Dai.

Traveling after she gets her CR-1 Visa

4 posts in this topic

I tried doing a search on this forum but I could never find the answer. Maybe I am searching the wrong key word or something. Here is my situation:

Our Case was just complete at NVC yesterday and we are awaiting an interview date and I am expecting it to be in 2 months maybe more. Well after she gets her visa to come to US we will be expecting a green card shortly within 2-3 months, correct? Well, the company I work for has facilities over seas and they are expecting me to travel towards the end of the year again for 3-4 months. My question is once she gets her green card is there a restriction for the amount of time she is out of the country? Once she gets her green card can she leave US as long as she wants within the 2 year period or 10 year period until she gets her citizenship. My work is very important to me cause it's our only means of income and where ever they ask me to go I must go to support my family. They are only expecting me to go for 3-4 months a year. I would like to bring my wife where ever I go. Does anyone see any problems?

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

there is a continuous residency requirement to apply for citizenship. if your wife is planning to apply for citizenship, you should verify that she will still be eligible with the amount of time she is planning to be out of the US while she is a permanent resident.

I tried doing a search on this forum but I could never find the answer. Maybe I am searching the wrong key word or something. Here is my situation:

Our Case was just complete at NVC yesterday and we are awaiting an interview date and I am expecting it to be in 2 months maybe more. Well after she gets her visa to come to US we will be expecting a green card shortly within 2-3 months, correct? Well, the company I work for has facilities over seas and they are expecting me to travel towards the end of the year again for 3-4 months. My question is once she gets her green card is there a restriction for the amount of time she is out of the country? Once she gets her green card can she leave US as long as she wants within the 2 year period or 10 year period until she gets her citizenship. My work is very important to me cause it's our only means of income and where ever they ask me to go I must go to support my family. They are only expecting me to go for 3-4 months a year. I would like to bring my wife where ever I go. Does anyone see any problems?

VSC > NVC > Frankfurt....married since 2002

07/28/2008 I-130 received

07/31/2008 NOA 1

8/15/2008 I-129F received

03/9/2009 NOA 2: I-129 F and I-130 approved (221 days)

3/17/2009 I-129 F case number assigned at Paris Consulate

3/19/2009 IR-1 case number/AOS Bill received; DS 3032 received

3/20/09 mailed in DS 3032; 3/21/09 paid AOS bill

3/25/09 AOS bill reads PAID

3/26/09 retracted K-3 application at Paris Consulate

3/26/09 mailed I-864, e-mailed DS 3032

4/3/09 I-864 received, e-mailed DS 3032 again

4/9/09 AVR: I-864 reviewed, RFE; DS 3032 accepted by e-mail; paid IV bill

4/10/09 IV bill reads PAID; received checklist letter for I-864 RFE by e-mail; received IV Bill

4/14/09 DS 230 mailed

4/15/09 DS 3032 mail version accepted

4/21/09 I-864 checklist response mailed

4/22/09 I-864 checklist response received by NVC; NVC operator says mail arrived on 4/17/09 (should be DS230!)

4/23/09 sent DS-230 addendum to NVC by overnight mail and e-mail

4/27/09 AVR: tax transcript entered into system on 4/23

4/30/29 AVR: DS-230 entered into system 4/29

5/2/09 AVR: new RFE

5/4/09 NVC: false RFE due to DS-230; e-mail version of DS-230 J-1 info received - NVC e-mail response

5/6/09 AVR: new RFE ! (passport photos???? and canadian police certificate that is not required???)

5/7/09 NVC operator: canadian police certificate not needed, file will be pulled to look for passport photos (15 bus. days)

5/14/09 AVR: checklist letter response received on 5/13; 5/16/09 AVR: checklist letter response received on 5/15

5/19/09 login to NVC site failed!

5/20/09 CASE COMPLETE!!!!

7/20/09 Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There are restrictions, but definately not exactly what you say. She can surely leave the country however she has to reenter the US once every year. For example, if she flies out of US on June 1, 2009, she will have to reenter the US BEFORE June 1, 2010. Now, it does not matter how long she stays in the US for once she reenters. Maybe a day or 2 or a week, month, whatever she pleases. But, if she does not reenter, it means she does not need the green card and it will then be revoked. Remember, greencard is merely a residence permit to stay in US, so you have to keep it valid by showing ties to the US. It is not a citizenship or anything permanent. So you have to continue to prove links and interest to US. I hope this helps, if not, you can always call your local social security office and confirm as well. But this is what I know for certain.

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

from trusted resrources

once she have the green card she can leave and get back freely

being out of the states for more than 6 cont Month require a procedure (not one year ..but 6 months so be aware )

she can apply for citizenship when she have a total res in the states for 3 years (if she travel out tht dont count )

so 3 years whtever cont or separated ..but a total of them inside the states

Good Luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.