Danno2

NOA2 - Approval to when it received in mail?

24 posts in this topic

Oy

I'm on the obsessive end of the spectrum here!! I know what it's like to spend the whole day distracted by thoughts of when things will happen, what will I do when they happen, is there any way I can make it go faster etc.... Sorry that didn't come through...I was TRYING to be reassuring about your problem AND let you know that you're not alone in being anxious about these things! :P

I offered two of the things that help me get through the waiting periods, which is, when I look back, it won't seem like any time at all, and being prepared to spring into action the next time they pass me the ball.

Obviously I'm not the best at words here if you got the complete opposite message from what I wanted.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Actually, I find myself really upset (partially at my apparent inability to express myself) that you've taken me completely the wrong way. I probably shouldn't worry so much about what people on an internet forum think of me, but I am distressed that I made you feel the opposite of what I intended. People (including me) come to VJ for support, and that was what I had hoped originally to provide.

I do not think that I am incorrect in labeling myself as obsessive. As I have had the same thoughts/questions as you, I am not sure that it is inaccurate (or offensive) to apply the same label to you.

Obsess:

–verb (used with object)

1. to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally

I don't know about you, but it is pretty abnormal in my normal course of life to spend much brain wattage on figuring out when the mail man arrives. (He fills the boxes around 1230-1pm, and he starts with the ads, by the way - the day before NOA2 arrive in the mail, I stood there and watched him for 10 mins! EXTREMELY abnormal - he could have called the cops or something!!!)

Let's look at my first post again so I can clarify...

about 1 and a half weeks

That's a maximum.

The USPS isn't that bad. At least 3 days will probably pass.

If you really want to obsess over it (like me), take into account that nothing really moves on Sunday (USPS or USCIS).

Nothing gets mailed out of the service centers on Saturday OR Sunday (so if it's dated on a Friday, probably not sent out until Monday - as was my case).

(Could have mentioned that mine arrived on Thursday - by the way, have you read my signature - I do really keep extremely close tabs on these things, in case you didn't believe)

If you live in a rural area, count on a couple extra days of transport/processing. My experience with tracking shipping leads me to +1 day for transport between facilities, +1 day at the facility. If there are several stops for you, then several days will be added.

OK, I thought about all these factors and how they might affect things and came up with it on my own. I had hoped that this would help you to tailor your own location to more accurately estimate. I'm sorry if this wasn't helpful.

Some people may rag on you for being obsessive, (Would adding "But not me" have helped with my intent better?) but there are other people (that's me) who spend entirely TOO MUCH time thinking about all these little things. Once you have it, it won't seem like it actually mattered all that much after all. (Sharing experience here, that's what we're about? as mentioned, this comment was directed about the time of postal travel, NOT receipt of the hard copy - this is widely recognized as important, and I don't challenge that, especially given the unreliable nature of the email/web notification.) Don't let your hair fall out over it, but don't think you're alone. :)

There is a thread in the K1 progress forum barely a month old on the same topic. I'd look for it, but it sounds like you have more obsessive energies for the subject than I do, so I'll let you spend a few minutes looking yourself. (Read: There's more information out there, you'll find it in this specific forum, and in this specific time frame, and furthermore, I'm just a little lazy in I've already read it, and I think you have more motivation to find it for yourself than I have motivation to find it for you - and now you have all the information I'd have to start a search as well, sometimes just know it's out there is enough to help find - as my focus has moved to how fast mail is in the UK at my point in the journey. I'll admit the original may be a little off handed, but not intended as an attack)

I'm actually sort of embarrassed to participate in a big internet forum argument (gosh I hope I don't make it a habit!), but I was upset that I had failed in my effort and purpose in supporting you, and wanted to get that clarified...

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my date ws march 17, and it came on the 20th, so 3 days

Known each other since we were kids ! =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

3/26/09- Forwarded to New Delhi Embassy

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

4/8/09- Sent packet 3 to embassy

4/13/09-Embassy Sent packet 4

4/20/09- Recieved packet 4

4/25/09- Medical - passed =]

5/04-09- Gave paperwork to VFS

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm actually sort of embarrassed to participate in a big internet forum argument (gosh I hope I don't make it a habit!), but I was upset that I had failed in my effort and purpose in supporting you, and wanted to get that clarified...

:P Don't worry about it. I really wouldn't call this a big flamefest. I've witnessed (and ... even participated...) in one or two of those on occasion. This didn't even come close. Very civil, no name calling, everybody friendly at the end :)

[Aside: Not that I'd call this a "big flamefest" but I had the (dubious?) distinction of needing no less than Captain Ewok himself to put me in my place recently .... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2840225 . BTW- that just goes to show that even might Ewok is human. He misspelled "gesture" as "jesture" :lol: ]

I'll let Danny respond for himself, but I for one took no offense to your posts. And thank you for your clarifications, I agree that sometimes written messages don't convey the writer's intent clearly. That's happened to me many times.

I think we all fret & worry during the (seemingly endless) weeks and months of the process. Mainly because it's so opaque, with bureaucracies that seem purposefully intended to keep us from knowing what's going on and how long it will take. Meanwhile real lives and planning lie in the balance. So many VJ stories are heart wrenching - just hang out in the 6+ month club for a while (I'm sure you know what I mean). It's just natural to be anxious and to want to ensure that we (the petitioner+beneficiary) are doing everything we possibly can to speed things along.

Specifically regarding Thailand police certificates ... I thought I would add this as well: Only the central police station in Bangkok will provide the certificates. As I wrote previously, it takes them approximately 10days-2weeks to issue the certificate, and they require a number of input documents (domestic Thai ID card, passport, US fiance passport, NOA2 form, and a few other things I believe).

For a beneficiary that lives in Bangkok, it's not a huge deal to go to the police station twice - once to drop off the paperwork and a second time to pick up the certificate.

But many beneficiaries (including Danny's fiancee) do not live in Bangkok. They live in remote towns that are many hours away by bus. Hence it's not a trivial matter to schedule and plan the visits to Bangkok necessary for the police and medical certificates, as well as the ultimate interview at the embassy. Also, since the NOA2 needs to be mailed by the US petitioner to his/her fiance(e), and the mail delivery can be unreliable (esp. for small rural villages), even more care must be taken.

All this to say - we don't control when USCIS will send the NOA2, or how long USPS will take to deliver it to our homes. But many of us (including Danny) are trying to put that date into a context of planning our fiance's taking days off work and traveling to BKK. The better that can be planned, well, the better for our fiance(e)....

Note that in my case my fiancee lives in BKK and had no issue making repeat trips to the police station. She also happens to be an employee at the hospital where the medical reports are done (not that she got any discounts, mind you!!)

Peace, and good luck to all

Timeline

For 107 days from NOA1 our case was not touched. Then on 4/10/09 we got a touch only and thats never changed. Today we received our hard copy NOA2 in the mail. It was received 7 days post NOA2 approval. So VSC NOA1 -> NOA2 = 107 days for us. :dance:

The reason for the original post was that I called Chada last Friday and told her that we got a "touch". Also that it was likely an NOA2. What I got back was a girly scream, babbling followed by tears of joy. When I had to follow that with "I didn't get confirmation via email and we have to wait for USPS" she was really, really worried we got an RFE.

Thanks to everyone who posted because that made the last 2 days bearable for her.

Heather no worries about the misunderstanding. I very much appreciate your heartfelt PM and replies!

Edited by Danny and Chada

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I never got a hard copy NOA 2, 30 days after the e-mail I called and told them, they said to send them 340 bucks and they'll get that right out for me! :angry:

i sent you a pm

same situation for me!

what should we do?

im a bit overwhelmed, isnt the hardcopy NOA2 required for AOS?

fwiw- the USCIS rep said it was mailed out on march 26th

I was wondering if we really need it or not because they said they sent mine out the 27th of March and that was 3 weeks ago and no hard copy!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline
For 107 days from NOA1 our case was not touched. Then on 4/10/09 we got a touch only and thats never changed. Today we received our hard copy NOA2 in the mail. It was received 7 days post NOA2 approval. So VSC NOA1 -> NOA2 = 107 days for us. :dance:

The reason for the original post was that I called Chada last Friday and told her that we got a "touch". Also that it was likely an NOA2. What I got back was a girly scream, babbling followed by tears of joy. When I had to follow that with "I didn't get confirmation via email and we have to wait for USPS" she was really, really worried we got an RFE.

Thanks to everyone who posted because that made the last 2 days bearable for her.

Heather no worries about the misunderstanding. I very much appreciate your heartfelt PM and replies!

Danny, I've already offered my congratulations on the Sawasdee thread, but this news is good enough to merit TWO public congratulatory notes:

So....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

May your journey proceed quickly and smoothly from this point forward, and may you and Chada enjoy a long and happy life united together :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

Danny,

About the police certificate uscandual mentioned two trips to Bangkok. We just told them we live a long ways away, we paide for ems and it arrived to us one day after they told us to pick it up.

Really glad for you in recieving your NOA2. Hopefully in less than two months you will be together.

Noi

I-130
22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-175
02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1

4/18/2011-Biometrics

N-400
GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Interview:
Oath:
Field Office: Detroit

Divorced 11/19/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.