eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
we're still waiting to hear back from the embassy regarding an interview date.

Although the interview date is set by the Consulate - the DOS Hotline will know of it. Suggest you call DOS, get a Human and ask for case status. Good Luck!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
hi everybody,

i'm new to this forum but not to visajourney.com, it's been very helpful for my fiancé and i throughout this whole process.

i'm posting because we're both quite frustrated with the visa process. as you can see from my signature (hopefully, if i formatted it properly!) we're still waiting to hear back from the embassy regarding an interview date. danny has called them several times (since i'm not in the UK, i can't) and he keeps getting a different answer each time. his medical exam is scheduled for january 15th. when he has called to ask about the interview date, one time he was told he will have to wait an additional 9 months from the time of his medical exam. another time he was told that it's an additional 3 month wait from the time of his medical exam. we're both getting frustrated because obviously we want to be together and we'd like to at least make some wedding plans, but with all this uncertainty we can't even choose a wedding date. reading through this thread, it looks like many of the may 2009 filers are already married, or if not, their fiancé(e) is already in the US. why is it taking so long for us?

sorry to be whiny, i'm just a bit exasperated. thanks for your help.

jennifer

I understand what you mean. Life is short, and difficult, and the Visa people do not make it any easier. The Visa process has so much BS. Good Luck............

Edited by Bob g

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i guess yesterday's post helped, because i just got a call from my fiancé, who just got home from work to find a letter from the embassy... he has an interview date! january 19th!!!! looks like he'll be here in early february, and we'll be married by march :) thanks to everyone for your replies and help!

k-1 visa timeline:

march 1998: meet danny in a british exchange program in high school

1998-2008: stay in touch via email, IM, phone, become best friends, fall in love

02/11/2009: danny proposes!

05/13/2009: mail I-129F to vermont visa center

05/18/2009: receive NOA1

09/11/2009: receive NOA2

09/18/2009: visa packet leaves NVC and is headed to the UK

11/25/09: danny mails packet 3 paperwork to london embassy

12/10/09: london embassy receives paperwork

01/15/10: danny's medical exam

01/19/10: visa interview date

??/??/10: POE (boston-logan int'l airport)

03/12/10: wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and good luck! :thumbs:

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

i guess yesterday's post helped, because i just got a call from my fiancé, who just got home from work to find a letter from the embassy... he has an interview date! january 19th!!!! looks like he'll be here in early february, and we'll be married by march :) thanks to everyone for your replies and help!

That's awesome, congrats!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Hello Guys,

Longest time...sorry guys i have been running around for the wedding preparations. The good news is that we're all set and the Lord is great always. My fiancee Visa was successfully picked up on NOV. 27th without stress after passing the interview on November 20th.

I,m so great for everyone that contributed to my questions here and i will remain here to complete my Journey once she comes.

I used this site for my citizenship processes and had no problem and now i used it again for my fiancee processes and had no problems

I have recommended this site to three of my friends. GREAT SITE

tHANKS

Congratulations! Best wishes to you and yours!

Hey guys - long time no talk...

Just wanted to check in and let you know that our interview and visa process was great..my finance just entered the US last week and now we are together!!! We're going to have the court wedding this week and then begin the AOS process. She entered through JFK so she got a EAD without asking!

Awesome! :thumbs: Hope you all are adjusting well! Best wishes to you guys!! :dance:

Hey everyone Just interviewed today and passed in Guangzhou! Bob g, they are being real good so far this month at guangzhou giving visas. A few other guys and me were waiting for our fiancees to come out and they all passed! Good Luck man!!!

Congrats on your approval! Best wishes!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Long time no post! Just to update you, we have sent in our AOS/EAD/AP application! :thumbs: So now it's the wait. Hopefully it will take less time than the K1 to be approved!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tina

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hey everyone!

Long time no post! Just to update you, we have sent in our AOS/EAD/AP application! :thumbs: So now it's the wait. Hopefully it will take less time than the K1 to be approved!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tina

Hello Guys,

Longest time no post....sorry guys just came back from my Old country and AOS/EAD process will begin soon. Happy to meet you all back again for the next Journey processes, and Glory be to God for those that got approved and with their loved ones.

Thanks and God bless

1-129F Journey:

Met my Fiancee: 1998 when i was a tutor in a High

1998 December: Became friends and started talking

2000 : Lost Contact and never met again

2003: Traveled to the States and still not talking

2005: Traveled back home and we met again ( serious here)

2007: I made up my mind that she is "the one"

2007 December 27th: Proposed to her

2009 May 12th: sent in the 1-129F for her

2009 May 19th: Receipt of NOA1

Sept 15th : NOA2 Approved email received

Sept 22nd: NOA2 Hard Copy received

Sept 16th: Package sent to NVC

Sept 17th: Package Received at NVC

Sept 21st: Package sent to Local Embassy.

Sept 26th : NVC Approval Letter received in the mail

Sept 28th: Package Delivered at Local Embassy (Lagos Nigeria)....Signed by Ben Obi by 10.50am.....yahooo..time to get ready for interview

NOV 20TH: Interview Date by 7.am...too early and i wonder what my woman will do since she is like 6hrs from the Location

MEDICAL: Done on 12th

Interview: PASSED on 20th without stress and not much questions......Glory be to God

Visa Picked up: Nov. 27th

Wedding: Dec 31st..... Got wedded and was fabulous

January 16th..... Wife entered US with me through IAD ,,,,,,NO EAD received

January 20th..... Got our Marriage License

February 14th .....Civil Marriage Date

.......... AOS

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Just updating! We got my AOS approval yesterday!! :dance:

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.