R&AINC

One Month Waiting Club

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Today is one month since NOA1. It seem like a year waiting...

who knows how long it will take....

Im not even to a month and its driving me crazy haha.. lol.. but I just think, this time next year.. youll be with your baby.. not thinking about all this waiting etc etc.. just happy together!! Or I could give you the awnser i always get "its worth the wait isnt it?" haha.. DUH!! lol.. still sucks tho.

bd9a807528.png

K-1 Visa

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-06

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-13

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-25

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-10-1 (about 6 Months, 13days)

US Entry : 2009-11-02

AOS Interview: 2010-03-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

This part of the journey is the longest waiting period, and it feels like forever. :wacko:

But these months of waiting for a lifetime together are worth every moment.

Best of luck with your journey :star:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It will take 4ever!

I can't wait until someone starts the "I just mailed my petition 2day & OMGWTFBBQ STILL no NOA2!!!1!!!" thread.

Seriously, people, you all need to chill out. Once you're together you'll look back at this thread and wonder why you ever made such a big deal out of one month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Best of luck with your visa journey

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
It will take 4ever!

I can't wait until someone starts the "I just mailed my petition 2day & OMGWTFBBQ STILL no NOA2!!!1!!!" thread.

Seriously, people, you all need to chill out. Once you're together you'll look back at this thread and wonder why you ever made such a big deal out of one month.

No big deal or complaining, I am just stating a fact. If it takes forever as you say, then we are doomed to eternity :)

anyway good luck to all in your journey.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It will take 4ever!

:lol: I had similar thoughts when I saw the title of this thread.

Maybe back in 2004 when approvals came within two weeks, a One Month + waiting group would've made sense...

Though it would be awesome if USCIS hired enough people to catch up on all the files & make a 2 week turn-around time happen again. If any of you read the interview with a former adjudicator, you'll recall that it only takes them 15 minutes to go through most peoples' paperwork. The rest of the time the paperwork just sits waiting for someone to look at it. :bonk:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1 month waiting club? LOL :jest:

when you get a chance, have a look at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158183

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184030

these people deserve clubs!!

good luck!

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline
1 month waiting club? LOL :jest:

when you get a chance, have a look at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158183

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184030

these people deserve clubs!!

good luck!

Yes I have been reading those. I am afraid that I could end up happening to me.

the title was just a provocation.

I do not expect to get approved in 1 month :). But I like to get people's thoughts and opinions.

On the serious side, by reading some of the post, I think this wait can sometimes harm or end a relationship all together. Since this wait is not "natural" it creates unnecessary distress for couples.

We can discuss about why and why not we have to wait, but it is all meaningless. We have to wait and that is the fact.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

There are people whose fiances have passed away, are sick or their relationship broke!, and all that has happened in one day. So all you can do is pray.

Good luck,

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancée and I met in September of 2004, while I was teacher in Thailand. Our relationship developed over the next 20 months I lived there. In May 2006, I returned to America. It was a difficult decision; I had a great relationship with my girlfriend, an excellent job (teaching only 3 days a week), a beautiful environment (loved spending weekends on some tropic island), a comfortable lifestyle, etc. My fiancée and I decided to continue our relationship long distance and see where it would lead us. I have been back twice to see her in the summer's of 2007 and 2008 during my breaks, and she had come to see me in the the fall of 2007. However, we've been mostly apart for the last 3 years. All said and done we shall have spent 11 months between our last meeting and when she comes to reside in USA. I certainly can understand the challenges of long-term long-distance relationships, but I never blame anyone for it. It was our mutual decision and we could have always decided differently if this was not what we wanted i.e. moved back to Thailand, broken up, etc.

It has been nearly 6 months since we first applied for the K-1, and with good fortune, we shall be having the interview within a month. I am grateful to have been recommended Visa Journey before beginning the application process, so we full well knew that it would not take just a few weeks or months to complete. I do not believe this extended period has harmed, strained, or stressed our relationship in any way. In fact, experience has shown that it has strengthened us. We've grown so much closer through this; our ability to communicate, compromise, exercise greater patience, understanding, and care have all exponentially increased. I love my fiancée more each and every day; Perhaps better to say that my capacity to love her regardless of all circumstances has increased.

For you who are on the journey, all the best to you. For some the best may entail a longer process, for others it may mean going separate ways and for others it could be a swift smooth ride: I am unable to comprehend what is best, but whatever it may be, that is truly what I wish for you. The waiting prior to relocation is just a minor step prior to the greater journey; for the remainder of your lives you shall face joys and challenges together. May you travel safely and joyfully.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It has been nearly 6 months since we first applied for the K-1, and with good fortune, we shall be having the interview within a month. I am grateful to have been recommended Visa Journey before beginning the application process, so we full well knew that it would not take just a few weeks or months to complete. I do not believe this extended period has harmed, strained, or stressed our relationship in any way. In fact, experience has shown that it has strengthened us. We've grown so much closer through this; our ability to communicate, compromise, exercise greater patience, understanding, and care have all exponentially increased. I love my fiancée more each and every day; Perhaps better to say that my capacity to love her regardless of all circumstances has increased.

For you who are on the journey, all the best to you. For some the best may entail a longer process, for others it may mean going separate ways and for others it could be a swift smooth ride: I am unable to comprehend what is best, but whatever it may be, that is truly what I wish for you. The waiting prior to relocation is just a minor step prior to the greater journey; for the remainder of your lives you shall face joys and challenges together. May you travel safely and joyfully.

Nicely said TtoU

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Nicely said TtoU

Yes I agree with you, but a couple of days ago i read something on this forum that really affected me. For respect I do not mention it, but I made me really sad and think about this wait.

For us is our 3rd year apart, and it feels like when you are doing laps on a swimming pool. After 19 laps You know you are almost there, and you can reach lap 20. But you feel tired out of breath. On that final lap is when determination, pride, and in this case love, kicks in. So one last lap, we are lamost there.

I wish you all the best.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.