I want to bring food such as dried mangoes and polvoron, as well as chicharon... (I will sealed it very well)

All my electronic gadgets would be in my carry-on bag except for big laptop. I will bring also a small bag aside from carry-on bag (where I will put my passport, wallet, compact powder, lip balm, small perfume, hand sanitizer and planner).

Okay... Do you think all those things that I will bring are okay with immigration? I am afraid some will not be okay to them and they will throw it. :crying:

I will really appreciate your suggestions and comments....

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there, You shouldn't have any problems with the items you have listed except possibly with the food and the shampoo. Any liquid item that you carry on has to be in a container no larger then 3 ounces. If you are not going to carry it on better pack it real well but you won't have any trouble bringing it. I have traveled abroad a lot and customs can be a real pain sometimes when it comes to food. The dried mangoes will probably be fine as long as you carry that on as well. I am not sure what chicharon is so i can't really help you with that one. Everything else..electronic gadgets and other items listed will be fine. Take care, Have a great trip and Welcome to the U.S.

Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline
Hi there, You shouldn't have any problems with the items you have listed except possibly with the food and the shampoo. Any liquid item that you carry on has to be in a container no larger then 3 ounces. If you are not going to carry it on better pack it real well but you won't have any trouble bringing it. I have traveled abroad a lot and customs can be a real pain sometimes when it comes to food. The dried mangoes will probably be fine as long as you carry that on as well. I am not sure what chicharon is so i can't really help you with that one. Everything else..electronic gadgets and other items listed will be fine. Take care, Have a great trip and Welcome to the U.S.

Mike

Wow! Thanks a lot! Maybe, Il just bring dried mangoes... my fiance miss mangoes esp from guimaras.

Timeline

the foods listed are fine...soap is fine too...but shampoo, i would suggest not...they don't allow liquid most...(if your stopever is in Japan they are very strict)...

Have a safe trip!!!

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Timeline
I personally would not bring any food, it is prohibited. But if you don't care and asking for trouble at POE, suit yourself.

Hmmmm... yeah have point there.. thanks!

Timeline

Mike

Wow! Thanks a lot! Maybe, Il just bring dried mangoes... my fiance miss mangoes esp from guimaras.

The dried mangoes that you are going to bring, be sure those are in sealed pack...like of what are sold in store...

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Hi Guys! I just need your opinion regarding the things that I am going to bring to US. I will start packing tomorrow, so I just want to know if what I will bring are allowed to US.

Here's the list:

Electronic Gadgets

- a big laptop with malfunction screen (my first laptop, I want to bring it because I haven't extract my important files, my fiance can fix it for me)

- small laptop (which I will use during stop over)

- portable hard drive

- USB

- digicam

- cellphone

- gameboy advance

Clothing, shoes, and bags, accessories (kikay things), and some very few jewelry

Perfume(mine and my fiance), soap and shampoo (I need to bring first those things because I have sensitive skin, I will try to look products that will suit my skin)

*** I want to bring food such as dried mangoes and polvoron, as well as chicharon... (I will sealed it very well)

All my electronic gadgets would be in my carry-on bag except for big laptop. I will bring also a small bag aside from carry-on bag (where I will put my passport, wallet, compact powder, lip balm, small perfume, hand sanitizer and planner).

Okay... Do you think all those things that I will bring are okay with immigration? I am afraid some will not be okay to them and they will throw it. :crying:

I will really appreciate your suggestions and comments....

you should be fine in terms of bringing your electronics... whenever we travel to phil, we brought a lot of electronic gadgets (including an extra backpack for my SLR)... when my old laptop crashed (that was before i was in the US), hubby took it w/ him in his check-in luggage and had his working one on his backpack and it went fine... as for the food, i also brought some sealed goodies (but most of them i bought it at the airport) happy trip!!! :thumbs: God bless

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, I miss mangoes too. Think I'll have my fiance try to bring some.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No foods on your hand carry, even bottled water is not allowed in the airport. Liquid stuff like santitizer should not be more than 100ml. and no imitation bag pls. Von Voyage and welcome to America!

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Timeline

Thank you guys!...

By the way, my connecting flight is in Korea...

Thank you guys!...

is that incheon korea?

same w/ us last yr asiana airlines (the airport is great! spotless and lots of stores to shop around to kill time) :thumbs:

i actually had dried mangoes in my bag and some goldilocks i brought at naia... it went fine... just dont bring raw fruits...

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
Thank you guys!...

is that incheon korea?

same w/ us last yr asiana airlines (the airport is great! spotless and lots of stores to shop around to kill time) :thumbs:

i actually had dried mangoes in my bag and some goldilocks i brought at naia... it went fine... just dont bring raw fruits...

Yeppers!... Incheon-Korea... I have 7 hours stop over.... though I dont mind... coz I need to stretch my foot for some physical discomfort..

I have question... is it okay to check-in baggage my malfunction laptop?

Thank you guys!...

is that incheon korea?

Yeppers!... Incheon-Korea... I have 7 hours stop over.... though I dont mind... coz I need to stretch my foot for some physical discomfort..

I have question... is it okay to check-in baggage my malfunction laptop?

i think so! i mean when my old laptop went bad (it wont charge anymore) and hubby visited me on phil that time, he took it w/ him so the HP guys in the US could fix it... he placed it in a comp bag then put in the check-in luggage... just tell the airport officials to put a big FRAGILE sticker on your luggage... that was just our experienced.

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

u can bring shampoo but you should seal it and pack it in your check-in luggage. I did that...so as your dried mangoes. put them in zip lock baggies...

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.