simple_mhe24

Question about my Green Card..

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!! I just want to ask you about my Green Card..I already post this topic under Removal of Conditions but thought of posting it here on the Philipppines topic too...I hope someone can tell me what I have to do...But let me first tell you from the start,ok...

Me and my husband got married in May 28,2006...started the petition June 2007 under CR-1 then I got here in the US August 25,2008 then got my Green Card and SSN 2 weeks after arrived here in US...I got a 2 year GC which will expire in August 25,2010...Me and my husband were confused at first coz we thought I'll get the 10 year GC since we're already 2 years married before I even got here in US...But later on,we thought USCIS gave me the right GC so we just forget about it...Until recently, me and my friends were talking about renewing GC and how to do it...I found out that 90 days before my GC card expires is when I have to renew it and remove conditions...Then i started having the confusions again about my GC coz I thought that Im not a Conditional Resident..

When I post this topic under Removal of Conditions category and told them my situation....they told me that the USCIS definitely gave me the wrong GC and that I have to file for I-90...

I want another opinion regarding this coz I really want to make sure before doing anything else...Also,my husband tried to call USCIS on their Toll Free # but unable to get through or get someone to talk to...

Is there any # that we can call them?

Thanks in advice and GOd Bless!!!

try calling them the same toll free number 1-800-375-5283 once you hear the voice prompt hit 123 and it will automatically direct you to a live person but then, the person you will talk to will only be a call center agent and will only know very basic things. I would suggest you schedule an appointment with the nearest immigration office in your area through infopass (http://infopass.uscis.gov/). They could assist you better there. Hope this helps. God bless.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Yes,you should get a 10-year greencard like my friend and the other VJ members who were on CR1 too.

Call USCIS ASAP.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.