primerosepk

Question about citizenship

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Vj,s members.

i have a question from people who alrady become USC via marriage to USC spouse.

i became Permanent Residents Feb 13 2009.after that i went to my country back and spend 55 days there becaz my father was sick.now i came back here usa and i can not find a job here yet.my question is when i will be able to apply for USC and how i sould spend life here .for expample if i dont get a job until next year so i will not be a tax payer.so for be a USC i must need 3 year tax return or i can tell them i was jobless????

what what other things i need to show them i hope some one guide me really good

thanks advance

I-485/I-765

03/11/08 FedEx I-485/I-765

03/20/08 NOA1 for both (765 online - 485

03/23/08 BIO app. letter

04/03/08 BIO done - walk in

11/07/08 EAD Card production ordered

11/10/08 EAD Approval Notice sent

11/13/08 EAD Received !!! :)

11/15/08 EAD touched

12/05/08 AOS ready for interview scheduling

12/07/08 Interview appointment date received

02/03/09 Interview date

02/13/09 green card arrived in mail

You are holding a conditional GC. It's not the time to worry about Naturalization yet. You have to deal with Removal of Conditions.

In Naturalization, as well as Removal of Conditions, INS expects a joint tax return since your GC was granted based on marriage. So it doesn't matter if you are not employed.

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Filed: Timeline
Hello Vj,s members.

i have a question from people who alrady become USC via marriage to USC spouse.

i became Permanent Residents Feb 13 2009.after that i went to my country back and spend 55 days there becaz my father was sick.now i came back here usa and i can not find a job here yet.my question is when i will be able to apply for USC and how i sould spend life here .for expample if i dont get a job until next year so i will not be a tax payer.so for be a USC i must need 3 year tax return or i can tell them i was jobless????

what what other things i need to show them i hope some one guide me really good

thanks advance

it's only May, im hopeful that the economy will pick up and you'll find a job soon. If not, I guess if you are still married to the USC, are you filing Joint-Married?

The main purpose of the tax return is to see if you are filing taxes and to prove you are in true bonifide continuous relationship with your USC spouse. Not just a marriage of convienence.

Get a job, file your taxes. Prove to the USCIS officer that you are worthy of becoming a USC and not a burden to the system.

Hope this helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As long as you don't exceed 6 months of a visit abroad (at a time) you will be OK (there is also a limit on maximum days out in the 3 or 5 year period so as to not disrupt your LPR time accrual for citizenship). As far as tax returns - you must file a tax return (for this process) even if you have no income. This is just to establish that you filed a tax return - it has no bearing on that you 'earned' money on which you paid taxes and hence you are filing a tax return. Comprende? There is a list of things for citizenship (though it's not complicated) that you can look at with the N400 application and its instructions.

A question for you - do you have a ten year greencard or a two year greencard - if its 2 year card then you need to worry more about the 'removal of conditions' step first. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can file N-400 within 90 days befor Feb 13, 2012,

If continuously married to and living with US Citizen spouse. Do not have periods out of the USA longer than 6 months, and have been resident in the USA longer than 18 months, since becoming a green-card holder.

The requirements are spelled out here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
As long as you don't exceed 6 months of a visit abroad (at a time) you will be OK (there is also a limit on maximum days out in the 3 or 5 year period so as to not disrupt your LPR time accrual for citizenship). As far as tax returns - you must file a tax return (for this process) even if you have no income. This is just to establish that you filed a tax return - it has no bearing on that you 'earned' money on which you paid taxes and hence you are filing a tax return. Comprende? There is a list of things for citizenship (though it's not complicated) that you can look at with the N400 application and its instructions.

A question for you - do you have a ten year greencard or a two year greencard - if its 2 year card then you need to worry more about the 'removal of conditions' step first. Good Luck

Hello thank for answer.

i want to ask how i cal file tax without income and right now i am able to do it???????

if you know process file tax online .yes i have 10 year green card and i am living with my USC wife.and yes i want file joint tax .

hope hear from you soon

I-485/I-765

03/23/08 BIO app. letter

11/15/08 EAD touched

02/03/09 Interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Don't worry about it. As long as you file jointly as a married couple should, then you should be fine. Your wife's income is your income too so as long as she pays her taxes jointly with you, it's like you'd pay your taxes too( her wages are yours too and all you own is hers too). Do strive to get a job though, for yourself first and foremost and then to help your wife and at last place should be because you worry about what immigration might think.

Take care

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
i want to ask how i cal file tax without income and right now i am able to do it???????

if you know process file tax online .yes i have 10 year green card and i am living with my USC wife.and yes i want file joint tax .

hope hear from you soon

Easy. Total Income put 0; carry the calculations tothe end - o taxes, o withholdings, o refunds! When combined with your wife - the total will be joint income yours 0, hers 'whatever amount'. If unsure, go to a H&R block - they do not charge too much for this. Otherwise ask a family member or co-worker or neighbor to help you if they can. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

• 2 months later...
Timeline

but my wife is disable deaf dont work she get welfare and have food stamp she can not pay any tax

I-485/I-765

03/23/08 BIO app. letter

11/15/08 EAD touched

02/03/09 Interview date

but my wife is disable deaf dont work she get welfare and have food stamp she can not pay any tax

Brother you still have to fill taxes. Contact HR&Block (they will charge you) or go to the IRS web site you may be eligible to use the free e-file service, if you both made less than $56,000 in 2008. It is a self explanatory, step by step process.

http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/partner/index...tpPartnerId=180

Good luck

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filing a tax return does not equal having to pay taxes. You can file a return that shows that you had no taxable income and no taxes paid as a result.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.