Filipina dreaming

Co-Sponsor approval Survey

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would seem a lot of people these days are needing a Co-Sponsor when applying for a Visa.

I think it would be a great resource for us in the Philippine section to have a topic specific to this.

Would any person's who have gone to the visa interview and have been approved using a Co-Sponsor

please give their input as to whether they we're approved, denied, how hard was it, this is a critical

part I believe in the visa process. I qualify for everything except for that one factor like so many

I am seeing these days.

Thanks for your input,

Charles :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There have been several VJers who used a co-sponsor. Some of them were approved, but some were asked to submit more proofs (employment, finances, property) and did not recognize the co-sponsor they submitted.

You can read threads about this by searching them or just wait for someone to read your thread and post.

Edited by jamesNrei

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Timeline

I am amazed that after searching for 3 hours on VJ, and 1 hour on the internet I haven't

found 1 reply from anybody whether they got approved or denied for a K1-visa using a

Co-Sponsor. It's either Manila doesn't accept Co-Sponsors at all, or they accept them on

a case by case situation.

Does anybody actually know of someone who has relayed information as to the fact they

either have or have not been approved ? I guess the real problem is the feed-back from

members who get their visa and never return to give any input. I know after this is all over

I definitly will spread the word on our results.

:wacko:

Some VJ members who used co-sponsors have posted their experience here. You just have to learn where to look. Also, medyo antipatika ang dating ng mga succeeding posts mo. Kaya siguro people ignored your thread. You did not even acknowledge the reply of jamesNrei. At any rate, below is a link, baka makatulong. Try to be nice next time otherwise ignore ka talaga ng mga tao dito. Peace! :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129414

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
This is good info too about using a co-sponsor in Manila.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2442174

Hello Pinay wife,

Thank you, thank you so much for those links. I honestly appreciate your goodness and your effort to include the links in guiding the other Filipina who asks for some queries about the co-sponsor issue. It had freaked my partner and me for a little while.

Hope your partner and you will be showered with lots of blessings!

Phoemela :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It would seem a lot of people these days are needing a Co-Sponsor when applying for a Visa.

I think it would be a great resource for us in the Philippine section to have a topic specific to this.

Would any person's who have gone to the visa interview and have been approved using a Co-Sponsor

please give their input as to whether they we're approved, denied, how hard was it, this is a critical

part I believe in the visa process. I qualify for everything except for that one factor like so many

I am seeing these days.

Thanks for your input,

Charles :help:

If you can't afford to feed a horse you should not have one nor should you depend on the neighbours to help feed the horse

xl91yv7f.png

Filed: Timeline

It really is a major issue of whether the use of co-sponsors are allowed for the USEM. I think you will hear a lot that USEM does not allow the use of co-sponsors. I however think it depends on the consulate interviewer and on a case by cases basis. The main concern for the CO to deduce during the interview, is to make sure that the fiance/fiancee will be of no burden/no public charge when he/she comes to the U.S. You want to prove to the CO and create no gray areas of doubt that your fiance/fiancee will ever be a public charge to the U.S.

There are 2 people I know of who used co-sponsors and in both cases the fiancee was approved. In both cases, the pink slip was given. There was no need for additional papers or forms needed...just the good ol' pink slip. So hope these 2 examples help. Here is the link to one of the person's interview experience: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...avit+of+support She made a good point of using a letter of explanation of why she wasn't working but would have no trouble in finding one. Maybe some COs would not think it necessary or would not accept it but having one wouldn't hurt.

The other person does not use visajourney but he is my cousin and told me a bit about what he did and what happened about the use of co-sponsors because I was concerned too for my own case. He said for their I-134 he had no money whatsoever on each line of that form...I mean literally everything was 0 for savings etc. My cousin, the USC finished medical school and was about to start his residency training that time and his fiancee in the philippines just graduated from medical school too but she also had no job or bank accounts of her own. I don't know if my cousin used a letter of explanation. The CO just asked his fiancee what the USC did and she told him he will start medical training and she too would be studying for the board exams when she goes to the states and would work when she gets her permit. And then the CO just asked about who would support her then until the USC starts work and so she just said that his parents who are both nurses would be the co-sponsors. Apparently the CO said nothing more about the use of co-sponsors, asked I guess other questions and eventually gave her the stamp of approval. I think what worked for my cousin and his fiancee is because both were in professions that were highly doubtful to cause his fiancee to be any type of public charge regardless that his I-134 stated he has no saving, no bank accounts, no bond, nothing.

I hoped that helped. I know it is so scary and iffy when it comes to the use of co-sponsors. Good luck on your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.