Sher&Alex

Time between NVC and US consulate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody-

Is it possible to know the statut of our case at the US consulate? NVC sent our case at end of March and I don't still hear about the packet for the interview and don't know date of interview too.

Thank you in advance for your experience !

You can email them - I did for Ankara, they are pretty fast in replying.

I also received an email from them on receipt of the package, and the interview date, as Umit did.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Hi everybody-

Is it possible to know the statut of our case at the US consulate? NVC sent our case at end of March and I don't still hear about the packet for the interview and don't know date of interview too.

You first have to be sure the NVC has sent your case on the the consulate. Receiving the letter from the NVC saying they will send it within one week does not mean they have actually done so. I got that letter more than one month ago and my case is still in "additional processing" at the NVC.

Call the NVC (sorry - don't have number handy) to confirm that your case was sent on ... Then call your consulate.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Timeline
Hi everybody-

I called the embassy switchboard and asked to speak to someone in the visa department directly. It took a couple of phone calls before someone answered the phone but in the end I got through. Also, it seems as if the embassy in Paris is working a bit slow. It has been taking them at least 3 weeks to weeks to process the paperwork. :bonk:

Timeline complete and up to date! Check it out!

To track DHL shipment of your petition from NVC to the embassy refer to this posting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=#entry2811887

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi everybody-

You first have to be sure the NVC has sent your case on the the consulate. Receiving the letter from the NVC saying they will send it within one week does not mean they have actually done so. I got that letter more than one month ago and my case is still in "additional processing" at the NVC.

Call the NVC (sorry - don't have number handy) to confirm that your case was sent on ... Then call your consulate.

:thumbs: Matt is right... You may not have left NVC at all since their letters telling you that your case as forwarded are meaningless. We got 4 such letters all saying we would be sent to Consulate within the week, and yet were in AP for 7 weeks. This has happened to many.

Call NVC at (603) 334-0700 and talk to an attendant, not the automated response. Hit '1' then '5'. Good luck.

Timeline

Thank you for your answer.

Yes my fiancée received the letter from NVC. So I think our case is at Paris... but maybe not...

I am going try to call them, we never know!

Hi everybody-

Timeline

Hi and thank you for your answer.

You're right, unfortunately... NVC told to my fiancée today that our case was not sent then she got a letter from NVC which stated I'll get soon the packet 3 from Paris! In fact our case is undergoing additional review...

Wait and see now...

Hi everybody-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.