domegirl1978

How many of you are or will be living in South Florida?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everybody!

Just out of curiousity, how many of you are now living or will be moving down to South Florida after finishing the K-1 process here in Canada?

I'm going to be just south of West Palm Beach in Boynton Beach.

It would be nice to get together with some of you if you are living in that area or close by after I complete everything. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tampa for me :)

( that is when the visa is approved :yes: )

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're in Clearwater on the gulf coast.

I don't know if this is going to seem WAY off topic. But just wanted to share something I discovered that might come in handy for you Canadians trying to adjust to the Florida heat. Sometimes when It gets hot here (every day...) and I don't hydrate properly and take electrolytes.. I get these nasty heat headaches! And I hope you won't get them, but if you do, I found a a natural non-drug solution! You take about 2Tbsp of apple cider vinegar and mix it into a glass of water and gulp it down. It's gross, but it works if you can keep it down. My headaches have gone away within 5 minutes of drinking this mixture and the lethargy goes away too. If it's too nasty for you, I also tried putting half a teaspoon of baking soda in there to mellow out the acid, and it still works! It has the same blood thinning effect as Aspirin, plus loads of natural electrolytes and minerals. And the only side effect I've noticed is my hair has become luxuriously shiny and smooth (my wife is jealous!). Anyways, sorry to be so off topic. But just thought I'd share.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll have to try that recipe in the Georgia heat as well!

Boyton Beach - one of my best friends lives there - she loves it!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I live in Central Florida- Cocoa Beach which is just east of Orlando. :)

I've lived in Florida since 1990, but I moved here from Minnesota to the Florida Keys, so I totally understand the adjustment. My first summer here I got a heat rash and my first winter I wore t-shirts and shorts to school while the other kids bundled up! It only took me about 2 years to get completely adjusted to the weather.

I love living in Florida although Christmas never seemed the same without snow until I learned to celebrate the tropical way! We have boat parades every year and we drive around looking at the houses that have palm trees wrapped in lights or Santa's sled being pulled by dolphins! There's even a song we sing at church called "Walking In A Florida Wonderland" that cracks me up because of the lyrics. :)

Enjoy living in Florida! I love it!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

Thanks for that recipe. I'll totally try it. Ya Boynton is fun....its starting to get a little crowded though i find. 10 years ago when i was living there it was not as bad as now...and they just keep building....LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.