MapleLeafBaby

POE...What is needed?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks guys...this is great feedback!

So I'm just sitting here.....HOLDING MY VISA!!!!! it came today!!!!

So excited!!!!!

I am not gonna let this out of my site for the next 5 weeks!!!!

The moving co I hired, actually mentioned the process to me about me crossing first then facing them the I94 as the driver will need it.

Here's to hoping the car import thing goes ok.....I'll keep you all posted!!!! :)

Everything always works out... you know how it is, you were super worried for the interview, it went great.... I swear the night before my POE I was a wreck, so nervous and scared, I don't know why I just pictured them taking everything out of the Uhaul or denying me for some reason.... I was actually shaking when I handed my passport in, of course it all worked out, it always does! I was a big ball of nerves, you'll be the same probably until you've crossed and everything goes well! I'll have my fingers crossed you get the same flirty guard I did!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Knowing my luck, I'll get the miserable jilted woman who's husband just left her for a Canadian gal....HAHA!!!! fireballs will be shooting out of her eyes! Lol'!

I haven't had much luck in recent years with 'flirty officials'...God only knows it didn't work when I got pulled over in NY State for doing 14 Miles over :( in total it cost me $300 and batting an eyelash only made me look like I had a twitch! Hahaha!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Timeline
Knowing my luck, I'll get the miserable jilted woman who's husband just left her for a Canadian gal....HAHA!!!! fireballs will be shooting out of her eyes! Lol'!

I haven't had much luck in recent years with 'flirty officials'...God only knows it didn't work when I got pulled over in NY State for doing 14 Miles over :( in total it cost me $300 and batting an eyelash only made me look like I had a twitch! Hahaha!

Wow. You must have been in a construction zone.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Now, I've gotta go find that thread on getting the letter from Toyota of Canada...

LOL Sheesh, the things we women do for our men! My fiance' even joked that had it not been for him getting married to a teacher, he doesn't think his files would have even been remotely organized for the interview.

I think it's 'cuz I read what you all shared and listened!!! If I could just convince him to come on VJ himself and do it for himself..... oh, wait. He11 would have to freeze over first! LOL

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Wow. You must have been in a construction zone.

No it wasn't....they work weird there. It was called 'Tyre County' no set fines...they have a court hearing, you don't need to show and judge decides on fine?! Never heard that in my life! The fine was only a hundred and some odd dollars.... But I rec'd their notices so late and had to do some crazy over night courier of the funds so they wouldn't suspend my license???? What type of Dukes of Hazzard County is this place???? Haha!

So all in all, I calculate all my costs when I say $300...plus I rounded up...it's the Greek in me....we like to dramatize our hardships!!!! Haha!!!!!

The courier alone was $50!!!!!

Ok, I'm done now.... ;)

N-400 Citizenship

Haha. Hazard County is right. They have no authority to suspend your license, though. It was probably a standard letter. I remember getting a ticket in PA, once, and I sent the payment in CDN dollars. I figured they'd let me know if they didn't like it. After all.... it didn't specifically state that I had to do a conversion. :innocent: They cashed it.

iagree.gif

Timeline

To be completely honest here, I'm always a little friendly with the border guys going into the US :blush: Its not always flirting, its usually just playing really innocent and smiling a lot... I've snaked out of a couple situations using this method. Once, I was driving over by myself with a bunch of stuff in my car going to Cedar Point in Ohio by myself! The guy was like, you're going to Cedar Point by yourself? I was like "no sir, I'm meeting people there" **bats eyelashes** and he gave me an odd suspicious look and said... "Ok... have fun..." On another occasion, I got my brother into the US with no ID other than his DL. I said he didn't know of the requirements, and that I promised he was born in Canada. The guy said, "buddy, you are really lucky, your sister just saved your a$$" So really, they are just human! Pop, we all know you're a knockout... USE IT! :lol:

On a more serious note, how specific should one be when compiling a list of goods your importing at the POE? Is it enough to just say, "one box of childhood toys, 2 boxes of books, 2 boxes of shoes" etc. Or should I specifically write out each item? Please say no!! lol

On a more serious note, how specific should one be when compiling a list of goods your importing at the POE? Is it enough to just say, "one box of childhood toys, 2 boxes of books, 2 boxes of shoes" etc. Or should I specifically write out each item? Please say no!! lol

I didn't have a list for the border and they didn't ask. For the movers I was told that all that was required was to mark the boxes with general comments such as "Books", "Kitchen Equipment", "Clothes", etc. Specifics were not necessary.

iagree.gif

Timeline
To be completely honest here, I'm always a little friendly with the border guys going into the US :blush: Its not always flirting, its usually just playing really innocent and smiling a lot... I've snaked out of a couple situations using this method. Once, I was driving over by myself with a bunch of stuff in my car going to Cedar Point in Ohio by myself! The guy was like, you're going to Cedar Point by yourself? I was like "no sir, I'm meeting people there" **bats eyelashes** and he gave me an odd suspicious look and said... "Ok... have fun..." On another occasion, I got my brother into the US with no ID other than his DL. I said he didn't know of the requirements, and that I promised he was born in Canada. The guy said, "buddy, you are really lucky, your sister just saved your a$$" So really, they are just human! Pop, we all know you're a knockout... USE IT! :lol:

Again, I had a really detailed list (20 pages LOL!) and they didn't ask, it went like this: (I used those plastic bins with snap on lid)

BIN # 1:

Books

BIN # 2:

Kettle, dishes, cutlery, blender, george forman grill

Yes I was that specific! When packing I just had my list open on the computer and would update it. But I don't think it needs to be THAT detailed at all!

But you know how it goes, you have it they don't ask, you don't have it they're gonna ask!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Again, I had a really detailed list (20 pages LOL!) and they didn't ask, it went like this: (I used those plastic bins with snap on lid)

BIN # 1:

Books

BIN # 2:

Kettle, dishes, cutlery, blender, george forman grill

Yes I was that specific! When packing I just had my list open on the computer and would update it. But I don't think it needs to be THAT detailed at all!

But you know how it goes, you have it they don't ask, you don't have it they're gonna ask!

Well, while your list is completely not useful for POE - i'm sure it's really useful when looking for a particular item after moving!

Edited by trailmix

They must see it all!

I'm packing 'A' series for 'items to follow' so 'A-1' I have an inventory list and I'm listing 'womens clothing' or 'dvd player, DVDs' also I am listing 'B' series as items that will be stored in our cars...

We just decided today that when we go to the shore to get married, we will stay two days on the beach and then head to NYC for two days...we are both very active...love to walk around, people watch sit at cafes and jog in central park...so excited!!!!!! I've never been to NYC outside of work, auditions etc.... I'm excited!!!! It's only 2 hour drive to our friends house in Lewiston...we can stay with him :)

Is it June yet????!?! :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow... if you're outta the forum for a day or so you can fall seriously behind! I just noticed (perhaps remembered??) that this thread existed... just asked for one in another thread. Yikes... I have GOT to get my head together again! Since the interview, I've basically let my guard down. Guess I can't! I've gotta get everything going again for his move/POE and AOS. Oh yeah, and wedding planning. What was I thinking.... guess I wasn't.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.