ranjen0703

Medical and USEM interview TIPS

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all VJ members!!

I'm so happy that I already have the visa in my hand and I'm so grateful to this website and to all VJ members and bloggers who have helped me in making my visa journey fairly smooth sailing. Hopefully this thread will come in handy to those applicants who have yet to go through the medical and interview. I wont be giving you the details of my experience since you will definitely get help and instructions from the staffs. In addition to that, SLEC will give you a flowchart of the entire process. I'll just post here the infos u need to know to make the process smooth and convenient for you.

Medical exam at St Luke's:

1. Bear in mind that St Luke's Extension Clinic is not located at the same place as the hospital. I met a few friends while doing the medical and one told me that the taxi cab brought her to the St Luke's hospital instead. If you're not staying at a hotel close to the clinic (bec maybe u'r staying at a kin's house), then better if u bring a printout of the map and show it to the taxi driver; or u can just tell him the exact address.

2. Bring the ff: Passport, (3) 2x2 pics (don't glue/paste them on the form yet, SLEC staff will do it for u); black ballpen (not sign pen); original & photocopy of your Embassy letter or Appointment confirmation letter; MEdical Fee in peso (they don't accept dollars but they do honor credit cards).

3. Don't immerse yourself in deep conversation with friends bec u might miss ur name when called. I'm sure you want to get done as soon as possible.

4. The last step on the first day is the physical checkup (where u have to disrobe). The waiting time before u get ur turn is about 1-3 hours depending on the number of people. During this step,I suggest u eat ur lunch across the clinic so u wont faint of hunger. It is not allowed to eat inside the clinic. After this, you will be advised to proceed to the checkout counter.

5. On the 2nd day, don't forget to bring your passport and the payment receipt and 2 copies of 2x2 pics. Approach the guard and tell him that it is already ur 2nd day and u were advised to come back at that specific time.

6. You will have get your immunization shots. Afterwhich, u will be advised to get ur medical result.

7. As for me, it was SLEC that forwarded my passport, the CD and the rest of the medical result to USEM. I was told it was forwarded the next day.

7. Good news for everyone. On our trip to the US, we wont have to carry with us that BIG x ray film since SLEC put the copy on a CD! ISn't that great?!

NOTE: For those with problems with the X-ray, there will be a third day for u since u will have to collect sputum sample and a turbiculen test will be conducted.

USEM interview:

The process was really fast. I was done in a matter of 2 hours!!

1. Don't ever bring any electronic devices for u wont be allowed to get inside USEM. They don't have a courtesy booth where u can leave things. I talked to some applicants there and they thought that there was one. Well, they were wrong and it caused delays for them.

2. Make sure that U have paid the Visa app fee and that ur DS 156 or DS 157 is BDO machine validated.

3. Make sure that the 2x2 pics have a white background and that your 2 ears are showing. Well, u can still have your id taken outside USEM but u have to pay 190php which is outrageously expensive!!!

4. Don't forget to bring a valid ID

5. Make sure you have all the forms needed.

6. Once inside, u will be given a priority number. Always pay attention to the queue board so u wont miss your number and the window number you are supposed to go to. If u have to go to the restroom, make it quick. Btw, for finger scanning, ur name will be called instead.

7. If u noticed that there are incorrect infos on ur forms, u have to inform the consular officer. In my case my birthyear was incorrectly entered on the I-129 F app form, so the consular officer updated their database with my correct birthyear.

8. You can eat snacks inside USEM. IN fact, foods are sold there.

IMPORTANT: The things I entered here are just what I have observed and were part of my experiences. It may have a slight difference for u. And these maybe applicable to K1 app only. Better if u read some articles on the USEM website.

I really hope these infos will be of help to somebody in anyway.

Oct 06, 2008 - he flew to Cebu to meet me, finally! HAPPY!!

Oct 13, 2008 - he proposed and I said YES of course!

Oct 20, 2008 - the saddest time of our lives, he went back home

Nov17, 2008 - K1 App mailed to USCIS

Nov19, 2008 - K1 App received by USCIS

Nov22, 2008 - Payment Cashed

Nov24, 2008 - Received NOA1

Feb19, 2009 - email notitification of NOA2

Feb23, 2009 - received hardcopy of NOA2

Mar03, 2009 - K1 App Left NVC; got MNL case #

Mar17, 2009 - Got a USEM interview date!HURRAY!!!

Apr13, 2009 - Medical @St Luke's -PASSED!!

Apr20,2009 - USEM interview -GOT A PINK SLIP, APPROVED!!!

Apr23, 2009 - Air21 delivered my VISA -THANKS GOD!!

Jun19, 2009 - my flight to Ca, US!! POE -SF

Aug08,2009 - Wedding at Tahoe Lake

Aug21,2009 - Applied for SSN

Sept03,2009 - Received SSN Card, yey!

--------AOS----------

Sept13,2009 - Filed AOS and EAD App

Sept21,2009 - NOA1

Sept23,2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

Oct14, 2009 - Biometrics Taken

Oct29,2009 - Received EAD card, wohoooo!

Nov02,2009 - Interview Notice received

Dec08,2009 - Interviewed by the USCIS officer --Approved!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Ranjen,

I would like to commend you on giving tips on medical and visa interivew as those tips are very helpful. But there one thing i have noticed.

Correct me if I am wrong. As far as I can remember, you can not bring foods inside the USEM premisses specially liquids. I know that they sell foods inside the USEM but as far as I can remember, you can not bring your own food. I am just afraid that people might think that they can bring their own food. :)

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Ranjen,

I would like to commend you on giving tips on medical and visa interivew as those tips are very helpful. But there one thing i have noticed.

Correct me if I am wrong. As far as I can remember, you can not bring foods inside the USEM premisses specially liquids. I know that they sell foods inside the USEM but as far as I can remember, you can not bring your own food. I am just afraid that people might think that they can bring their own food. :)

I was able to bring my own snacks inside and a bottled water too. Perhaps, people should just bring food that wont make a big mess inside. In my case I brought some brownies with me and as mentioned above, a bottled water. That was why I put at the end of my entry that my experience might vary from others. Thanks for that comment pink!

when ru leaving for US?

Oct 06, 2008 - he flew to Cebu to meet me, finally! HAPPY!!

Oct 13, 2008 - he proposed and I said YES of course!

Oct 20, 2008 - the saddest time of our lives, he went back home

Nov17, 2008 - K1 App mailed to USCIS

Nov19, 2008 - K1 App received by USCIS

Nov22, 2008 - Payment Cashed

Nov24, 2008 - Received NOA1

Feb19, 2009 - email notitification of NOA2

Feb23, 2009 - received hardcopy of NOA2

Mar03, 2009 - K1 App Left NVC; got MNL case #

Mar17, 2009 - Got a USEM interview date!HURRAY!!!

Apr13, 2009 - Medical @St Luke's -PASSED!!

Apr20,2009 - USEM interview -GOT A PINK SLIP, APPROVED!!!

Apr23, 2009 - Air21 delivered my VISA -THANKS GOD!!

Jun19, 2009 - my flight to Ca, US!! POE -SF

Aug08,2009 - Wedding at Tahoe Lake

Aug21,2009 - Applied for SSN

Sept03,2009 - Received SSN Card, yey!

--------AOS----------

Sept13,2009 - Filed AOS and EAD App

Sept21,2009 - NOA1

Sept23,2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

Oct14, 2009 - Biometrics Taken

Oct29,2009 - Received EAD card, wohoooo!

Nov02,2009 - Interview Notice received

Dec08,2009 - Interviewed by the USCIS officer --Approved!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Ranjen,

I was able to bring my own snacks inside and a bottled water too. Perhaps, people should just bring food that wont make a big mess inside. In my case I brought some brownies with me and as mentioned above, a bottled water. That was why I put at the end of my entry that my experience might vary from others. Thanks for that comment pink!

when ru leaving for US?

I am already here in the US :) When we were about to go inside the USEM, the guard didn't allow my hubby's bottled water so he just drink it outside so he can get in. I guess you are lucky to get in with foods and drinks in your bag. I am not sure if they changed their rules already in terms of bringing foods specially drinks but I am glad that you were able to bring your foods :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi jen!!

thanks for the tips.

those will be very helpful to us who will undergo the same process.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.