Pinay Wife

Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine

292 posts in this topic

Hi Mae,,

Wow Sis, wala me masabi sa garden niyo. Your garden is really adorable. I hope to have a garden too when I am there. I like your rose trellis. They are so nice.

Saan you nga ba nakuha ung talbos? Is it available in some Filipino stores there?

I told my husband that I'm gonna bring oregano when it is time for me to go there because it is good for cough, He just told me that I can find it there in the stores.

I'm really excited to have a garden like yours, something that I can be proud of kc I work hard for it.

Thanks for the pics Sis, they are really so nice.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mae, pretty naman ng iyong flowers and plants. Front, back, side, inside, outside ng house, puno ng tanim. Galing galing naman. At may talbos pa ng kamote.

As for me, time out muna ako. Doug and I worked in the yard the entire day today replacing mulch and laying sod. My back is killing me huhuhuhu :crying: :crying: :crying: Araguuuuyyyy!!!!

[Joke time...]

An office manager at WalMart was given the task of hiring an individual to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of resumes, he found four people, who were equally qualified - an American, a Russian, an Australian and a Filipino.

He decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine who among them would get the job. The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table the interviewer asked, "What is the fastest thing you know?" Dave, the American, replied, "A THOUGHT. It just pops into your head. There is no warning that it's on the way; it's just there. A thought is the fastest thing I know of."

"That's very good!" replied the interviewer.

"And now you sir?" he asked Vladimir, the Russian.

"Hmm.... let me see. A blink! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened. A BLINK is the fastest thing I know."

"Excellent!" said the interviewer. "The blink of an eye, that's a very popular clich? For speed."

He then turned to George, the Australian who was contemplating his reply. "Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light in the barn comes on. Yep, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of."

The interviewer was very impressed with the third answer and thought he had found his man. "It's hard to beat the speed of light," he said.

Turning to Eleuterio, the Filipino, the fourth and final man, the interviewer posed the same question. Eleuterio replied, "Apter herring da 3 preybyus ansers sir, et's obyus to me datthe fastest thing is Diarrhea."

"WHAT!?" said the interviewer, stunned by the response. The others were already giggling in their seats...

"Oh, I can expleyn sir,." said Eleuterio. " You see, sir, da aderday my tummy was peeling bad and so I run so fast to the CR, but before I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON THE LIGHT, sir, I had alreydi **** in my pants!"

Eleuterio is now the new "Greeter" at WalMart.

nice one ate pw. that cheered me up.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Hi Mae,,

Wow Sis, wala me masabi sa garden niyo. Your garden is really adorable. I hope to have a garden too when I am there. I like your rose trellis. They are so nice.

Saan you nga ba nakuha ung talbos? Is it available in some Filipino stores there?

I told my husband that I'm gonna bring oregano when it is time for me to go there because it is good for cough, He just told me that I can find it there in the stores.

I'm really excited to have a garden like yours, something that I can be proud of kc I work hard for it.

Thanks for the pics Sis, they are really so nice.

When I first came here (it was summer) I was so amazed at how good David with gardening. Nung nasa Pinas pa kase ako, kwento sya about his fave hobby. I was like, wow... I'm excited to see everything. So when I got here, super dami ng bunga ng mga vegetables nya at ang mga roses e parang sea of red talaga tapos yung grapevine, pear tree and apple trees were loaded with fruits. Sabi ko sa kanya, I use to steal mangga from our neighborhood in Pinas, I won't steal no more kase dami puno in our own yard.

You can find sweet potato vines in any nurseries or ACE hardware. I think Wal-Mart sells them too. The oregano here is not the same as ours from Pinas. I want to plant some mandarin oranges but David said any citrus plants will not survive here kase they need sun all year long.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics... I love taking pictures -- not of me but of our plants and stuff. :whistle:

Mae, pretty naman ng iyong flowers and plants. Front, back, side, inside, outside ng house, puno ng tanim. Galing galing naman. At may talbos pa ng kamote.

As for me, time out muna ako. Doug and I worked in the yard the entire day today replacing mulch and laying sod. My back is killing me huhuhuhu :crying: :crying: :crying: Araguuuuyyyy!!!!

Refreshing pag may halaman everywhere. Eto kaseng house namin e parang bachelor's pad since walang planong mag-asawa si David ulit. I put flowers all over the house para magkaron ng konting woman's touch ba. Ok lang kay David basta daw no pink curtains. Hahaha!

Every Friday is our work day in our yard so I know how you feel sis. Feeling ko nira-rayuma ako after the day's work. But I like it kase rewarding naman ang itsura ng paligid plus totoong reward which is dinner somewhere para day off ako sa kusina. Our next project is laying gravels around the house where weeds like to grow and get wild. Siguro next year na lang kase nakakatamad na ang init.

P.S. What a coincidence that the joke you have is the same joke that David forwarded to me. :lol:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's freakin' cold out there. I won't survive the winter. I'm a wuss. :lol::no: Must be tough navigating your way through the snow using that bulldozer eh? Have you seen any mooses?

We see moose in the yard pretty often. Occasionally bears. I had to shoot one trying to break into the cabin. Not the one in the picture above. It was a black bear trying to break in. Wolves you never see, but they come in and steal anything they can eat if it is a bad year for them food-wise.

She saw five moose a few days ago working on the airplane. Lots of sandhill cranes too.

A moose in the background here. To the left of her face. In February we have very little light - this is the middle of the "day":

liramoose1.jpg

But in the summer it doesn't get dark for three months.

It's freakin' cold out there. I won't survive the winter. I'm a wuss. :lol::no: Must be tough navigating your way through the snow using that bulldozer eh? Have you seen any mooses?

We see moose in the yard pretty often. Occasionally bears. I had to shoot one trying to break into the cabin. Not the one in the picture above. It was a black bear trying to break in. Wolves you never see, but they come in and steal anything they can eat if it is a bad year for them food-wise.

She saw five moose a few days ago working on the airplane. Lots of sandhill cranes too.

A moose in the background here. To the left of her face. In February we have very little light - this is the middle of the "day":

liramoose1.jpg

im fascinated by this... 3 months w/ almost 100% daylight... i know alaska is like this and read a lot of fun stuff in alaska... what state you guys from?

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
im fascinated by this... 3 months w/ almost 100% daylight... i know alaska is like this and read a lot of fun stuff in alaska... what state you guys from?

We're from Alaska. Interior. Live in a log cabin in the woods. Millions of acres of wilderness outside the front, back, and side of the cabin.

This is a little better idea of the size of moose coming into the yard. My wife is five feet tall and 82 lbs (before becoming pregnant). The hot tub deck here behind this moose is five feet. This moose is probably 1200 lbs or so. But they get up to 1800 lbs:

moosehottubedit.jpg

Lira is from Iligan City, Mindanao.

We're from Alaska. Interior. Live in a log cabin in the woods. Millions of acres of wilderness outside the front, back, and side of the cabin.

This is a little better idea of the size of moose coming into the yard. My wife is five feet tall and 82 lbs (before becoming pregnant). The hot tub deck here behind this moose is five feet. This moose is probably 1200 lbs or so. But they get up to 1800 lbs:

moosehottubedit.jpg

cool! i thought the way you describe it, it sounds like alaska... that must have been a huge transition for her... im from CO and wow its way different especially during the winter lol... im from cagayan de oro and hubby and i had been to iligan... timoga falls...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

moosehottubedit.jpg

*gulp* :wacko:

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline
cool! i thought the way you describe it, it sounds like alaska... that must have been a huge transition for her... im from CO and wow its way different especially during the winter lol... im from cagayan de oro and hubby and i had been to iligan... timoga falls...

It's all about attitude. You can be excited about moving to the edge of the wilderness, and take fifty below zero temperatures as an adventure, or you can complain.

You do have to be careful. Our dog has a running war with the moose and we have lots of pictures of moose trying to stomp her. One tried to kill me a few years ago too. You do have to run from them if they charge.

This one was orphaned and I raised him for a while. We would go for walks together in the woods, and he would come running to me when I got home from work. But he wandered over to a neighbor's place and chased them all inside their cabin. He was playing, but they thought he was attacking them. The husband wasn't home, but he called me when he got home and said he was going to shoot him the next time he saw him. Wanted to warn me about the crazed moose - I didn't let him know he was mine. So anyway, I ate him. He was delicious.

moose%20kiss.jpg

Timoga! Yes, we've been there of course, and also Tinago.

We've been to the big mall there in Cagayan de Oro. I like the Ozamis area better than Iligan because there are high mountains and it is cooler up there. But I think Mindanao is beautiful.

Not to mention having the most beautiful girls on the planet.

Wanted to warn me about the crazed moose - I didn't let him know he was mine. So anyway, I ate him. He was delicious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

It's all about attitude. You can be excited about moving to the edge of the wilderness, and take fifty below zero temperatures as an adventure, or you can complain.

You do have to be careful. Our dog has a running war with the moose and we have lots of pictures of moose trying to stomp her. One tried to kill me a few years ago too. You do have to run from them if they charge.

This one was orphaned and I raised him for a while. We would go for walks together in the woods, and he would come running to me when I got home from work. But he wandered over to a neighbor's place and chased them all inside their cabin. He was playing, but they thought he was attacking them. The husband wasn't home, but he called me when he got home and said he was going to shoot him the next time he saw him. Wanted to warn me about the crazed moose - I didn't let him know he was mine. So anyway, I ate him. He was delicious.

moose%20kiss.jpg

Timoga! Yes, we've been there of course, and also Tinago.

We've been to the big mall there in Cagayan de Oro. I like the Ozamis area better than Iligan because there are high mountains and it is cooler up there. But I think Mindanao is beautiful.

Not to mention having the most beautiful girls on the planet.

Was it good -- the moose? :lol:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Wow, it must be nice living in your neck of the woods. We live in Northern California 70 miles from the Golden Gate. The closest I have come to seeing snow are frost in the winter. My grew up in Los Angeles, but he loves the peace in quiet in Sonoma County.

3609368114_d3d38b6c15.jpg

3609367254_4e732b3ac0.jpg

3608551463_a8fd3471b3.jpg

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Wanted to warn me about the crazed moose - I didn't let him know he was mine. So anyway, I ate him. He was delicious.

moose%20kiss.jpg

Oh the poor thing!!! He looks so sooooo sweet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.