simple_mhe24

Need some info about renewing my GC

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!! Just want to ask some info regarding on my GC renewal...Though I still have to do it by next year in August 25...

I had CR1 and I just got here in US last year in August 25..my husband and I are already 2 years married before I even got here in US...I got my Green Card just 2 weeks after I got here...And since I got here,i didnt do anything anymore...

Now,I'm curious on what I need to do or what it requires when I renew my Green Card? Do I also have to do that Removal of Conditions?

Please inform me on some things...It'll be much appreciated...Thank You and God Bless!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello everyone!! Just want to ask some info regarding on my GC renewal...Though I still have to do it by next year in August 25...

I had CR1 and I just got here in US last year in August 25..my husband and I are already 2 years married before I even got here in US...I got my Green Card just 2 weeks after I got here...And since I got here,i didnt do anything anymore...

Now,I'm curious on what I need to do or what it requires when I renew my Green Card? Do I also have to do that Removal of Conditions?

Please inform me on some things...It'll be much appreciated...Thank You and God Bless!!!

If you were married for more than 2 years when you entered the US then you have been given the wrong Greencard, you should have got a 10 year greencard.

You would be best to make a infopass appointment at your local office and check your status with them. You will need to complete a form I-90 to get the card corrected. You should not have to pay a fee as it is USCIS mistake.

Infopass is the best way to get this sorted out, but do not wait until the card is about to expire do it now.

It seems they made a mistake by issuing a conditional card to you. You can make an Infopass appointment, but they will most probably just tell you to file I-90 and send supporting evidence together with the original GC. There is no fee for this since it was their mistake. You do not need to lift the conditions because legally there are no any. Still, there is a mistake in their system (you are under CR1), and you definitely need to correct it.

Thank You so much guys for the response...it was a really big help to us..that's what me and my husband thought too that I was supposed to get a 10 year GC but it surprised us that I only got 2 year GC...So,before we're going to file for that I-90...do we need to call USCIS first?What are the step we need to do?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank You so much guys for the response...it was a really big help to us..that's what me and my husband thought too that I was supposed to get a 10 year GC but it surprised us that I only got 2 year GC...So,before we're going to file for that I-90...do we need to call USCIS first?What are the step we need to do?

Complete the I-90 form and take it and your greencard and your passport to a infopass appointment show them your greencard and the I-90 form and ask them for a I-551 stamp in your passport and once you have that mail the I-90 and any evidence they ask for to the address given on the form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.