Kenza

Pets?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Medo and I have 4 dogs. My yorkie and a small mut,,, Medo has a german shephard that he brought here from Egypt and we just got a great dane puppy. We also have 2 cats and a bird :wacko: Are home is like a zoo. And Medo would get 100 more dogs if I let him.

Untitled.jpg

yes, and also there was a hadith that said the angels don't come into a house where there are dogs. and also they arn't allowed where one does salah.

Yep that was exactly my husband's argument in the beginning.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have a large german shepherd, Akasha and Y is not too excited about it but he already appreciates her because she is a rocking guard dog and she's my sons buddy of course. When he learned how protective she was, he started to think that she might be alright ;)

She is not allowed in the back of the house so he will have a clean/dog free place for salat.

we'll see how they get along in about 18 days heee

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I have a large german shepherd, Akasha and Y is not too excited about it but he already appreciates her because she is a rocking guard dog and she's my sons buddy of course. When he learned how protective she was, he started to think that she might be alright ;)

She is not allowed in the back of the house so he will have a clean/dog free place for salat.

They will be best buds in no time! When I got my first dog (without my dad's approval :whistle: ) My dad was sooo mad but then they became jogging buddies and my dad was the first to cry when we had to put him down. My dad stayed with him until the end while me and my mom couldn't stand to watch. My dad also burried him overlooking a lake. RIP baxter

Visit Baxter's memorial!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'll tell you about pets! My wife has 7 cats! and 4 dogs! It's not really my house (in law's house) an they were there before me so I can't really say much about it. Im not a pet person anyway, but I see a big difference when u own a cat and a Dog. When Dogs get hot, they start breathing heavily and open their mounths and the smell is just horrid, the whole frickin room stinks!! no joke... however, cats are clean, they don't smell and tidy... but one thing we made sure of, is that when theres a new born in the house, we re not keeping those pets!!

I'll tell you about pets! My wife has 7 cats! and 4 dogs! It's not really my house (in law's house) an they were there before me so I can't really say much about it. Im not a pet person anyway, but I see a big difference when u own a cat and a Dog. When Dogs get hot, they start breathing heavily and open their mounths and the smell is just horrid, the whole frickin room stinks!! no joke... however, cats are clean, they don't smell and tidy... but one thing we made sure of, is that when theres a new born in the house, we re not keeping those pets!!

You must have never owned a cat. I can't tell you how many times I've had the pleasure of hearing in the middle of the night, one of the cats coughing up a hairball and they don't care where they do it either. My dog will go to the door when he is going to get sick. I have a dog a two cats and I love them so much and would never get rid of them or put them out of the house.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

we have a cat and dog. if me and hubby ever divorse i see a custody battle for the dog as he fell in love with her. he really came a long way when it came to having a dog. he let me get her for our 2nd anniversary but put conditions on her if i got one....has to stay downstairs, he wont touch her, etc. then he started feeling guilty about her being alone at night so he started sleeping on the couch with her...needless to say, she is upstairs in bed with us now....lol. she won, he lost. he just cant resist her now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Abu Squeakster and I adopted Squeaky this last December. While it took some time getting used to the american idea of the pet as part of the family, she's got him wrapped around her paws now. All she needs to do is walk up to him, look at him with big eyes and squeak out a little "meow" and he'll drop what he's doing and pick her up for a cuddle. He also has her trained that all he needs to do is snap his fingers and point at her carrier, and she'll go in. Very very helpful since we have a (false) fire alarm every few weeks and we don't have to be chasing the kitty around while we're trying to get out.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband knew that he would be sharing this tiny house with a zoo here. He never really got used to the screeching cockatoo, he's ok with the African Grey and the cats, but the dogs were not allowed to have the run of the house and had to be confined to the kitchen area. We were sad for this, but now that he is back in Egypt, they have run of the house again...for now anyway.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

i have two cats, a female 2 year old persian and a male persian/himalayan 2 year old male...Itty Bitty and Wes....I love them both to pieces! Wes is technically my sister's but she's proven herself too lazy to care for him properly, so he is technically mine for now...Itty Bitty is pregnant too and about to give birth soon, if anyone would like a free Persian kitten after 2 months, please PM me...

this pic is from my sister's old place last summer....

post-57909-1240283799_thumb.jpg

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

They will be best buds in no time! When I got my first dog (without my dad's approval :whistle: ) My dad was sooo mad but then they became jogging buddies and my dad was the first to cry when we had to put him down. My dad stayed with him until the end while me and my mom couldn't stand to watch. My dad also burried him overlooking a lake. RIP baxter

Visit Baxter's memorial!

awww what a cutey pie baxter was (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubby had a dog where he was raised and the dog just adores him when we visited last christmas the dog was soooo hyper it was so out of control......me on the other hand was never raised with animals; don't have that passion for them; I'm kind to them but no I'm not a pet person by any means. But when we buy a house insha Allah we agreed on guard dogs.

lyrics.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.