paulasue

anyone married by proxy

42 posts in this topic

I think the big question is did you visit him ( and do the wild thing ) after your proxy marriage. USCIS does not recognise unconsumated proxy marriages.

lol Sylvia. How can they do the wild thing? It is marriage by proxy..at least not right after ( 6 hrs or less) the proxy marriage. I had that proxy marriages are now been done on the internet-using skype or yahoo messenger with a webcam. It is a very interesting concept

Our marriage was perfomed by a Judge here in Houston. All legal with Texas and the USA. We are 1000% legally married.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to the OP who was asking about proxy marriages and a visa. But I am glad you are being as wild as you can

Wild???? Im anything but wild. The only thing Im wild about is my husband. Who I adore, cherish, and love with all my heart.

Not only that: It appears you like him very much! :D

You think??????? :wacko: I would trade my life for him and he would do the same. He is no stranger I married on weekend in Paris, we have been together since Nov. 2006. We are hardly strangers. Anyone who remembers me when we first filed last year and withdrew our petitions, know the hell story of us, but they also know we stuck it all out, and got re-married agin in Feb. 2009.

We stayed together and got thru the hard time , believe me no 2 strangers would stick it out like we did.

Truly happy!!!

wow!!! marriage by proxy is not allowed in the Philippines. I didn't know it was allowed somewhere else in this world. Hummm...

Its allowed in 4 states . But like us, we spent over $4000.00 for paperwork to marry in France, we turned it all in, and 3 days before it was going to expire, they called us and said they needed a utility bill from me translated into French, and I was already back in states, so we could not get it done in time, so paperwork expired, and money down the drain.

Again, Why go thru all this. Why not look at the K1 Visa, where he gets to come to US and marry you here, with much less stress, drama and expense you went thru. :unsure:

Time line is the important thing premartial intercourse would not count. You have to have had a post proxy coitus. As long as you two visited and can prove it after your marriage you should be ok

But it counts as practice for making a baby. And it is sometimes a fun activity that feels good. :innocent:

I never did things the easy way, actually long story behind why we did not, and Im sick of telling that story. But yes maybe it would of been easier, if the cirmstances were different for us.

Truly happy!!!

wow!!! marriage by proxy is not allowed in the Philippines. I didn't know it was allowed somewhere else in this world. Hummm...

Its allowed in 4 states . But like us, we spent over $4000.00 for paperwork to marry in France, we turned it all in, and 3 days before it was going to expire, they called us and said they needed a utility bill from me translated into French, and I was already back in states, so we could not get it done in time, so paperwork expired, and money down the drain.

Again, Why go thru all this. Why not look at the K1 Visa, where he gets to come to US and marry you here, with much less stress, drama and expense you went thru. :unsure:

Time line is the important thing premartial intercourse would not count. You have to have had a post proxy coitus. As long as you two visited and can prove it after your marriage you should be ok

But it counts as practice for making a baby. And it is sometimes a fun activity that feels good. :innocent:

I never did things the easy way, actually long story behind why we did not, and Im sick of telling that story. But yes maybe it would of been easier, if the cirmstances were different for us.

Good night Proxy marrige fans, its time to put this thread and myself to bed. Wishig you all a quick journey and be with your loved ones so soon, Best wishes. We are so lucky to find the Loves of our Life. Night Night!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow, I definitely learned something new tonight, thank you :yes:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I have tried some thing like that but it did not work , my Question is : " Do you have a marriage act" ? without a marriage act Issued by the authority where the marriage took place you cant file I-130

I have my marriage license, and tons of affidavits. The only thing the gov reqires on proxy marriage is that the marriage be consumated to file the I-130

Paula Bakhouche

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
yes I have all the pics and airpalne tickets etc.... It was too much hassle getting married there.traveled with my husbands best friend's girlfriend,they got married in Tunis and spent the whole visit getting papers translated and such.

Why didnt you just do a K1 Visa, where he comes to you and marries you in the US? :blink:

itzallbad,

i have to say that I agree with you.

or why she didn't travel here, in france and got simply married. i guess that maybe if he is algerian not french, he couldn't get married in france wihtout any complications...especially now, Since sarkozy things abtou immigration have become a bit more difficult.

and maybe getting married in algeria was also quite impossible. Algeria meets internal problems with their fanatism.

but once more...when you see that the k1 visa takes 6 months, and then he can comes and get married and everyhting, i don't udnerstand why getting married at all cost and then going trhough things even more painful and as long.

sometimes I don't get ppl.

anyway we all in the same boat....you are seeking for a pinay girl, i am waiting with my fiancé the packet 3 and ends the visa journey asap and as successful as possible, they are waiting for their stuff.

so let's hope things are going to be sorted as they should.

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

oh, oh..... :unsure:

*wonders*

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

oh, oh..... :unsure:

*wonders*

No nothing like that..

Truly happy!!!

• 1 year later...

I am having a hard time finding out what county in Texas I can get married by proxy to my fiance in. Has anyone on here gotten married by proxy in Texas and if so what county? I want to go to Texas to do it because its close for me to drive to from Oklahoma.

<!--quoteo(post=2858260:date=Apr 20 2009, 10:04 PM:name=hk68)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hk68 @ Apr 20 2009, 10:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2858260"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have tried some thing like that but it did not work , my Question is : " Do you have a marriage act" ? without a marriage act Issued by the authority where the marriage took place you cant file I-130<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have my marriage license, and tons of affidavits. The only thing the gov reqires on proxy marriage is that the marriage be consumated to file the I-130

I see you are located in Texas. What county did you marriage take place?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.