wally

Montreal consulate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have not actively posted for a while and since we are back on the immigration boat, thought others might find my information helpful.

My two children and myself immigrated in 2005 to be with my second husband. We all now have our 10 year permanent resident card. My oldest kid received a 3 year ban from immigrating at the interview because she admitted to experimenting with marijauna during that previous summer. This was during her medical. I had no idea. She was 17 years old at the interview. She received a section 212 () (1). We were told she had to do drug tests, look at rehab. etc. Many tears were shed, discussions were held as to whether the rest of us would go ahead and move. The bottom line was she did not really want to move...wanted to graduate with her high school friends, wanted to stay near her dad. We all knew the petition could be restarted after the ban was over with. The concern was that we would have to act fast as she turns 21 a few months after the ban was over.

Okay, in the last 3 years, she has gone on to university....completing her 3rd year this past April. We wanted her to visit so applied for permission for a nonimmigrant to visit..Form I-192 back in 2006. She was sent a request for fingerprints. Of course she was way too busy with school and friends and whatever else to get those done despite two requests from US customs and border protection. I started getting upset with her cause I wanted her to visit. We had been to Canada 4 times the first year we were here and it was getting costly. Plus I had sent that huge fee with the I-192. Well, confession time...she goes to U of Windsor which is right on the Michigan border. She had joined the Detroit rugby club and in fact had been crossing over 2-3 times a week for practices and games. How you say? Each and every time she crossed, she was pulled into secondary and GRILLED. Each and every time she was permitted to enter. I told her she was taking a huge risk in obtaining a worse ban. She thought not. At Christmas of 2007, I bought her a flight to visit for 2 weeks. She brought evidence of school, part-time job, rental agreement. She was taken into secondary at Pearson airport and GRILLED. They let her enter. In fact, after a few weeks of going back and forth at Michigan, the border agents began to recognize her and the grilling was not as long...20 min. instead of close to an hour. In the last 12 months, she has gone to Florida, Tennesee, Indiana and who knows where else for rugby tournaments.

Well, the 3 years were up in October 2008 and we started discussing where she wanted to live. She wants to come here. We were also trying to time it so that she could complete her degree in Windsor in spring of 2010. I had some concern about her turning 21 this June so in March I contacted the Montreal Embassy via email asking what steps I had to take to re-open the petition. (not knowing where to start, I called USCIS and NVC. they told me I had to contact Montreal) They responded in a couple of days stating they would review her file and requested current addresses and phone numbers. After a couple of more days they sent another email requesting (copied from email):

(1) A new Medical Exam (see attachment for new locations) show them

this email as our request for the new medical

2) Valid passport

3) New Police Cert- Canada

4) Completed and signed DS-230 Part I & II, you may down load it

from: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

5) Self addressed Express post envelope (12 inches wide X 15 inches

long) purchased at Canada post.

6) 2 New Pictures (passport style photos)

and a money order for $400 USD.

We have everything completed. She has her police check and is picking up her medical tomorrow and will send the package through the day after. I have voiced my concern with her regarding drug testing...rehab...etc. but in her wisdom and her research has decided that those are only recommendations and not a must-do. I want to state now that she does not do drugs. She learned a harsh lesson back in 2005.

So now we are playing the waiting game once more. I feel encouraged that Montreal is requesting a self-addressed Express post envelope and that she has to send in her passport. I'm thinking and hoping there will not be another interview but we'll cross that bridge if we have to.

She is all stressed about her final school year...where and how but I told her we can't worry about that until we see what happens from Montreal. The 'where' might be a moot point if Montreal is slow in their final decision.

I'll update as we hear anything new.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving this to regional forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An interesting circumstance - most exciting is the fact that despite experimenting as all teenagers are wont to do, she sounds very successful now and is on the right track!

I don't know how you've gotten through the last few years, but kudos to you and I hope your new petition goes quickly!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yup, thanks all

the last three years weren't so bad as she went away to school. Funny enough, she has seen more of the US than I have. I think it's most interesting that she was permitted to enter at all. The second last time she entered, the border agent told her to go to Montreal and get the 'red flag' removed off her passport as the ban is over. That way she wouldn't be questionned anymore. About a month before the ban was over, one border agent told her she should have never been able to enter but since it was so near the end he let her in.

I am impressed with the response so fast from Montreal. We'll see what happens when they get the package.

So glad that despite the bump in your immigration process a few years ago that things are back on track now. Please let us know wally when everything is complete!

My best to you!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Let that be a lesson to anyone just getting ready for your medical and interview; Don't Admit Drug Use. :whistle:;)

Bea-st of luck to your daughter wally!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck, Wally. I hope everything is fast and clear sailing for your daughter from now on.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.