smokey27

Married but filed a K1 visa

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to Everyone, this post is regarding to my Friend situation, She was married to USC (her petitioner) but the petitioner filed for a fiance (K1) visa which is suppose to be a CR-1 or K3, And now that they have Manila Case number and near to get an Interview date, what will happen to there case once the Embassy found out that She was married to petitioner but they use a K1 Visa,..Well make a story short It was there Lawyer idea that they can file for a fiance visa to come quick to America all she have to do is present all the documents that she is single , from passport and etc.. but what About the CENOMAR it will appear at the Certificate that you married right... I don't know how will I answer all her question. just need your opinion guys I know no one of us can tell what will be happen to there case but just some info will be Appreciated.. Thank you for time to read... Happy week end

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the question is - what will happen if/when the embassy discovers there was a material misrepresentation on the petition and subsequently on the visa application?

Edited by Karin und Otto

Hello to Everyone, this post is regarding to my Friend situation, She was married to USC (her petitioner) but the petitioner filed for a fiance (K1) visa which is suppose to be a CR-1 or K3, And now that they have Manila Case number and near to get an Interview date, what will happen to there case once the Embassy found out that She was married to petitioner but they use a K1 Visa,..Well make a story short It was there Lawyer idea that they can file for a fiance visa to come quick to America all she have to do is present all the documents that she is single , from passport and etc.. but what About the CENOMAR it will appear at the Certificate that you married right... I don't know how will I answer all her question. just need your opinion guys I know no one of us can tell what will be happen to there case but just some info will be Appreciated.. Thank you for time to read... Happy week end

Is this for REAL?? No lawyer is that stupid! :bonk: She'll be denied and probably banned for life. If it's true tell her to cancell out NOW and sue the lawyer!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Is this for REAL?? No lawyer is that stupid! :bonk: She'll be denied and probably banned for life. If it's true tell her to cancell out NOW and sue the lawyer!

Yes its real even my self can't believe that they filed for K1, and when I spoke to his husband he really don't understand my point and I feel like he's saying I am scaring her wife, I am just trying to help, I think this couple had no Idea about the visa processing, and I am really fell sorry for them I wish I can do something for them. I don't think I can advice them to cancel there petition, they are both excited about the Approval,..

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing like teeing one up for Gary .... :)

YMMV

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes its real even my self can't believe that they filed for K1, and when I spoke to his husband he really don't understand my point and I feel like he's saying I am scaring her wife, I am just trying to help, I think this couple had no Idea about the visa processing, and I am really fell sorry for them I wish I can do something for them. I don't think I can advice them to cancel there petition, they are both excited about the Approval,..

If the marriage is valid and was registered in the Philippines Marriage Registry, she could definitely be denied. I think they should definitely cancel her K1 application.

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

cancel it or the consequences might be MUCH higher than just having to wait for a CR1 or k3 to process.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
cancel it or the consequences might be MUCH higher than just having to wait for a CR1 or k3 to process.

agreed, this might be salvageable if she does NOT submit the DS-156, et al. visa application materials to the consulate and they withdraw the petition

YMMV

Timeline

If the marriage is valid and was registered in the Philippines Marriage Registry, she could definitely be denied. I think they should definitely cancel her K1 application.

I wish it just easy to say that Cancel there K1 Application and filed for K3 or CR-1 and to make clear about the lawyer what I understand is they ask the lawyer if they can file a K1 rather than K3 for a quick processing and the lawyer said yes, and now they can't contact the lawyer that's why they ask me what is next thing to do after they receive there Manila case number, and I said to her that she wait a letter from Embassy so she can call for an Interview, and that's where I saw on the paper she's holding that She was under fiance visa and it surprise me, I like to advice to visit this website but i didnt get a chance because he was very angry.. so I just leave but for sure my friend will be here tomorrow,.. and I can show to her what the advice given to them.

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

They can't get in touch with the lawyer they hired?! Are both of them living in the Phils? (Husband and wife, I mean).

Yes, they need to cancel the K1 and start over with a spousal visa.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

I wish it just easy to say that Cancel there K1 Application and filed for K3 or CR-1 and to make clear about the lawyer what I understand is they ask the lawyer if they can file a K1 rather than K3 for a quick processing and the lawyer said yes, and now they can't contact the lawyer that's why they ask me what is next thing to do after they receive there Manila case number, and I said to her that she wait a letter from Embassy so she can call for an Interview, and that's where I saw on the paper she's holding that She was under fiance visa and it surprise me, I like to advice to visit this website but i didnt get a chance because he was very angry.. so I just leave but for sure my friend will be here tomorrow,.. and I can show to her what the advice given to them.

Last I saw K1s are required to get a CENOMAR. If they were dumb enuf to submit one they /she'd be toasted.

Plus if they did get by the embassy they'd get nailed trying to adjust status later. I guess they could marry again in the US BUT!!!

The whole trip is a NO WIN situation. Would lose BIGTIME>

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
They can't get in touch with the lawyer they hired?! Are both of them living in the Phils? (Husband and wife, I mean).

Yes, they need to cancel the K1 and start over with a spousal visa.

NO the USC is in the US but the wife is here in Philippines, Well if they can still contact there lawyer why they ask my help what is next thing to do after had there case number, I think they hired a wrong lawyer

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

here's the thing, even a "fake-marriage" is a a no-no (what i mean about fake-marriage is when you dress up as if there's a wedding just for the sake of the family)... im not saying its against the law. but if somebody take a picture of that party and send it to the embassy, it will raise an eyebrow to them... much more a REAL wedding??? like NSO phil govt registered??? and it will actually show on the cenomar??? that's a recipe for disaster!!! seriously tell your friend that a recent cenomar is somehow important to the embassy and if she opt not to present it to hide the evidence, there's a big chance that they will ask for one, and i finding out that she's actually married then thats VISA FRAUD. i cant believe the lawyer doesnt know how visa fraud will affect the couple... banning for life is one... i wish they will file for cancellation and to think K3 isnt really that bad of a wait...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.