stace

uk to the usa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

wel helo, my name is jase and i live in the us, my girlfriend lives in the uk, we met over the internet in febuary and weve been there 4 each other everysingle day! when i went in treatment she made me see the person who i really was and god helped me see that i deserve better than this dull life. She changed my life and i changed hers supporting each other through thick and thin! she is coming over in november to meet my family and friends and to get to know each other a little better, we have talked and talked but we have both decided that a few visits is best first before we rush into anything, we are still both very young, and we want to get our selfs stable first before anything happens eg good job, house, etc she is coming over for 2 months and im so excited about her coming over, i have read some of the replies people have said to her post but i want you all to know i am serious about stace, she means everything to me ! i am told we have to go through a k1 visa but we will discuss that when she comes over also it helps alot because she was coming over to the usa anyway to study dance because she wants to be a dance teacher so when she comes over it will let her see the place she will be , would she need to get a student visa first? would this be easier?

regards jase :P

we share the same account lol

post-23721-1151488817_thumb.jpg

The tourist visa (VWP) is good for 90 days, and is useful for meeting friends as well as seeing the sights - make CERTAIN she doesn't overstay - or getting any kind of visa in furutre will be difficult to say the least.

Student visa I doubt she will be able to get until/unless she is enrolled at a US College - check into the fees they charge for international students - its not cheap.

K1 probably ISN'T what you want right now, as you havent even met in person yet; save that for the future once you have met a few times, and both sets of parents are happy with the situation (you will need them onside due to your ages, and if you need a co-sponsor in future).

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Timeline

B)

It's easy to open your own account. You're not sharing PC's so why not do that? Is this her picture? What about yours?

actually that is a great idea lol yes that is her picture and i think mine may be on her pictures i dont know lol she created this account thing lol, i just want the best for us im trying my best lol

jase

Filed: Other Timeline
B)

It's easy to open your own account. You're not sharing PC's so why not do that? Is this her picture? What about yours?

actually that is a great idea lol yes that is her picture and i think mine may be on her pictures i dont know lol she created this account thing lol, i just want the best for us im trying my best lol

jase

That'd be great. Got any in front of any UK landmarks? We Americans just love to see pics of the homeland of our spouses........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think this is sweet and all, but (there is always a but you see) the last thing you two need to worry about at the moment is what type of visa she needs. Try slowing down a bit, how about first off a passport, and a visit on VWP? You both need to discuss this with your parents, if you haven't already. Save the two month visit for when you REALLY know one another, start out with a week or two. You may well find you can't stand the sight of each other within the matter of a day, by the time November gets here that may be the case anyway. Let her come see America, if that is what she needs to do and meeting you could just be a bonus in all of it.

Going to tell you what I would tell my 17 year old son....You are both far to young to know that this is what you want in life. Having a relationship at your age is tough enough, let alone throw in 3.5k miles distance between you. The other thing I would say, you don't know who is sitting on the other side of that message/blog screen. Flying across the world to meet a stranger is very risky, even at 33 years old I had my doubts about doing this! I however did not make arrangements to stay with my now husband for two months. I rented my own cottage, had intentions of vacationing in England having a few dinners in public with him and IF he was the person I ASSUMED he was, we would go from there.

Take a breath, enjoy your summer vacation, family and friends and then make a decision when November is a bit closer. :thumbs:

B

B)

jase

That'd be great. Got any in front of any UK landmarks? We Americans just love to see pics of the homeland of our spouses........

:yes: Check out her blog!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
wel helo, my name is jase and i live in the us, my girlfriend lives in the uk, we met over the internet in febuary and weve been there 4 each other everysingle day! when i went in treatment she made me see the person who i really was and god helped me see that i deserve better than this dull life. She changed my life and i changed hers supporting each other through thick and thin! she is coming over in november to meet my family and friends and to get to know each other a little better, we have talked and talked but we have both decided that a few visits is best first before we rush into anything, we are still both very young, and we want to get our selfs stable first before anything happens eg good job, house, etc she is coming over for 2 months and im so excited about her coming over, i have read some of the replies people have said to her post but i want you all to know i am serious about stace, she means everything to me ! i am told we have to go through a k1 visa but we will discuss that when she comes over also it helps alot because she was coming over to the usa anyway to study dance because she wants to be a dance teacher so when she comes over it will let her see the place she will be , would she need to get a student visa first? would this be easier?

regards jase :P

we share the same account lol

Why dont you go visit her in her country and meet her family.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Whats a blog?

Oh yes i see now.......

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Hmmmm....

You're thinking what I'm thinking, Rebecca. :whistle:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As a mother of a 19 year old....I must say something "motherly" here.

I just looked at the blog and had a Mothers heart attack...this is why so many children are targeted out on the internet........Stace...please remove the seductive photos and invitation to "send" you photos to anyone who asks......you are setting yourself up for some weirdo to contact you......there are crazy people in this world......please know at your age that you may feel like you found your "soulmate" but there is way more to life than your computer relationship..... You both need to lose the K1 Visa thought and take a quick trip to meet each other as friends......You have a huge future ahead of you and you need to slow things down and make arrangements to just be great friends......

AND....remove those seductive pictures and that open invitation!!!!!!!! :angry::angry: ...........

For everyone else.......please stop giving Visa advice to these "kids" snd give them some adult advice to slowwwwww things down.........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.