R and F

It's Saturday

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Melly I usually get one pot of this plant http://www.fragrantfields.com/index.asp?Pa...D&ProdID=11 and keep it on my back deck. When we sit out after dusk I just grab a leaf and rub it all over my exposed skin and it seems to do the trick. I love the smell of it too! It's kind of like a citronella smell but not as overwhelming as the candles are. Of course we don't get THAT many mosquitos since there are no lakes near us or other pools of water other than the ocean but maybe it would work for you. The trick would be trying to find the plant. If you just look for one with those leaves and smell it you'll know if it's the right one since the smell can't be mistaken for anything else.

I think I'm becoming allergic to life. Seriously my allergies this season are absolutely ridiculous. Woke up this morning to an itchy nose, swollen eyes and that acid feeling in the back of my throat. Took the Claritin D so it's better but I'm so sick of it. To top it off last night Usama cut up an apple and gave me half and once I ate it my ears were on fire and itchy just like when I ate a pear a few months ago and found out I'm allergic to those too! I picture myself in my old age living in a bubble. I'll be bubble bridget. People will have to wear a hazmat suit to visit me. :(

Annie I hope you enjoy your baby-free night out with hubby. We have an auntie Susan who used to do sleepovers when they were little, though they weren't too often I cherished them and so did the kids. She's making a suprise appearance at their softball game this afternoon so the kids will be so excited to see her. She used to come over every other Sunday when I had the kids but she was in a very bad car accident last summer and hasn't been able to drive ever since. The other driver was wearing flip flops and they got stuck and instead of pressing on the break she pressed on the gas. I'll never drive with flip flops again because of that.

Wow I'm all over the place. Have a good one everyone! I really want to see Star Treck and wanted to go with my brother but long story short his wife is incapacitated and he cannot leave her, God love him. Growing up he used to have the starship enterprise hanging from his ceiling and he taught me how to do the Spock thingy with my hands...the vulcan thing where you keep two fingers together. I can't explain it...need more coffee. Anyways no kids next weekend so I'm dragging hubby to the movie. Can't wait especially since Sylar is in it! :devil:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hey everyone have a great S (L) turday :star:

SCORPIONS???? Thats scary as hell - just got a mental pic of the movie the Scorpion King - eeewwww.

Thank goodness you found it instead of the kids ... Good luck with the bug guy.

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Bridget, thanks for the link. I found this page the other day, pest repellent herb gardens , and was thinking of getting lemongrass and catnip. I will add your plant to the list!

About your allergies, I actually had something similar happen. It got to where I was basically allergic to every food. You might check and see if there's something else going on that's making you allergic or causing this. Maybe your immune system has been compromised somehow - I guess that could be a contributor. I was blessed to find a lady who could treat my allergies, alhamdulillah!!!!, but she is not a traditional doctor. I hope you can get it figured out soon. As an adult, you shouldn't be getting so many allergies to things you've been okay with your whole life.

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mmmmmm, Lemongrass tea.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Hey Bridget, thanks for the link. I found this page the other day, pest repellent herb gardens , and was thinking of getting lemongrass and catnip. I will add your plant to the list!

About your allergies, I actually had something similar happen. It got to where I was basically allergic to every food. You might check and see if there's something else going on that's making you allergic or causing this. Maybe your immune system has been compromised somehow - I guess that could be a contributor. I was blessed to find a lady who could treat my allergies, alhamdulillah!!!!, but she is not a traditional doctor. I hope you can get it figured out soon. As an adult, you shouldn't be getting so many allergies to things you've been okay with your whole life.

Actually I have an appointment with a new pcp who is very into hollistic therapies so I'll add it to my list of things to discuss.

mmmm.........lemongrass salmon with basil and cheese orzo. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Happy Saturday evening! I did my wifey duties today by doing laundry and cleaning the house. Still the laundry is not complete. Malek basically gave me another load to do by barfing his dinner up on already clean clothes! I wish Mal would get all better soon. I will call the doctor on Monday if he is still like this and either take him back or see if he will call in another antibiotic. His cough seems to have gotten worse last night and he is just so skinny. I had to go from size 4 to size 3 diapers today. Please keep my little one in your prayers he has been sick about 16 days now.

I am at home alone with Malek and he is asleep. My sister took the other two skating tonight and my husband is visiting the sick with the Imam. So, I may be hanging around here for a little bit. It seems like not a friend is in site and all of my family is out and about. I'm a little bit lonely tonight.

Have a good one!

Timeline
Happy Saturday evening! I did my wifey duties today by doing laundry and cleaning the house. Still the laundry is not complete. Malek basically gave me another load to do by barfing his dinner up on already clean clothes! I wish Mal would get all better soon. I will call the doctor on Monday if he is still like this and either take him back or see if he will call in another antibiotic. His cough seems to have gotten worse last night and he is just so skinny. I had to go from size 4 to size 3 diapers today. Please keep my little one in your prayers he has been sick about 16 days now.

I am at home alone with Malek and he is asleep. My sister took the other two skating tonight and my husband is visiting the sick with the Imam. So, I may be hanging around here for a little bit. It seems like not a friend is in site and all of my family is out and about. I'm a little bit lonely tonight.

Have a good one!

When is the last time he saw the doctor for this? 16 days is an awful long time and you don't want him to get dehydrated. Can you bring him into the ER and maybe have them get an iv bag of fluids into him? I'll keep him in my prayers.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Kelly if you see this i didnt wanna add it to yesterdays thread...we arent coming to ny til Sept, his shots will be late but id rather hold off on the chicken pox and mmr as long as i can. what other shots did Zaid get?

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.