maverick17

confused on part 5 of i-751 for listing childern

7 posts in this topic

We are in the same boat. I believe that they mean Section 5 to pertain to listing of children intending to adjust status with the form, however, logically they are asking for a list of all children and many have done just that.

Wish we could get a definitive answer.

My best guess at this point, is listing US Citizen children in section 5 is not correct, but many if not most filing the I-751 do it anyway. And USCIS glosses over the inclusion of unnecessary information...

But the instruction sheet for the I-751 indicates that section 5 pertains to listing of children who are intending to remove conditions along with the petition.

Hoping for a good answer in the next couple of days ourselves on what to do with section 5!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

A lot of people here got confused too in section 5 of the Form including me.In my case, I put my son's name on section 5 even though he was born here in the US coz the instruction doesn't say NOT to include US citizen children anyway.Still confusing me but so far I did not received any notice from USCIS regarding the issue.Just make sure to put US CITIZEN under 'Immigration status'and include a copy of his/her Birth Certificate as additional evidence.Good luck.

A lot of people here got confused too in section 5 of the Form including me.In my case, I put my son's name on section 5 even though he was born here in the US coz the instruction doesn't say NOT to include US citizen children anyway.Still confusing me but so far I did not received any notice from USCIS regarding the issue.Just make sure to put US CITIZEN under 'Immigration status'and include a copy of his/her Birth Certificate as additional evidence.Good luck.

When did you submit your removal of conditions paperwork?

I think listing our child, born in to this marriage and thus a USC, as well as my two children who are also USC's is incorrect for section 5 of the I-751, but believe that is what most people do anyway without it being a problem... Grrr vague instructions!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

When did you submit your removal of conditions paperwork?-February 23, 2009.

I think listing our child, born in to this marriage and thus a USC, as well as my two children who are also USC's is incorrect for section 5 of the I-751, but believe that is what most people do anyway without it being a problem... Grrr vague instructions!

-I believe that you DON'T NEED to include your two other children on the section 5 of the Form.. just the child who was born to your marriage with your wife Judith and include a copy of the child's Birth Certificate.Yeah, very confusing and should be careful too when filling out the forms.I hope you will do ok in the end and honestly, this whole thing is driving me nuts too. :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

From the advice of my immigration attorney, we only listed the child on the I-751 that also had a conditional green card, we also submitted any evidence we had with that child like grade transcripts or report cards. We received a one year extension notice for that child plus a letter telling her she is included on her mother's I-751 application.

For the N-400, they wanted us to list all of my wife's children, including my kids that would be her step kids.

Wife was very concerned about her daughter as she was treated entirely separated during the AOS process, then she became part of the same application in the I-751 which is why I contacted my immigration attorney for advice. But when her daughter received her own NOA, her one year extension notice, and her own biometrics appointment, but on a different day, wife felt relieved. But we did manage to get our daughters biometrics done on the same day as my wife as it would have been an additional 430 mile trip for us, just said please.

Yes it was frustration when dealing with an agency that has complete control over our lives, and don't even know how to ask a question in such a manner where you are sure your answer is the one they are looking for.

Our daughter did turn 18 just before we could apply for the N-400, if she didn't, would have been a USC now, the reason for that is due to the long time it took for the AOS phase, but at least she got her ten year card, so is here legally.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.