dasat

Still no RFE from CSC - 3 months untouched!!!

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know the whole IMBRA thing has a lot of people anxious but I filed before the IMBRA date and it took 3 months to get a real "touch" after my NOA1 so it should be coming soon....the wait is hard no matter what anyone says but once NOA2 arrives, things start moving FAST!!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's really hard now, but once things start moving, you'll forget all about this. Hang in there, and hope you get some good news soon!

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
My NOA #1 is on May 12th. Since then, i have not been touched. I am not even sure where my application went to, either to California or to Vermont.

Bharat

If you filed in Texas (based on where you live), the only place they would transfer your application is California. You should have received an email (if you are registered) and a hard copy in the mail indicating it was transferred to California. Other than that, I would not expect to be touched aside from when your IMBRA RFE gets sent - not much happens normally in the first month or two in terms of touches.

my NOA1 was march 15 based on the uscis website... i submitted my application last march 9... no touches since then either... :( i hope we get good news this week...

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

NOA1 March 14th..Touched on March 20th when we were put into the system. Nothing since then *sigh*. I hate March 20th!

yeah i hate that day too. last time i was touched was on the 20th too... i feel your pain.. ugh... when will this end... TORTURRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Timeline
Yes i filed it in texas. the only hard copy i received was the NOA #1, with my number and on the bottom from California. Is there way we can get that IMBRA form??

If you did not receive a transfer notice, then your file wasn't transferred. I was under the impression that all Texas application get transferred to CA but I must be wrong.

For the IMBRA RFE, you can't do anything except wait until they send it to you. Only Vermont applicants have started to receive theirs. There's no way to tell yet if they are sending the en masse or in order of NOA date. Time will tell . . .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My NOA1 is dated 30MARCH2006, since then no more touches.

Anybody else with same "age" or younger NOA1s untouched?

Waiting for RFE?

No touchy…

No feely…

I assume the delay is due to all the illegal immigrants that work at the California Service Center, who are upset about new legislation that may negatively affect them. :wacko:

from Andrew

Timeline
I did not receive the transfer notice. The only thing i received was the I-797, which had the California Address at the bottom. This waiting game, really sucks. does it ever speed up the process???

Bharat - I'm confused. Your timeline says your application was filed in Texas and you said didn't receive a transfer notice. But you said you received your NOA1 from California so maybe they automatically transferred it? I'm guessing that is the regular process these days.

Normally this is not a super long process. Sometimes people get stuck in security checks or administrative review and things are delayed. Right now we have all be majorly delayed because USCIS messed up with IMBRA and did not provide the correct forms for people who filed after March 6. As a result, everyone is on hold until they send out the request for evidence so we can provide them the information they need in order to comply with the law. Until that piece is completed, no applications can be approved. But they can certainly continue working on them and get everything else taken care of so that when they have the other information, they can complete the process, hopefully in order of NOA1 date.

Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you Kit-Kat

Maybe it was automatically transferred to California Service Center, without the transfer notice. When i submitted the form, I do not remember filling it out about the IMBRA stuff. I guess that they did not update their webpage.

In order to speed the process, i think they should have to form for the IMBRA online, and those who did not submit it, to send it in.

When is the average time between NOA1 and NOA2??

Timeline
Thank you Kit-Kat

Maybe it was automatically transferred to California Service Center, without the transfer notice. When i submitted the form, I do not remember filling it out about the IMBRA stuff. I guess that they did not update their webpage.

In order to speed the process, i think they should have to form for the IMBRA online, and those who did not submit it, to send it in.

When is the average time between NOA1 and NOA2??

When you submitted the form, there was no form with IMBRA questions. That is the root of the entire problem. IMBRA went into effect on March 6. So in a normal world, new forms would have been posted by that date for people to use. But USCIS screwed up and didn't say anything about the fact that they hadn't created new forms yet until about a month ago. For that reason, everyone's petitions have been sitting on hold. The new form, for new filers, does include the questions. Everyone else is waiting for the Request for evidence to be sent to us. It would be great if that was available online but it has your receipt number on it so each one has to be individually sent. Hey it's the US gov't - they don't exactly have it together.

Average wait times vary depending on the service center and how complete your application was. If you missed something, forgot to sign something, etc. they will send a request for more evidence (separate from IMBRA) which will add to the time. If there is a name hit during the security checks, it adds to the time. And now with IMBRA, all bets are off and it's virtually impossible to say how long between NOA1 and NOA2. In the past, if everything went normally, it was around 2-3 months average. These days, I would estimate 6 if we're lucky :(:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.