Victor&Cory

Bonafide Relationship

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

This question might have been asked before but I think is easier to have all answers in one post. Or at least be directed to where I can find some answers.

Question #1

This one goes mostly to those who have their visas already. At the moment of the interview....what kind of evidence you brought to prove your relationship? Not amount of them but what kind.

Question #2

Regardless of embassy.....What could cause to have the K-1 denied? Do you know someone that had the visa denied and the cause of it?

I'm really sorry to ask this but my SO asked me the same and could not give her straight answers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PEACE...........

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'd suggest that your SO do some reading here on VJ. There are so many different situations and amounts of evidence information needed/presented/requested.

Sadly, there are also many tales of denials. Is she coming through Bucharest? Go to the Europe and Eurasia regional forum to ask others going through that embassy.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Question #1

This one goes mostly to those who have their visas already. At the moment of the interview....what kind of evidence you brought to prove your relationship? Not amount of them but what kind.

Probably the main reason for denial would be if the Embassy/Consulate had reason(s) to believe there was some type of fraud or the K-visa being used as a way of circumventing other immigration methods.

Question #2

Regardless of embassy.....What could cause to have the K-1 denied? Do you know someone that had the visa denied and the cause of it?

I think the Guide shows some pretty good examples of evidence (see Item 7 and examples that follow). http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This question might have been asked before but I think is easier to have all answers in one post. Or at least be directed to where I can find some answers.

Question #1

Question #2

I'm really sorry to ask this but my SO asked me the same and could not give her straight answers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PEACE...........

We brought...

Email log of all emails, and four each sample emails throughout our relationship

copies of all phone bills and long distance calling card call log

travel documents from 6 visits, plus some receipts and misc.

about 100 photos from all the visits

western union receipts

They LOOKED at exactly four photos and nothing else. But I would bring it all again, who knows what the next guy wants to see. we had a "no questions asked" interview

There are lots of reasons visas get denied and they vary by consulate. Read the forums for all the horror stories. I have not heard Bucharest is particularly difficult. Kiev is known family visa "friendly", or has been until now. Positive test results for illegal drugs is a sure denial thing. They DO test for illegal drugs at the medical exam. Check the consulate reviews for Bucharest.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

pertains to the embassy/consulate, so moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to there

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

We had a huge briefcase full of evidence, but the CO asked for none of it. He only looked at the forms we submitted at the Embassy stage.

The briefcase contained about 100 pages of printed emails, chat logs, skype logs. Phone records for the past few years. A fat stack of photos. Boarding passes. Addresses from many of the packages we sent to each other in mail. Some postcards and letters. Some receipts. Probably a bunch more things I can't even remember right now.

We wanted to make sure we had anything and everything available, if asked to show more proof. However, none of it was needed.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.