eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just checked on DHL's website and saw something was sent to Mumbai today so called NVC but they said they still don't have any record of my case.

They said that until it comes to NVC it will come up as no record again, anyone else experience this?

yes, I had something similar, then found out I was stuck at NVC in AP status. I sincerely hope you have better luck, and go with those who pass quickly through the NVC phase. Godspeed!

What does AP status mean? And when it was sent to NVC orginially did you speak to someone on the phone and could they find your file then?

DND2009, AP means additional processing. Did NVC give you the date when the package left them? If they did, then the package did leave and the consulate just still hasn't logged your case into the system. Wait 5 business from when DHL said they delivered your package. Not sure how your consulate is, but that's what happened to the Montreal consulate.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey everyone.

I phoned the NVC earlier today and spoke to a woman who I could barely understand! She told me that my case had been received on the 22nd by them and she couldn't give me an exact date on when it would leave the NVC, although it'd probably be around 3-4weeks and it was "Under Review". That's about as much as I could get from her.

Got the case number though so I guess I can just use that when I phone in the future?

Hopefully it doesn't take 3-4 weeks to leave the NVC, that sounds like something they seem to tell most people.

Still hoping to get over there for christmas!

Jaz :thumbs:

x

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Timeline
hi jasmin&travis you might be on ap at nvc too....well, were still ap at nvc hope it wont take long time.. :angry:

I hope you're out of AP soon :(

Yeah we might be in AP, I'll phone back tomorrow and see if I can get someone else to talk to and get a bit more info. Not too worried if we are in AP.

We'll get there eventually :)

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Haven't even gotten a touch and I've called the service center I don't know how many times. Unfortunately I have not gotten ahold of a person. So, I used the email address to contact them and explained why I didn't wait 30 days for email contact.

I just made the observation that the website says cases are taken in the order they are filed...but many people are being approved who have filed a month or more after I did. So I asked if it were possible that my case was lost.

Any chance I'll get an email back?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
Only after receiving the visa - you never know - something could go wrong!!! so glad it did not!

Well I am glad you were able to get all done .... congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: good luck on the rest of the process....

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

@ Tina,

Congrats!! I'm glad to hear you are moving along!!!!

@ Licia

I am not sure how the process works in Paris, each embassy/consulate works differently... as far as my understanding goes... Visa in France can only be done in Paris... at the embassy... if you have another consulate closer to your (in the event that you do not live in Paris) you can call and ask how that works... from personal experience my closest one when I was there it was the one in Strasbourg...

On the other side, I did a little research and I did not find a way to make appointments on the website for Immigrant visas, it only talks about non-immigrant appointment, which is not your case... so my advice is call them or send them an email and try that way first...

here is the link in English for them (the one in French only tells you if you want more information use the one in English... very lazy of them...)

http://france.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

PS: What I did, is I sent an email to the embassy in Caracas explaining everything with scanned documents showing my correct DOB, if in fact my case was sent to the embassy... I do not have the NVC case number so I had to write and freaking testament to explain my situation....

@ The ones in AP

I am certain this wait will be short.... I for one I'm not even sure if my case did go out... because these people are the same as USCIS, not too helpful when is their mistake...

@ People still waiting on NOA2....

I suggest to send an email talking about your case only, do not mention other cases because from what I've read from other Vjers.. that has not helped at all... because they do not consider VJ as an fact based resource (this is only an statistical tool).... so they will use the we can only trust the USCIS (so use this as your base for your claim on your email) information card on you, and they will also say "each case is different".... so try to make your request of status as polite as possible and if you can see if the help of a congressman, representative, etc will work (from previous experience is not a given that it will work) but all of these things are just recommendations from what I've read, which is information available to you, and you are more than welcome to research it yourself...

I wish you the best of luck, and if any of you has questions that I could help, let me know....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just checked on DHL's website and saw something was sent to Mumbai today so called NVC but they said they still don't have any record of my case.

They said that until it comes to NVC it will come up as no record again, anyone else experience this?

yes, I had something similar, then found out I was stuck at NVC in AP status. I sincerely hope you have better luck, and go with those who pass quickly through the NVC phase. Godspeed!

What does AP status mean? And when it was sent to NVC orginially did you speak to someone on the phone and could they find your file then?

DND2009, AP means additional processing. Did NVC give you the date when the package left them? If they did, then the package did leave and the consulate just still hasn't logged your case into the system. Wait 5 business from when DHL said they delivered your package. Not sure how your consulate is, but that's what happened to the Montreal consulate.

Hope this helps.

Tina

NVC said they have not received my case yet, so don't know when it left. I saw a case had left for Mumbai consulate which is why I thought it could be mine. So right now it's in not AP or anything just not received to NVC yet.

Edited by DND2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Only after receiving the visa - you never know - something could go wrong!!! so glad it did not!

Well I am glad you were able to get all done .... congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: good luck on the rest of the process....

Eltemp, thank you very much. and yes my embassy is in paris. thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Well I just sent packet 3 back to the embassy. It was pretty easy, form DS230 Part I, resend their checklist back to them and a copy of my biographic first page of my passport.

DS230 did cause some grief cause it asks for residence the past 10 years in months and dates. Heck if I remember exact months on where I stayed. It also asks for education institutions and exact months and dates on courses taken. I don't remember it so I did an approximate since it was like 6-10 years ago.

So now we're waiting for an interview date and for Leo to send down the I-134 and supporting docs for him and his co-sponsor, updated letter of intent and some letters from his parents attesting the true nature of our relationship.

Turns out you can't self translate your documents to English at the Malaysian embassy so I had to go get my uncle's law firm to do it.

They only asked for 1 year of tax returns, not 3 and my police certificate is valid for 1 year, not 6 months.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Timeline

Eltemp, thanks for the congrats! Hope your case moves faster, too!

DND2009, it's a bit of pain not knowing if/when the package left NVC. I suggest that you wait until Monday and call again.

Leo&Farah, congrats on sending packet 3! At least you won't be waiting long for the interview! If only our consulate were that fast. Hopefully they'll be nicer come holiday season.

Wish everyone luck on their cases! :thumbs::thumbs:

Tina

P.S. Our NVC letter just arrived in the mail yesterday. I wasn't all that worried because I'd found out from DoS the good news :)

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

Good afternoon May.

I phoned the NVC again today and spoke to another person. She just said we were being processed through their systems and it hasn't left them yet but it shouldn't take any longer than a few days.

Who knows!

x

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

Timeline
Good afternoon May.

I phoned the NVC again today and spoke to another person. She just said we were being processed through their systems and it hasn't left them yet but it shouldn't take any longer than a few days.

Who knows!

x

Good luck, Jaz! Hope it'll be smooth sailing after that! :dance:

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Good afternoon May.

Who knows!

x

Hello guys...what has been going on here....Hoping everyone now has received their NOA2>? Just checked the DHL tracking now and the Package is still sitting at the DHL facility and hopefully it will be delivered today. Wish everyone safe trip on this Journey and remain blessed

1-129F Journey:

Met my Fiancee: 1998 when i was a tutor in a High

1998 December: Became friends and started talking

2000 : Lost Contact and never met again

2003: Traveled to the States and still not talking

2005: Traveled back home and we met again ( serious here)

2007: I made up my mind that she is "the one"

2007 December 27th: Proposed to her

2009 May 12th: sent in the 1-129F for her

2009 May 19th: Receipt of NOA1

Sept 15th : NOA2 Approved email received

Sept 22nd: NOA2 Hard Copy received

Sept 16th: Package sent to NVC

Sept 17th: Package Received at NVC

Sept 21st: Package sent to Local Embassy.

Sept 26th : NVC Approval Letter received in the mail

Sept 28th: Package Delivered at Local Embassy (Lagos Nigeria)....Signed by Ben Obi by 10.50am.....yahooo..time to get ready for interview

NOV 20TH: Interview Date by 7.am...too early and i wonder what my woman will do since she is like 6hrs from the Location

MEDICAL: Done on 12th

Interview: PASSED on 20th without stress and not much questions......Glory be to God

Visa Picked up: Nov. 27th

Wedding: Dec 31st..... Got wedded and was fabulous

January 16th..... Wife entered US with me through IAD ,,,,,,NO EAD received

January 20th..... Got our Marriage License

February 14th .....Civil Marriage Date

.......... AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Good afternoon May.

Who knows!

x

Hello guys...what has been going on here....Hoping everyone now has received their NOA2>? Just checked the DHL tracking now and the Package is still sitting at the DHL facility and hopefully it will be delivered today. Wish everyone safe trip on this Journey and remain blessed

Hello May,

bonne nouvelle. my case was delivered to the embassy today :dance::dance: . i so hapyy things are now going fast, I just hope they continue like that. i was appouved on the 17th, the 21st NVC got my package, they chipped it the 23rd and it's delivered today the 25th. I can't wait for the to send package 3, the only thing now is that DOB error in the application. i hope it doesn't cause us pain to correct it.

to everyone else, good luck.

Licia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.