Emma Dee

Home visit during I 751 process?

7 posts in this topic

Just curious...

THANK YOU for ALL the great posts. Very informative forum.

Good luck to all!

:)

Emma

N-400

Feb. 2010: Eligible to & getting ready to file Naturalization application

Feb. 20: Sent application (Priority Mail) to TX lockbox

Feb. 22: Date of Application receipt

Mar. 26: Date of Biometrics - completed

Apr. 12: Received Interview letter (dated Apr. 6)

May 12: Date of Interview - San Francisco office

May 24: Date of Oath letter

June 17: Oath Ceremony/ Naturalization

Apr. 8 2009: Sent I 751 (Express Mail) to CSC

Apr. 9: USCIS Received package (per USPS online confirmation)

Apr. 16: Return Receipt in the Mail showing receipt date of April 13

Apr. 20: Check cleared (Deposit date Apr. 16)

Apr. 22: NOA Received (Shows receipt date of Apr. 9)

May 12: Called USCIS. No record of my receipt# (which they said is normal for I751s). Put in Service Request re. Bio Appt. They said to expect to hear from CSC within 45 days

May 15: Received Bio Appt. (YAYYYYY!!! :) Dated May 11th

May 22: Received letter responding to the phone inquiry, with copy of Bio Appt Notice attached (letter dated May 13th, mailed May 20th)

May 27: Completed Biometrics, as scheduled (in 15 minutes! They were VERY nice, too! :)

May 27: Can follow case online with the Receipt# on Bio letter

June 11: Received APPROVAL letter (WOW!!!), dated June 5th

THIS WAS FAST! :) :) :)

July 9: Email from CRIS - Card production ordered

July 13: Email from CRIS - Approval notice sent (Probably the actual Card :)

July 15: CARD IS IN MAILBOX!!! :)

Be a good thing if they did but I've never heard of such. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened tho.

Sure would make it easy for the petitioners if they did home checks everytime. Wouldn't need much paperwork!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Be a good thing if they did but I've never heard of such. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened tho.

Sure would make it easy for the petitioners if they did home checks everytime. Wouldn't need much paperwork!

Agree. If home visit would eliminate the one year VSC waiting time, USCIS please come visit now! :innocent:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

It looks like there are not enough officers even to process petitions in supposed time, having them to do home visits would make even more backlogs. If they have some questions about your marriage, they will see you in person, they will have you to visit them in their office :blush:

It looks like there are not enough officers even to process petitions in supposed time, having them to do home visits would make even more backlogs. If they have some questions about your marriage, they will see you in person, they will have you to visit them in their office :blush:

Agreed with 04-09 filler. If IO (Immigration Officer) started visiting homes instead of approving applications that would take for ever, as I have seen with Government employees

on their tours, less government work and more entertainment. So i am glad we don't have that system with USCIS otherwise it will become a worse situation for all us.

Agreed with 04-09 filler. If IO (Immigration Officer) started visiting homes instead of approving applications that would take for ever, as I have seen with Government employees

on their tours, less government work and more entertainment. So i am glad we don't have that system with USCIS otherwise it will become a worse situation for all us.

Now talking about this "home visit" topic, I do think that it's an urban myth, one that USCIS used to scare off fake marraiges. I haven't experienced any, so I don't think it's true. If USCIS is reading this and want to show me that it's not their scare tactics, please send someone to visit my home now. Think about how much it would cost if they actually do "home visit". They would need auto insurance. How many are they doing? what are the selection criterias? and how many drivers were allowed? Also they would need life insurance for all the staff that are out "visiting" because who knows where are they actually going/getting themselves into? and the people they are visiting are suppose to be "high risk fake marriage", who knows those people won't have weapons in the house?! Plus, how are they reporting their time of work? Are they on salary or are they on hourly? Think most people have to work during business hours, so if USCIS wants to visit, they're gonna have to visit when people get off work, like 6pm-10pm would be a reasonable visit time. Plus, how can USCIS be sure that the people would be sitting at home waiting, if they're not there the first time, how many times do they have to go back? If they do a "pre-announced" interview, then the people can start preparation of faking it, that's not their purpose of wanting to do "home visit", so "pre-announced" is out of the question. You see there are lots and lots of "costs" and "liabilities" involved in this "home visits" measure, that's why I don't think it's real, it's scare tactics. Two years ago when we had our interview at USCIS, the IO actually asked us if we mind they send someone out to visit us, we said not at all as long as the people that you send are not allergic to cat because we have a long white hair kitty, that ends of interview, then so far so long, didn't even see their shadow, so it makes me think even more that USCIS is just trying to scare us, the real genuine marriage.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Thank You for the responses.

It just seemed to be the only topic the forum has not touched on.

It would definitely be great to avoid having RFEs and make this whole process faster, but I know, it is HIGHLY unlikely that they could ever afford to do this.

N-400

Feb. 2010: Eligible to & getting ready to file Naturalization application

Feb. 20: Sent application (Priority Mail) to TX lockbox

Feb. 22: Date of Application receipt

Mar. 26: Date of Biometrics - completed

Apr. 12: Received Interview letter (dated Apr. 6)

May 12: Date of Interview - San Francisco office

May 24: Date of Oath letter

June 17: Oath Ceremony/ Naturalization

Apr. 8 2009: Sent I 751 (Express Mail) to CSC

Apr. 9: USCIS Received package (per USPS online confirmation)

Apr. 16: Return Receipt in the Mail showing receipt date of April 13

Apr. 20: Check cleared (Deposit date Apr. 16)

Apr. 22: NOA Received (Shows receipt date of Apr. 9)

May 12: Called USCIS. No record of my receipt# (which they said is normal for I751s). Put in Service Request re. Bio Appt. They said to expect to hear from CSC within 45 days

May 15: Received Bio Appt. (YAYYYYY!!! :) Dated May 11th

May 22: Received letter responding to the phone inquiry, with copy of Bio Appt Notice attached (letter dated May 13th, mailed May 20th)

May 27: Completed Biometrics, as scheduled (in 15 minutes! They were VERY nice, too! :)

May 27: Can follow case online with the Receipt# on Bio letter

June 11: Received APPROVAL letter (WOW!!!), dated June 5th

THIS WAS FAST! :) :) :)

July 9: Email from CRIS - Card production ordered

July 13: Email from CRIS - Approval notice sent (Probably the actual Card :)

July 15: CARD IS IN MAILBOX!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.