Alexis%Ahmad

WTF AMMAN INTERVIW!!!!ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:angry::angry::angry::wacko::wacko: OK so my Habibi had his interview and it was fairly simple from his point of view..however the

witch of a consular told my SO that he needs a police certificate from Egypt and more proof of our relationship..........OMG

proof...sho proof???? she said that since we lived together in Egypt for a year that i could make copies of my passport pages showing my entries egypt and when i left... and affidavits from family and friends...Its almost as if they couldnt find anything wrong so they called us on little bs... Im just super angry im not sad because what they are asking for seems to be easy to get i think....they only thing is Habibi went

and was told it would take 20 days for certificate to be finished..great. more waiting..i just thought everything was finished we had no problems with NVC at all im just like wow i cant belive this......my SO said that the consular said once he got what she wanted to aramex everything.

its like ok and then what??????????? any advice or suggestions...comments..would greatly be appreciated!

oh I'm so sorry, I know it was so hard to hear this... and have to wait a bit longer. So yes, sounds like a little more wait and document collection and then you aramex the things to the embassy and you can call them or email them to make sure they received the papers but since it's aramex, it will get signed for so you'll have proof of receipt. I know a lady this happened to, they wanted updated financial papers and after they sent them in they requested his passport and granted him the visa.

Overall though, the police report is important, and it's detailed that one must be obtained for everywhere the beneficiary has lived for more than 6 months.

The CO at my husbands interview was all about asking him the dates of my visits (and I even included the photocopies of my passports entry/exit stamps, boarding passes, hotel receipts and joint flat rental receipts in his IV application to NVC or in our original i130), and all about looking at the multitude of pictures and asking where they were taking and who all was in them. I also had affadavits from his and my family included in the original i130 application.

And also, make sure his passport has more than 6 months before expiry, as we were so lucky that I saw hubby's on my last trip and noticed he will have just 5 months so I made him update it, and sure enough the CO said 'congrats you have been approved give us your passport' he took it and looked and said 'hey your passport expires after just 5 months, I'm sorry but you'll have to update it' and my hubby said no no I updated it and it's on another page here, see! Whew... sorry if that was a lot to read.

So I believe that if they have an open door to question they WILL do it. And stay positive, it seems that you will get the visa after these last few papers are received.

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry that the interview didnt have the immediate outcome that we all want.

But, at least they just want more evidence and its not a denial or AP.

Did she want more evidence of a bonofide relationship along with the egypt proof?

While you are waiting for the police cert from Egypt, you can gather the affidavits and passort copies that she requested.

It sounds like just a small delay, no big deal... just get them what they need.

Good Luck

:star:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry to hear. Hopefully this won't cause too long of a delay.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Well thank you everyone for the support im calm now...and i do see that its easy and small what their asking for...and i did ask NVC before about certificate for Egypt and i was told it was'nt needed...although i feel like its joke...i know what we have to so I've alreday began! and Inshallah everything will be great!

but Thank You for the support everyone!

Timeline
Well thank you everyone for the support im calm now...and i do see that its easy and small what their asking for...and i did ask NVC before about certificate for Egypt and i was told it was'nt needed...although i feel like its joke...i know what we have to so I've alreday began! and Inshallah everything will be great!

but Thank You for the support everyone!

:)

Keep us posted

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please be prepaired that even after you submit this information, you might still be put in Admin Processing. This is common in your country. The fact that you said they are trying to find anything wrong to call you on this, but the truth is they coudl put you in AP if they wanted to make you wait an infinate amount of time.

The fact that they are just requesting some items, seems at the moment better then AP. Unfortunetly, it still does not mean you will go into AP.

Seems that you lived together is Egypt is great supporting evidence to a bonifide relationship.

:angry::angry::angry::wacko::wacko: OK so my Habibi had his interview and it was fairly simple from his point of view..however the

witch of a consular told my SO that he needs a police certificate from Egypt and more proof of our relationship..........OMG

proof...sho proof???? she said that since we lived together in Egypt for a year that i could make copies of my passport pages showing my entries egypt and when i left... and affidavits from family and friends...Its almost as if they couldnt find anything wrong so they called us on little bs... Im just super angry im not sad because what they are asking for seems to be easy to get i think....they only thing is Habibi went

and was told it would take 20 days for certificate to be finished..great. more waiting..i just thought everything was finished we had no problems with NVC at all im just like wow i cant belive this......my SO said that the consular said once he got what she wanted to aramex everything.

its like ok and then what??????????? any advice or suggestions...comments..would greatly be appreciated!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

ok so how does this sound for proof........... when we lived in egypt and i was leaving i had to pay like a fine for staying so long ..i have the document and reciept..i had a residency once before it expired after 6 months i think..i aslo have my oneway ticket..and i had to go the hospital after i had been living there for 5 months i still have the papers from the hospital including o/p receipt and i also have lab papers from the hospital when i lab work done....i forgot about all these things but luckily habibi remembers everything....one of the things i love about him!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please dont think I am being rude because its not my intention, I just want to point out something so that others in the future can make sure to pay attention. It is a requirement clearly stated on the instructions for filing that a police certificate is required for every country of residence for more than 6 months. I cant imagine why anyone at NVC would have told you it wasnt necessary but they've been known occasionally to give out incorrect info - so in any case, it should have been included and I am not surprised at all that they asked for it.

as for the living together in egypt, did you include any proof of that when you initially submitted your petition?

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

I am surprised that they didnt tell you BEFORE hand that you needed the police cert...that is a very COMMON document to have with you

for the interview.

As far as additional evidence, just give them what they want. Unfortunately you really need to think of everything from A-Z when it comes to documents and proof. I know you will be successful! It is just a matter of waiting it out. It can be so frustrating, just when you think you are finished it seems you still have a long way to go. :blink:

Hang in there, your day will come :yes:

Timeline
Please dont think I am being rude because its not my intention, I just want to point out something so that others in the future can make sure to pay attention. It is a requirement clearly stated on the instructions for filing that a police certificate is required for every country of residence for more than 6 months. I cant imagine why anyone at NVC would have told you it wasnt necessary but they've been known occasionally to give out incorrect info - so in any case, it should have been included and I am not surprised at all that they asked for it.

as for the living together in egypt, did you include any proof of that when you initially submitted your petition?

Trying......yes im aware of the instructions but SO has also lived in Libya and for more than a year and they DID NOT want or require

the police certificate!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Trying......yes im aware of the instructions but SO has also lived in Libya and for more than a year and they DID NOT want or require

the police certificate!

Libya doesnt issue police certs, its on the state dept list of countries that do not issue them and are therefore not required.

I am sorry as I know you are super disappointed, all of us here know how much is riding on these interviews and how much the outcome affects our lives. I know its not the news you wanted but as others have pointed out, it sounds like you just need to get them the info they want.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
ok so how does this sound for proof........... when we lived in egypt and i was leaving i had to pay like a fine for staying so long ..i have the document and reciept..i had a residency once before it expired after 6 months i think..i aslo have my oneway ticket..and i had to go the hospital after i had been living there for 5 months i still have the papers from the hospital including o/p receipt and i also have lab papers from the hospital when i lab work done....i forgot about all these things but luckily habibi remembers everything....one of the things i love about him!

Looks great to support that you were there but, I think they want proof that you were TOGETHER in Egpyt. Thats how I understood it from your original post. Maybe I am wrong but I would think that they just want to verify that you were in Egpyt with him.

Do you have any evidence that you guys were living together there?

Thanks!

Timeline

Looks great to support that you were there but, I think they want proof that you were TOGETHER in Egpyt. Thats how I understood it from your original post. Maybe I am wrong but I would think that they just want to verify that you were in Egpyt with him.

Do you have any evidence that you guys were living together there?

...well darn not really.... pictures that they have already...as far as the apartment, he rented it before i came and for some odd reason where we were living the lease aggreement (completely different from what is pretty common in the states) he was only allowed to sign his name...

the my hospital docs have his signature!.. but per my calm post..im not freaking out like i was compared to original post..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.