Ken1

Interview, Approval, K-1 Visa Received, Entry, Marriage and Birth - WOW!!!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dear Visa Journey Friends,

Well, I'm really sorry that I haven't written sooner to share our wonderful news. Things happened fast, and life took over!!! That said, here goes. :dance:

We got our approval from the US on January 14th, 2009 after 132 days, and the pressure was on. We were expecting a baby less than three months later and praying for a quick interview date. We called Senator Kennedy's office, and they were very helpful (we had tried our congressman's office and they were less effective). We explained our situation and that not only were we hoping to have the baby here in the US, but if we didn't I would incur serious economic hardship (this is true, I would have needed to take an unpaid leave of absence from my job, my fiance-at-the-time didn't have health insurance in Brazil and I did here, etc..). The people at Kennedy's office contacted the Consulate in Brazil where the people are very nice and much more understanding than the USCIS here in the US. They got us into an earlier interview date, which was a month and 4 days before our due date - if all went well, we might make it just in time!

I went to our interview in Rio (I was taking no chances), as did my fiance-at-the-time's daughter. We had gone over all our papers with a fine toothed comb and it's a good thing - they make it confusing (we felt very bad for the couple that didn't realize that you had to pay at Citibank beforehand and got sent away). Our interview took about 10 minutes, we were all present, the Consul asked us about how we met, etc., complimented me on my good Portuguese :no: and told us congratulations. Our interview was on a Tuesday and, going against all recommendations, I had three plane tickets lined up for the following Monday evening. We paid the express service for them to deliver our passports with visas as quick as possible, and they arrived Monday afternoon hours before our flight!!!

We had a long, but very happy, 8 month pregnant plane trip from Rio to Boston (contrary to many people's misconceptions, there really isn't much problem traveling while pregnant, but you do need a doctor's note for most airlines after 36 weeks, sometimes earlier - we had that). We also had a notarized letter from my step-daughter's father, giving his authorization for his daughter to travel out of Brazil (without this they wouldn't have let her leave the country).

Our port of entry was Washington D.C. and it was a pretty nice and fast experience, though we just barely made our connecting flight! We did see a woman getting a hard time because she had left the country an excessive amount of times during her last four years in the US - when you are approved to live here make sure you still follow the rules!

We got married the day we got to the US!!!! It was a simple, beautiful service at our local town hall. We got my wife and her daughter on my health insurance plan and 9 days later our baby arrived 2 and a half weeks early!!!!

Wow! What a trip!!!

We are all very happy and healthy with our beautiful, baby girl born March 19th, 2009.

I will still and will always maintain that some parts of this visa process are fair and some are very unfair - mainly separating families with children and pregnancies. I believe, and will always believe that this should be grounds for an expedite! That is putting humanity before business (unlike the way USCIS currently is in which you can pay to have a business visa expedited but not a family visa!) After all, getting an expedite doesn't mean you are given any more guarantee on passing your interview, you still have to prove you have a bonafide relationship.

Well folks, I'll keep updating from time to time, and my heart and thoughts are with all you good people on Visa Journey!!!

11410.gif

Congrats!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! Enjoy a long and happy life together

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Dear Visa Journey Friends,

Well, I'm really sorry that I haven't written sooner to share our wonderful news. Things happened fast, and life took over!!! That said, here goes. :dance:

We got our approval from the US on January 14th, 2009 after 132 days, and the pressure was on. We were expecting a baby less than three months later and praying for a quick interview date. We called Senator Kennedy's office, and they were very helpful (we had tried our congressman's office and they were less effective). We explained our situation and that not only were we hoping to have the baby here in the US, but if we didn't I would incur serious economic hardship (this is true, I would have needed to take an unpaid leave of absence from my job, my fiance-at-the-time didn't have health insurance in Brazil and I did here, etc..). The people at Kennedy's office contacted the Consulate in Brazil where the people are very nice and much more understanding than the USCIS here in the US. They got us into an earlier interview date, which was a month and 4 days before our due date - if all went well, we might make it just in time!

I went to our interview in Rio (I was taking no chances), as did my fiance-at-the-time's daughter. We had gone over all our papers with a fine toothed comb and it's a good thing - they make it confusing (we felt very bad for the couple that didn't realize that you had to pay at Citibank beforehand and got sent away). Our interview took about 10 minutes, we were all present, the Consul asked us about how we met, etc., complimented me on my good Portuguese :no: and told us congratulations. Our interview was on a Tuesday and, going against all recommendations, I had three plane tickets lined up for the following Monday evening. We paid the express service for them to deliver our passports with visas as quick as possible, and they arrived Monday afternoon hours before our flight!!!

We had a long, but very happy, 8 month pregnant plane trip from Rio to Boston (contrary to many people's misconceptions, there really isn't much problem traveling while pregnant, but you do need a doctor's note for most airlines after 36 weeks, sometimes earlier - we had that). We also had a notarized letter from my step-daughter's father, giving his authorization for his daughter to travel out of Brazil (without this they wouldn't have let her leave the country).

Our port of entry was Washington D.C. and it was a pretty nice and fast experience, though we just barely made our connecting flight! We did see a woman getting a hard time because she had left the country an excessive amount of times during her last four years in the US - when you are approved to live here make sure you still follow the rules!

We got married the day we got to the US!!!! It was a simple, beautiful service at our local town hall. We got my wife and her daughter on my health insurance plan and 9 days later our baby arrived 2 and a half weeks early!!!!

Wow! What a trip!!!

We are all very happy and healthy with our beautiful, baby girl born March 19th, 2009.

I will still and will always maintain that some parts of this visa process are fair and some are very unfair - mainly separating families with children and pregnancies. I believe, and will always believe that this should be grounds for an expedite! That is putting humanity before business (unlike the way USCIS currently is in which you can pay to have a business visa expedited but not a family visa!) After all, getting an expedite doesn't mean you are given any more guarantee on passing your interview, you still have to prove you have a bonafide relationship.

Well folks, I'll keep updating from time to time, and my heart and thoughts are with all you good people on Visa Journey!!!

WOW...talk about speedy interview process !!!!! 3 different plans for a trip back home....what a gamble, what are the odds ?!?!?!?!?!?! Tenha muita certeza q eu e a Nadiya desejamos muitas felicidades para voces e `a sua nova integrante de sua familia !!!!!!... :-D (qual e' o nome dela mesmo ?)

Congrats !!!!!!

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like quite an adventurous few months. Congratulations on the visa, on the marriage and on your new daughter.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

An NOA2 from USCIS : $455.00

A Visa from the consulate : Approx: $4000.00

A story like this one : Priceless

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congratulations! May you have a beautiful future together :star:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

This is very sweet story :)

Thank you for sharing this - is good way to start weekend :))

I hope you have great life together and congrats to you both for new baby !!

:star:

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Congratulations! :star:

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations!!

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

***HUBBY COMES HOME DEC 12TH OUR 9 MONTH ANNIVERSARY***

** Thank God he is home**

~God's timing is best~ it is indeed!!

Feb 18 2010....Greencard in production

Feb 26 2010....Greencard received in mail

7453977xtc.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.