rwaggs21

Does being a Federal Special agent help?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I absolutely do love her and i am very excited about our future, I just want to get the process started. I have another question. In the I-129F it wants her name and address filled out in Thai. Should i emial it to her, have her sign it and just mail it back to me in the States?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
OK, I'm have brain freeze. :bonk::bonk: Plenty of folks here going through Thailand. Don't know why I had PI stuck in my head.

What is your take on the situation, pretty straight forward, I am 31 she is 29, we met last year, talked for a year, just went and saw her again. Now we want to do this thing. We met each other in a shopping center. She was actually visiting Phuket from england. She now lives back in Phuket. I have followed the checklist, but I keep hearing all these horror stories. What do you think?

Not sure where you are in the process. I don't know your case personally, but from what I have seen the K-1 goes pretty smoothly through USCIS. In the vast majority (not all), the case goes through NVC to the consulate in a matter of days after USCIS approval. The interview in Thailand is where some of us have had some issues lately. Also pleas fill in your timeline. That is how we use data to forecast when approvals will take place.

I absolutely do love her and i am very excited about our future, I just want to get the process started. I have another question. In the I-129F it wants her name and address filled out in Thai. Should i emial it to her, have her sign it and just mail it back to me in the States?

Have her email you her Name and Address in Thai. You can cut and paste that in to the form.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hmm well i wish u luck but im like the other person if u get special treatment with the service center i for one am not gonna be a happy camper either but that is not directed at u its the system its broken.

good luck and hope everything goes well for u

sara

Timeline
OK, I'm have brain freeze. :bonk::bonk: Plenty of folks here going through Thailand. Don't know why I had PI stuck in my head.

What is your take on the situation, pretty straight forward, I am 31 she is 29, we met last year, talked for a year, just went and saw her again. Now we want to do this thing. We met each other in a shopping center. She was actually visiting Phuket from england. She now lives back in Phuket. I have followed the checklist, but I keep hearing all these horror stories. What do you think?

Not sure where you are in the process. I don't know your case personally, but from what I have seen the K-1 goes pretty smoothly through USCIS. In the vast majority (not all), the case goes through NVC to the consulate in a matter of days after USCIS approval. The interview in Thailand is where some of us have had some issues lately. Also pleas fill in your timeline. That is how we use data to forecast when approvals will take place.

Have her email you her Name and Address in Thai. You can cut and paste that in to the form.

How about the G form when has to sign?

Timeline

that she has to sign herself no way around that one.

sara

Timeline

She has to sign the G-325a. All four pages. Needs to be her original signature.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Thank you. So just have her sign it and ups it to me? Is that the most logical?

sara

Timeline

sara

i dont know how other couples do it but when i was in india perviz filled out the papers and signed it i brought it back with me and mailed it off

sara

Timeline

OP (OP='original poster' - that's you rwaggs21) ... please note:

Also pleas fill in your timeline. That is how we use data to forecast when approvals will take place.

:time: This is important. We are happy to help, but if you want to be part of the community, please do your part too.

hmm well i wish u luck but im like the other person if u get special treatment with the service center i for one am not gonna be a happy camper either but that is not directed at u its the system its broken.

good luck and hope everything goes well for u

sara

OP - please meet Sara. She's a very special person here on VJ. Sara has been stuck waiting for her NOA2 not for 6 months.. not 1 year.. not 1.5 years.. but approaching 2 years at this time.

When people get impatient about how long the process takes, those of us in the know think of Sara's predicament and wish her the very best to be reunited with her husband ASAP.

sara

i dont know how other couples do it but when i was in india perviz filled out the papers and signed it i brought it back with me and mailed it off

sara

My fiance signed the forms when I was in England with him, and they weren't even filled out yet. I filled them out for him. It was fine.

Timeline
How many pictures, flight tickets, etc do i need to include in the initial packet to the I0129F submisssion

our attorney had us send four pics in, also copies of my complete passport it showed entry and exit from india as well as proof im a usa citizen

gave copies of our trip agenda the ticket agent gave us, also copies of our boarding passes and the letter from each of us stating that we want to marry and how we met.

its been almost two years for us so im pretty sure i have forgotten what else we sent but someone here will know and tell u

sara

opps almost forgot u have to send in ur birth certificates as well as any divorce papers if u were married before

Edited by estadia

How many pictures, flight tickets, etc do i need to include in the initial packet to the I0129F submisssion

On the guides here it said no more than 5...I think I sent 6, because one was of the ring, not us. But other people sent a LOT more than that. Other things, I would probably send COPIES of whatever you have, as much as you can. My approach to it was its better to send too much than not enough. Others may feel differently. When I sent the material to my fiance for the interview, he was shocked because I included so much stuff. I'd rather be over prepared for this entire process than under prepared. Follow the guides exactly, and you will be fine.

Timeline

You need to prove that you met in person within the last two years when you file the I-129F. It doesn't take much to prove that. The real proof of relationship hurdles you need to jump over will be at the interview. Pictures, letters, emails etc. etc.

I lived in Thailand for 3 years with my wife, and provided 6 photos at the interview. They wanted more. So next time you are together, go crazy with the camera.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

You need to prove that you met in person within the last two years when you file the I-129F. It doesn't take much to prove that. The real proof of relationship hurdles you need to jump over will be at the interview. Pictures, letters, emails etc. etc.

I lived in Thailand for 3 years with my wife, and provided 6 photos at the interview. They wanted more. So next time you are together, go crazy with the camera.

So basically, the pressure begins once my case gets approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.