6 posts in this topic

Hello fellow members,

In the form I -751 Part 5 it asked:

Information about your children(list all children).My question is

1- Who's children shoud i put? Me and my husband have kids in our previious marriages and we have a child born to our marriage? So what should i put here ,the child born to our marriage?

Thanks for any help.

This is a good question. The instructions for the form talk only of listing 'children adjusting status with this I-751' while the form simply says "List all children."

We included all three children, my two from previous marriage who reside with us, our son from this marriage, and also included birth certificates for all three kids.

For A # we simply put N/A.

For "If in US give residence and immigrations status" we put "same, US Citizen."

Nobody seems to have a great answer to if the form is flawed, but there seems to be consensus to go ahead and include 'all' children. Good luck!

Is your situation even more complicated? Did you have kids, and also he has kids from previous marriages?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

This is a good question. The instructions for the form talk only of listing 'children adjusting status with this I-751' while the form simply says "List all children."

We included all three children, my two from previous marriage who reside with us, our son from this marriage, and also included birth certificates for all three kids.

For "If in US give residence and immigrations status" we put "same, US Citizen."

Nobody seems to have a great answer to if the form is flawed, but there seems to be consensus to go ahead and include 'all' children. Good luck!

Is your situation even more complicated? Did you have kids, and also he has kids from previous marriages?

I listed my US citizen adopted daughter and things got all messed up. USCIS sent a letter wanting $80 for her to do biometrics and put a hold on my wifes I-751.

After many calls and letters they still had the I-751 on hold. I finally called my senator who got things moving again.

I'd also included daughters US Passport and adoption decree and explained she was a USC in the cover letter to no avail.

I think the reason they got things Fooked up was I did put her old A#. Also put USC under immigration status tho.

Bottomline is "It looks like they are ONLY looking for children that have to adjust status.

Difficult not to "List ALL children tho".

I also can't see listing kids from previous marriage.

LOTS of peeps get by listing all. WE sure didn't and it cost us about 3 extra months to fix it.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I listed my US citizen adopted daughter and things got all messed up. USCIS sent a letter wanting $80 for her to do biometrics and put a hold on my wifes I-751.

After many calls and letters they still had the I-751 on hold. I finally called my senator who got things moving again.

I'd also included daughters US Passport and adoption decree and explained she was a USC in the cover letter to no avail.

I think the reason they got things Fooked up was I did put her old A#. Also put USC under immigration status tho.

Bottomline is "It looks like they are ONLY looking for children that have to adjust status.

LOTS of peeps get by listing all. WE sure didn't and it cost us about 3 extra months to fix it.

OH no am now more confused? SO should i Put all children ?( my hubby's kids, my 2 kids and our 10 months old son born to our marriage?

Hubby got 23 and 14 yr.s old daughters who do not live with us.. and i have 2 minor kids who is under the I-130 petition of my husband and our son born to our marriage.

So Should i list all 5 children? Our 10 month old is a US citizen what should i answer to this question.. pls. help. thanks a lot.

OH no am now more confused? SO should i Put all children ?( my hubby's kids, my 2 kids and our 10 months old son born to our marriage?

Hubby got 23 and 14 yr.s old daughters who do not live with us.. and i have 2 minor kids who is under the I-130 petition of my husband and our son born to our marriage.

So Should i list all 5 children? Our 10 month old is a US citizen what should i answer to this question.. pls. help. thanks a lot.

I was worried you had a complicated situation, and of course you do.

Your two minor kids, under the I-130 are in the USA?

If so, and their set to have conditional green cards expire within 90 days of your expiration, then they can be listed and lift conditions under your I-751. If they not, then they will need to file their own I-751 when they reach the 90 days before expiration mark.

As to his two children who do not live with you, in a simpler filing I would say add them, I have read many who listed adult children and had no problems, but for your situation, perhaps not. If you choose to list the two girls from your husbands previous marriage, document that they are US Citizens and do not live you the two of you.

So the big question is are your two children from your previous relationship in the US, and what is the status on their conditional green cards?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Hello fellow members,

In the form I -751 Part 5 it asked:

Information about your children(list all children).My question is

1- Who's children shoud i put? Me and my husband have kids in our previious marriages and we have a child born to our marriage? So what should i put here ,the child born to our marriage?

Thanks for any help.

Hi happywifeymom,

Looks like you asked the same question twice. Please read my answer to your question in the latest thread below for

your same question.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2939936

Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.