sheremae

Troubles

15 posts in this topic

Troubles is always in our way. I am suppose to fly on the 17th of April 2009 in the US but my visa expired..! The visa was released from the embassy on April 2, 2009 but DELBROS delivered my visa on the 15th of April but my visa expired on April 16,2009. My medical was on October 16,2008 and it's only good for 6 months and thats the reason why myvisa is good only for 2 weeks. Now, i need to get another medical exam and right now I am 26 weeks pregnant. My questions are, do I need a vaccines and chest x-ray? How long do I need to wait to get my replacement visa again? And lastly, can I still get in the plane when i am 7 mos pregnant?

Please I need to hear all ur advices.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Troubles is always in our way. I am suppose to fly on the 17th of April 2009 in the US but my visa expired..! The visa was released from the embassy on April 2, 2009 but DELBROS delivered my visa on the 15th of April but my visa expired on April 16,2009. My medical was on October 16,2008 and it's only good for 6 months and thats the reason why myvisa is good only for 2 weeks. Now, i need to get another medical exam and right now I am 26 weeks pregnant. My questions are, do I need a vaccines and chest x-ray? How long do I need to wait to get my replacement visa again? And lastly, can I still get in the plane when i am 7 mos pregnant?

Check the visa carefully. The visa is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued, NOT from the medical. The medical is a prerequisite for the approval, but is NOT a visa. The visa validity should be for 6 months (from when you were approved).

If this is not the case, your only recourse would be to get the US Embassy to fix this. I would call the US Embassy as soon as they open and be prepared to go to the US Embassy in person if/when asked.

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

The best thing is to contact the embassy. You will have to return the visa with a letter explaining what has happened. They will then inform you as to the requirements needed to have a new visa issued.

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Check the visa carefully. The visa is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued, NOT from the medical. The medical is a prerequisite for the approval, but is NOT a visa. The visa validity should be for 6 months (from when you were approved).

If this is not the case, your only recourse would be to get the US Embassy to fix this. I would call the US Embassy as soon as they open and be prepared to go to the US Embassy in person if/when asked.

I was there at embassy on April 17,2009 and that's what the window X told me that I need to get another medical exam because my medical exam was already expired. There's nothing i can do but go home and wait for their letter for me to get the a medical.

The best thing is to contact the embassy. You will have to return the visa with a letter explaining what has happened. They will then inform you as to the requirements needed to have a new visa issued.

Yes, I did that already , I am only waiting now for the letter from the usembassy.

can I still get in the plane when i am 7 mos pregnant?

They should let you in the plane,but you must have to get a doctor certificate...

Goodluck...

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

I would suggest having your fiancee/husband call the Embassy (Manila or Armenia) to find out why the visa expired 1 day after it was delivered. Your timeline shows you are in Armenia.

The Manila Immigrant Visa unit phone number is 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

According to your post, your visa was released by the embassy April 2, 2009. You mean it has only two weeks validity? How can that be? I don't understand. I thought visa expires six months after date of issuance? :blink:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I was there at embassy on April 17,2009 and that's what the window X told me that I need to get another medical exam because my medical exam was already expired. There's nothing i can do but go home and wait for their letter for me to get the a medical.

Your medical was supposed to be valid for one year.

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

i also know of other people whose visa expired because of the incompetence of delbros. this is why delbros was replaced by air21. you need to undergo the medical exams again , no need to get more shots though. just inform the xray technician that youre pregnant so they can protect your tummy with the proper shield.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

According to your post, your visa was released by the embassy April 2, 2009. You mean it has only two weeks validity? How can that be? I don't understand. I thought visa expires six months after date of issuance? :blink:

Yes, it is only good for 2 weeks because the window X in the embassy told me that my medical expired on April 16, 2009 and she said my medical is good only for 6 months. I can't argue to them because that's what they said and they advice to get another medical.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, it is only good for 2 weeks because the window X in the embassy told me that my medical expired on April 16, 2009 and she said my medical is good only for 6 months. I can't argue to them because that's what they said and they advice to get another medical.

not all visa expires in six months,my visa was issued in november 2008 and expired in january 2009,my son's visa(k2) issuance had the same date as mine but his expired in april 2009

hope you'll soon get the letter from usem regarding ur re-medical sched.take care and good luck :star:

Edited by ManilaIdaho

not all visa expires in six months,my visa was issued in november 2008 and expired in january 2009,my son's visa(k2) issuance had the same date as mine but his expired in april 2009

hope you'll soon get the letter from usem regarding ur re-medical sched.take care and good luck :star:

Btw, do I need to make an appointment for another medical exam? or as soon as i get the letter from the embassy i can come there anytime for medical?

The visa should be valid for 6 months but they would actually count the start of the 6 months from the day you complete your medical NOT on the day you had interview and were approved. Medical is supposed to be valid for a year but that only holds true if you are already in the US and about to apply for the AOS.. for those still in the Philippines, medical expires in 6months which is directly related to the K visa expiring in 6months.

To the OP: I am sorry you are going through all these trouble. You have already done everything you could, I just hope and pray that you will receive news from the embassy soon, tell your fiance to keep calling embassy about your case so they would expedite any communication they need to send you so you could get your medical and have your visa straightened out. Best of luck and God be with you. (((HUGS)))

Btw, do I need to make an appointment for another medical exam? or as soon as i get the letter from the embassy i can come there anytime for medical?

You can go to SLEC as soon as you get the letter from embassy. Hope everything works out for the best soon.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.