geowife10

Chickenpox...

10 posts in this topic

Helllo fellow VJers,

My brother have chickenpox today, I told my Husband about this then he told me not to get near my brother . He was woried that it may cause a big issue in the immigration or when i have my medical and interview once I have it (chickenpox). My question is ,if i have chicken pox ,are they going to denied my visa? :(

2BUH.jpg.png

dont worry about chicken pox. well, it will give you scars lol but just dont scratch it too much that way it wont leave a mark on your skin... i had chicken pox last 2005 and had my med exam on 2006... i showed them my scar on my right eye coz they wana know if you had chicken pox or not so they know what type of shots to give you... there's a big possibility that you'll get it from your brother (i also got it from my bro) BUT its not and never will be a hindrance for your visa approval... good luck!!!

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

thanks Ronmay and Mhaze for the reply :no: ....another question :no: what about if i have chickenpox during my medical and interview, are they going to allow me to have medical or interview or are they going to postponed it?

well they dont want you around then... i believe its airborne, so they dont want others to get affected especially kids on slec... usually once you got the pox, it will take 2-3 weeks depending on how hard you get hit and if you'll take anti-biotic (i did and it wasnt that bad for me)... after 3 weeks, i went back to school coz the doctor said im healed...

edit to add: thats just my opinion... who knows they might allow you. better call them

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

thanks Ronmay and Mhaze for the reply :no: ....another question :no: what about if i have chickenpox during my medical and interview, are they going to allow me to have medical or interview or are they going to postponed it?

well they dont want you around then... i believe its airborne, so they dont want others to get affected especially kids on slec... usually once you got the pox, it will take 2-3 weeks depending on how hard you get hit and if you'll take anti-biotic (i did and it wasnt that bad for me)... after 3 weeks, i went back to school coz the doctor said im healed...

edit to add: thats just my opinion... who knows they might allow you. better call them

Thank you so much Ronmay for your quick response :thumbs:

2BUH.jpg.png

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/ba...hicken_pox.html

All you want and need to know about the chicken pox :dance:

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

your brother is infectious up to the time all his lesions has crusted. Better keep your distance from him. Don't give any antibiotic to your brother, it has no effect or whatsoever coz it's a viral disease.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Just wanted to add:

1.) Oatmeal baths work wonders for those ailed with chicken pox. They are not a means of curing, but for soothing and comfort.

2.) No, you will not have issues with the medical in the case you also acquire chicken pox. But to avoid it, quarantine is the best solution. Just stay away as much as possible from the patient.

Oh...and one more thing...in the case that you DO get chicken pox...the GOOD NEWS :yes: is that you will get a waiver for the Varicella vaccine requirement.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

no its not going to be a problem

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.