12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone, I'm in panic mode. I sent out the I-129F in January and hopefully will be receiving the NOA2 shortly. I may have messed up on the paperwork becuase of the G325A for my fiancee. I filled out my G325A accordingly and signed it. However, my fiancees' G325A I couldn't sign becuase she isn't in the US. I annotated that saying that it will be signed once the paperwork gets to her. Does anybody what could happen?

This just in........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey everyone, I'm in panic mode. I sent out the I-129F in January and hopefully will be receiving the NOA2 shortly. I may have messed up on the paperwork becuase of the G325A for my fiancee. I filled out my G325A accordingly and signed it. However, my fiancees' G325A I couldn't sign becuase she isn't in the US. I annotated that saying that it will be signed once the paperwork gets to her. Does anybody what could happen?

I would figure that they would have sent it back since it was not signed. I read a post before about someone sending a copy of a signed document and they sent that back. Maybe because you annotated it saying that she would sign it later.....

Frankly I would have figured they would send it back anyways and make you send in a proper signed version. If I were you I'd get her to fill it out and send it to you just in case. That way if you do get something asking for it you have it ready at least. Hopefully you won't need it.

Good luck :)

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What I know of though is that your fiancee's G325A should be signed by her... What we did was I sent out my filled out and signed G325A to my fiance before he sent the whole packet to USCIS... I don't know though what the outcome will be you had hers annotated... most probably they'll have you send them the G325A with her signature... Hope everything will turn out well for you...

J&J

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I had my SO sign 4 blank forms and then I filled them out. I agree, that it wouldn't hurt to get them signed and be prepared to send them ASAP if they are needed. I also agree, as I am surprised your file was not returned to you when it was received and reviewed for acceptance. That said, that part doesn't surprise me that much with what I have seen happen going through this process. But it seems to me, that when you file actually gets to someone's desk to get worked on, that this someone will actually see the missing signatures and send out an RFE. I suppose you could always try and call the useless line and see.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Pretty sure they have to be signed and submitted, I am surprised you did not get an RFE.

So far, I have only received the NOA1. Is it possible that I receive a RFE?

Yes all four pages need to be signed in ink by her. Get her to do that and send you the forms so you will have them when you get your RFE which you should get for omitting this.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
I had my SO sign 4 blank forms and then I filled them out. I agree, that it wouldn't hurt to get them signed and be prepared to send them ASAP if they are needed. I also agree, as I am surprised your file was not returned to you when it was received and reviewed for acceptance. That said, that part doesn't surprise me that much with what I have seen happen going through this process. But it seems to me, that when you file actually gets to someone's desk to get worked on, that this someone will actually see the missing signatures and send out an RFE. I suppose you could always try and call the useless line and see.

Do people generally receive an RFE before an NOA1? Or do you normally get the RFE after you receive a NOA1?

This just in........

Timeline
After... a NOA1 is really just a receipt that it was received at the center.

Sorry for the million and 1 questions, but 1 more. If I receive an RFE, will I have to start the wait all over again?

This just in........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
After... a NOA1 is really just a receipt that it was received at the center.

Sorry for the million and 1 questions, but 1 more. If I receive an RFE, will I have to start the wait all over again?

It depends from case to case... I know of one that received an RFE, sent the necessary information asked for within the week and still received the NOA2 within a month after NOA1 receipt...

J&J

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

No - an RFE places your petition on hold - once you respond (and assuming what you send is sufficient) your case processing resumes so the delay is minimal. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.