eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Salut a tous,

I received letter from NVC today regarding my approved I29F. they have forwarded it to paris and I saw that it was delivered. :dance:

Ladonna, how are you? how is your case progressing?

Good lock to everyone.

Tres bien Licia!!!

What date is the letter from?? I hope I get mine on Monday, so that I can find out my case number.... and the embassy in CCS has not responded.... so we'll wait on that too :P... not like I can do something else... :rofl:

Licia! Ciao cara! Well, we're stuck in NVC now, and I've pretty much abandoned this thread for the time being and moved to the "stuck in NVC" thread. :angry: Now my Love is planning another trip here to the States to stay with me a few weeks, given we're in I-129f Purgatory. :crying:

I'm so happy for all those who are making progress, but then it also makes me sad each time I see someone else's case progressing and ours is stalled. Last year I endured 5 weeks without electricity after Hurricane Ike came here where I live. Then the media would say, "85% of houses have electricity restored" ... then "90% ..." then "95% have electricity restored... that only made me feel worse, knowing I was in the last 5% to have electricity restored, although of course I was happy for those who had it already! This is a similar feeling. :(

OOO Ladonna, this is so sad and i feel really bad and sorry for you. Give it this week before planning anything else. because what if your love comes and then NVC sends your package? then he'll have to return before his expected date of return, and that's gonna be a wait for you two. so please be strong and keep praying, i'm praying for you too. when you call NVC what do they tell you? have they given you a case number yet? if yes, then they've probably sent it to the embassy. you cann call they embassy and see if they've gotten it.

don't be sad, it'll be fine.

BISOU

yes, i've called them several times and they tell you nothing ... this in spite they sent me a definitive letter on Sep 7 saying our petition was approved and would be forwarded to the consulate by September 14. Then I found out this letter means nothing, even though it had our case number, our alien number, everything...Everyone gets this letter, but it means nothing. Now in the NVC thread, they talk about horror stories of being stuck in NVC for up to 50 days, for no reason... it's like a lottery. Thank you for your sweet words, and I wish the best luck to all. ANyway, if he comes here and we get the notice from the consulate, we still don't have to answer them immediately. He might stay here 3 or 4 weeks, anyway, it's better than nothing. We miss each other terribly. We haven't been together since March 30, when he was forced to leave because of the 90 day limit on visa waiver. Then we decided we wanted to live together forever, so we started the petition process.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Salut a tous,

I received letter from NVC today regarding my approved I29F. they have forwarded it to paris and I saw that it was delivered. :dance:

Ladonna, how are you? how is your case progressing?

Good lock to everyone.

Tres bien Licia!!!

What date is the letter from?? I hope I get mine on Monday, so that I can find out my case number.... and the embassy in CCS has not responded.... so we'll wait on that too :P... not like I can do something else... :rofl:

Licia! Ciao cara! Well, we're stuck in NVC now, and I've pretty much abandoned this thread for the time being and moved to the "stuck in NVC" thread. :angry: Now my Love is planning another trip here to the States to stay with me a few weeks, given we're in I-129f Purgatory. :crying:

I'm so happy for all those who are making progress, but then it also makes me sad each time I see someone else's case progressing and ours is stalled. Last year I endured 5 weeks without electricity after Hurricane Ike came here where I live. Then the media would say, "85% of houses have electricity restored" ... then "90% ..." then "95% have electricity restored... that only made me feel worse, knowing I was in the last 5% to have electricity restored, although of course I was happy for those who had it already! This is a similar feeling. :(

OOO Ladonna, this is so sad and i feel really bad and sorry for you. Give it this week before planning anything else. because what if your love comes and then NVC sends your package? then he'll have to return before his expected date of return, and that's gonna be a wait for you two. so please be strong and keep praying, i'm praying for you too. when you call NVC what do they tell you? have they given you a case number yet? if yes, then they've probably sent it to the embassy. you cann call they embassy and see if they've gotten it.

don't be sad, it'll be fine.

BISOU

yes, i've called them several times and they tell you nothing ... this in spite they sent me a definitive letter on Sep 7 saying our petition was approved and would be forwarded to the consulate by September 14. Then I found out this letter means nothing, even though it had our case number, our alien number, everything...Everyone gets this letter, but it means nothing. Now in the NVC thread, they talk about horror stories of being stuck in NVC for up to 50 days, for no reason... it's like a lottery. Thank you for your sweet words, and I wish the best luck to all. ANyway, if he comes here and we get the notice from the consulate, we still don't have to answer them immediately. He might stay here 3 or 4 weeks, anyway, it's better than nothing. We miss each other terribly. We haven't been together since March 30, when he was forced to leave because of the 90 day limit on visa waiver. Then we decided we wanted to live together forever, so we started the petition process.

Ladonna,

I don't know what to tell you but have faith. keep praying.

question for everyone else.

I'm filing up my I134 and i don't know what to put in #11. I see in the example form to put in (N/A K1 visa process) and i also read that it's not the best answer. has anyone done this yet? and did it work? and what should the co-sponsor put?

thanks

Hello everyone

i've searched throught the forums for an answer, but no luck (maybe cos it's Monday morning and my brain is still warming up)

Anyhoo, The NVC told me my case was sent to Sydney last week and I have been tracking a package that was delivered to Sydney Consulate this morning. Though I am not 100% sure it's ours, I am 100% hoping it is.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out if it was in fact our petition? I have read you can call the department of state, but would it be too early to do that right now?

Thanks for your help!

Hope you all have a great week :yes:

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello everyone

i've searched throught the forums for an answer, but no luck (maybe cos it's Monday morning and my brain is still warming up)

Anyhoo, The NVC told me my case was sent to Sydney last week and I have been tracking a package that was delivered to Sydney Consulate this morning. Though I am not 100% sure it's ours, I am 100% hoping it is.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out if it was in fact our petition? I have read you can call the department of state, but would it be too early to do that right now?

Thanks for your help!

Hope you all have a great week :yes:

Hello Guys,

My Package has been delivered at the Local Embassy Lagos signed by Ben Obi ....I,m so Happy and getting ready for interview. Wish the rest of you safe Journey and God's guidance

1-129F Journey:

Met my Fiancee: 1998 when i was a tutor in a High

1998 December: Became friends and started talking

2000 : Lost Contact and never met again

2003: Traveled to the States and still not talking

2005: Traveled back home and we met again ( serious here)

2007: I made up my mind that she is "the one"

2007 December 27th: Proposed to her

2009 May 12th: sent in the 1-129F for her

2009 May 19th: Receipt of NOA1

Sept 15th : NOA2 Approved email received

Sept 22nd: NOA2 Hard Copy received

Sept 16th: Package sent to NVC

Sept 17th: Package Received at NVC

Sept 21st: Package sent to Local Embassy.

Sept 26th : NVC Approval Letter received in the mail

Sept 28th: Package Delivered at Local Embassy (Lagos Nigeria)....Signed by Ben Obi by 10.50am.....yahooo..time to get ready for interview

NOV 20TH: Interview Date by 7.am...too early and i wonder what my woman will do since she is like 6hrs from the Location

MEDICAL: Done on 12th

Interview: PASSED on 20th without stress and not much questions......Glory be to God

Visa Picked up: Nov. 27th

Wedding: Dec 31st..... Got wedded and was fabulous

January 16th..... Wife entered US with me through IAD ,,,,,,NO EAD received

January 20th..... Got our Marriage License

February 14th .....Civil Marriage Date

.......... AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning, May filers!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Miss Natalie: You may have to wait a couple of days to see if the consulate has logged your file. The DoS won't know until it's logged in the consulate system.

2big: Congrats on getting your case at the consulate!

Good luck everyone on the rest of your journey! :thumbs:

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning may fillers!!!

Hopefully today I'll get more info about my case.... also Lil'mermaid... I hope you get your NOA2 this week also for USA+colombia....

the rest of you guys whichever situation your are... good luck!!!

Regards,

Temp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ladonna,

I don't know what to tell you but have faith. keep praying.

I'm filing up my I134 and i don't know what to put in #11. I see in the example form to put in (N/A K1 visa process) and i also read that it's not the best answer. has anyone done this yet? and did it work? and what should the co-sponsor put?

thanks

Timeline

thanks

Hey Licia,

I filled up mine using the example given here, On VJ.... a friend of mine who immigrated last year used and had no issues, and from the people I asked...they did not have any issues either... however.... I think they did not needed a co-sponsor... so I am not sure how to go about that one... I would suggest posting a new topic... with your question and let VJ community give you some advice on it....just as a suggestion, be as clear as possible posting your question because sometimes people just reply dumb answers that you already know, in other words, post on it that you have seen the example, here in VJ, but you have doubts for such and such reason.... Bonne Chance!!!

Update on my case...

they still have not fixed the issue at the NVC, but me being such a PITA...(pain.... in...you know the rest).... I was able to make sure that my case left the NVC on Wednesday and I used the DHL tracking tool and it arrived to the CCS' Embassy on Friday

Still no response from the embassy about my appointment.

Timeline

So DoS confirmed that Montreal sent our packet 3 but could not confirm the date. I'm going to assume that it was sent on Friday, sometime after I called. So I should receive packet 3 before month-end. Yay! Will keep you updated! :thumbs:

Tina

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline
Hey guys - I see that you guys are posting in your signature 'NVC letter received' - what is that?

Hi DND2009,

It's just the hard copy of the NVC letter saying they have forwarded to the consulate.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hey guys - I see that you guys are posting in your signature 'NVC letter received' - what is that?

Hi DND2009,

It's just the hard copy of the NVC letter saying they have forwarded to the consulate.

Tina

And don't believe it ... it's not worth anything. They send that letter to everyone, and then half of them get stuck in AP anyway, with no end in sight. Good luck.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline

Hey Guys,

I got my hardcopy letter from the NVC saying that they received my case... so finally I got the case number.... but still no email from the Embassy.... good luck to everyone waiting for either NOA2, NVC, etc....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Good morning may fillers!!!

Hopefully today I'll get more info about my case.... also Lil'mermaid... I hope you get your NOA2 this week also for USA+colombia....

the rest of you guys whichever situation your are... good luck!!!

Regards,

Temp

Ahh...thanks for remembering me. Nothing yet but I hope it is this week too. :)

hey guys just want to share we got the hard copy of our noa2... :thumbs::dance:

Thank you Lord!!!

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.