July09Bride

Don't wanna leave the Canada Forum for AoS...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I KNOW we're supposed to go to the AoS forum for questions, but do we really have tooooo????? :whistle:

I'm afraid that answers in there won't be as clear or the people not as nice or someone will give me bad information... everything here is safe and wonderful!!!!! :thumbs:

My fiance was asking a couple of questions about what we need to do for his AoS and I ventured in there to get some answers for him... that put me almost on brain overload. :wacko:

Guess I'll just have to pick another time wander in there when I've got more time and not quite so sheepish about going out into another area. :blush:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

I fully intend on asking all of my Canadian forum friends my ridiculous AOS questions when the time comes. I've been looking into the process a little here and there, but I'm trying to restrain myself until after I have the interview done and over with. I don't want immigration information overload! Overall, the process looks fairly simple. The only annoying thing is that medical form I-693 you need to get a civil surgeon to fill out...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I fully intend on asking all of my Canadian forum friends my ridiculous AOS questions when the time comes. I've been looking into the process a little here and there, but I'm trying to restrain myself until after I have the interview done and over with. I don't want immigration information overload! Overall, the process looks fairly simple. The only annoying thing is that medical form I-693 you need to get a civil surgeon to fill out...

Well, I was fine with NOT doing anything until he asked a couple of random questions and I didn't know the answers! Something about more "proof" and forms and what all is needed this time around. OMG, I could've knocked him in the head. I JUST got back to "normal" and stopped worrying about paperwork and he has to go off and ask questions. *sigh* Oh, well!

Trust me, I fully plan on asking for opinions in the Canadian forum too... :whistle:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

You can ask questions wherever you want. The question is, will your thread be moved.... :lol: Ask your technical questions over there, then rush right back to join in the posts here! Actually if you're good at "research" here on VJ, you might only have one or two questions at most on the AOS process.

carlahmsb4.gif

If you gratuitously put the word "Canada" in the title enough times, sometimes that keeps a thread in here.

Also, I found with both AOS and the K1, looking at the process for the first time it always seemed daunting, but it really doesn't take that much time reading the guides and other people's threads before it starts to seem much more manageable. It was a little frustrating to feel like we were newbies all over again when we shifted into AOS.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You can ask questions wherever you want. The question is, will your thread be moved.... :lol: Ask your technical questions over there, then rush right back to join in the posts here! Actually if you're good at "research" here on VJ, you might only have one or two questions at most on the AOS process.

WHAT, do research, like utilize the search feature! thats just crazy,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

WHAT, do research, like utilize the search feature! thats just crazy,lol

:lol: Yeah, too funny! We are too polite here in the Canada Forum sometimes.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol Yeah I'm doing the same thing hugglebuggles. My petition hasn't even made it Canada and I'm like well since K1 is done all I'm waiting for is my police report to show and oh I don't know a packet 3 to fax back I'll start researching. I bought a new pretty (pink this time) file folder. Created a to do list for myself and wrote up a little fact sheet. BUT then I got nervous because what happens if I get denied...I would have done all this for nothing until we get approved. And yes, I know the odds of actually being denied are slim but its still a fear.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

I didn't do the medical form the civil surgeon needs to fill out and got approved without an RFE.... I did attach a letter to my vaccination worksheet stating that all of my vaccines were up to date, etc. I could show you a copy if you want when it's your time.

And regarding AOS questions: I never posted in the AOS forum either :lol: whenever I had q's I posted in the good ol Canada forum where I knew I'd get trusty answers from my peeps! You'll be all good here!

I know what you mean about overload, I refused to even read about AOS until I got here.... my brain could only handle so much at a time! So once I got here, married, took a deep breath and began researching!

Well, I was fine with NOT doing anything until he asked a couple of random questions and I didn't know the answers! Something about more "proof" and forms and what all is needed this time around. OMG, I could've knocked him in the head. I JUST got back to "normal" and stopped worrying about paperwork and he has to go off and ask questions. *sigh* Oh, well!

Trust me, I fully plan on asking for opinions in the Canadian forum too... :whistle:

You don't need more "proof" for AOS, that is when you send in the package! All you need is the marriage cert. If you get called for an interview, yes you need proof to bring to the interview of course.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I didn't do the medical form the civil surgeon needs to fill out and got approved without an RFE.... I did attach a letter to my vaccination worksheet stating that all of my vaccines were up to date, etc. I could show you a copy if you want when it's your time.

And regarding AOS questions: I never posted in the AOS forum either :lol: whenever I had q's I posted in the good ol Canada forum where I knew I'd get trusty answers from my peeps! You'll be all good here!

I know what you mean about overload, I refused to even read about AOS until I got here.... my brain could only handle so much at a time! So once I got here, married, took a deep breath and began researching!

I heard that a lot of people have got away with not sending in an I-693 but my vaccinations aren't up to date. When I had the medical done I only had 1 of the 3 Gardisil shots done, so I'm thinking that just sending in the old vaccination worksheet really wouldn't cut it. I have since received the second shot, and I'm planning on getting the 3rd in July, so I will be able to prove I had them done. I wonder if sending in my old worksheet with evidence I got the other 2 shots done attached to it would be fine... I don't know. I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and have it filled out after the wedding and save myself from getting an RFE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I heard that a lot of people have got away with not sending in an I-693 but my vaccinations aren't up to date. When I had the medical done I only had 1 of the 3 Gardisil shots done, so I'm thinking that just sending in the old vaccination worksheet really wouldn't cut it. I have since received the second shot, and I'm planning on getting the 3rd in July, so I will be able to prove I had them done. I wonder if sending in my old worksheet with evidence I got the other 2 shots done attached to it would be fine... I don't know. I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and have it filled out after the wedding and save myself from getting an RFE!

I'm in the same position Huggles - I only have 2 of the 3 Gardisil shots listed on my worksheet from Dr. Seiden's but I'm getting the 3rd in May before I move... so it would be missing 1. I'm going to get a letter from my Dr. and then send it all to Dr. Arnold to process for me. It's not that expensive and worth the small expense to avoid an RFE... because I think we would get an RFE as it's technically an imcomplete series.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.