carlovee

Good lawyer in Hcmc?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello folks,

We've just received our NOA2, which is great of course but I'm concerned to read in this forum about recent cases from Vietnam that have been rejected.

With that in mind...

Who is a good lawyer that we can consult with in HoChiMinh City? I have read about Marc Ellis, is he in Hcmc? Could someone get me his contact info?

Also, do you think this is part of a negative trend in Vietnam? Is it getting harder to get a K1 there? The cases I've read about here seem to me to be well prepared and they still were rejected.

Thanks as always,

Tom and Hao

Hello folks,

We've just received our NOA2, which is great of course but I'm concerned to read in this forum about recent cases from Vietnam that have been rejected.

With that in mind...

Who is a good lawyer that we can consult with in HoChiMinh City? I have read about Marc Ellis, is he in Hcmc? Could someone get me his contact info?

Also, do you think this is part of a negative trend in Vietnam? Is it getting harder to get a K1 there? The cases I've read about here seem to me to be well prepared and they still were rejected.

Thanks as always,

Tom and Hao

http://www.marcellislaw.com/

Main thing is for you to make more than one trip and have LOTS of pictures with you, lady and her friends and family.

Lots of communication records also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you click on the Portals tab at the top of the page you will find a post from Mr. Ellis within the first few of pages. A good way to find his contact info.

IThis process is not about meeting the minimum requirements, especially in HCMC. f your case is straight forward and you two are well prepared then you should feel confident about your journey. As Todd suggests post your time line and any concerns you have about your case and folks will be able to offer advice.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

Marc Ellis just does the legwork for a Vietnamese Lawyer "Nam" If your timeline, and proof of a legitimate relationship is in order you don't need these people!

Hello folks,

With that in mind...

Thanks as always,

Tom and Hao

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Tom and Hao,

Retain an attorney's service is a personal choice at this early stage of the journey. With the helps from JV, one could easily complete the filiing by oneself. Many of us have done so all the way through the end. We do have a good support base of knowledgeable members who currently helping and assisting others members who are going through this very same journey.

I would def. get a lawyer if:

1. I was divorced a few times

2. Once married and petitioned for an alien to immigrate to the US

3. Case was denied

4. Refiling new case/petition

5. Criminal background isn't clean as I wish It could be

If nothing out of the ordinary, you should be able to handle HCMC without too much heartache and pains :)

However, don't get me wrong, I do believe in lawyer when I feel and know absolutely sure that I need one.

They can easy up a lot of troubles for the inexperience.

Good luck,

Chuck and Kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Hi and thanks for all the info.

Hao contacted Mr. Ellis and he wanted a large fee to 'handle' our visa app. I was just hoping for a consultation to see if we had things in order but that's not the way it works I guess.

So I'm going to go with Chuck and Kiim's advice and only consult with him if something goes wrong. I think our case is fairly straight forward. The only thing that might raise a red flag is the fact that she applied for a tourist visa to visit me twice before we realized that's not something they would ever give to her. But I hope that is explained by the logical argument that I wanted her to see this country, my house, etc, before asking her to commit to marriage.

btw...I originally hired a immigration lawyer here in the US but I let him go because I seemed better informed then he was just by doing a little web searching and especially by looking for information here at visajourney.com.

thanks again and good luck everyone,

cheers,

Tom

Here we go again..............

Man started his VJ by thinking: Gee, why on earth would I need an attorney, who "probably" will do the same thing like me, reading internet sites giving out advices by people who never touch a single law book in life? Heck, I myself is as good and knowledgeable as any licensed lawyer. Hell, I'm in even better than them since I'm in the game! I know everything!!

Man full of confidence jumped aboard by mailing his case to the INS, not even bothering to consult a lawyer for a "small" fee. Sure, everyone knows the steps to fill out the paperwork, but that isn't everything there is to it. What about the exact time line? When you visit the first time, how long from that point you make your second trip, then the third one? When to propose, how to do it right, how to document it, how to preserve your evidence? So many things, but since man feels so confident, he thinks if he just ignores them for now, everything should be OK. After all, he got all the support he needs from his pals from some internet immigration-related chat forums.

A few months later, man's S/O gets interviewed. Reality kicks in, Blue/White slip. Oh no, man rushes back to his friends on the internet and shouted "Emergency!!!!"..............and like clockwork followed by,"Do you all think I should hire an attorney now?"

Life is all about choices, and only you can help yourself to make the right one, of course, at the right time as well.

Bottom line, imho, the right timing is crucial to achieve success for almost everything in life. And stop relying in emotional comforts from internet chatrooms. They do not help at all for your real life problems. If you choose to depend on them anyway, then you're WEAK

Timeline

DPHN, Why are you Here for? :wacko:

K1/K2 Time Line:

2-22-06 I-129F sent to Nebraska Service Center

3-03-06 NOA1 Received In Mail

5-27-06 NOA2 Received In Mail

6-08-06 NVC Received

6-12-06 NVC Sent File To HCMC

8-01-06 Van Received Packet 3

8-02-06 Van turned Back Packet 3 at Consulate.

9-29-06 Van Received Packet 4 in the Mail.

10-23-06 Interview - Passed

12-01-06 POE - San Fransisco, 10 Min Thur Immigration for Van and Thu

AOS Time Line:

2-06-07 K-1-K2 AOS Mailed I-131,I-765 And I-485

2-20-07 NOA K-1-K2 AOS I-131,I-765 And I-485

2-26-07 Received Biometrics appointment notice's

3-06-07 Biometrics appointment's scheduled and completed

3-30-07 Received AOS Letters For Interviews

5-22-07 AOS Interviews-Passed

6-01-07 Van Receives 2 Year Green Card K1

7-07-07 Thu Receives 2 Year Green Card K2

Removing Conditions Time line:

3-30-09 I-751 Sent to Calif Service Center

4-07-09 Check Cleared

4-10-09 NOA in Mail-Reciept Date 4-01-09

4-17-09 Biometrics appointment Notice For Van And Thu

5-01-09 Biometrics completed

6-09-09 Approved - Green Cards in Production.

7-17-09 Received 10 year Green Cards For Van & thu

N400 US Citizenship

12-13-10 Sent package

12-20-10 NOA - Reciept

12-22-10 Check Cleared

12-29-10 Biometrics appointment Notice

1-21-11 Biometrics appointment

4-20-11 Interview - PASSED

5-19-11 Oath

6-20-11 Recived U.S. Passport

Hi and thanks for all the info.

Hao contacted Mr. Ellis and he wanted a large fee to 'handle' our visa app. I was just hoping for a consultation to see if we had things in order but that's not the way it works I guess.

So I'm going to go with Chuck and Kiim's advice and only consult with him if something goes wrong. I think our case is fairly straight forward. The only thing that might raise a red flag is the fact that she applied for a tourist visa to visit me twice before we realized that's not something they would ever give to her. But I hope that is explained by the logical argument that I wanted her to see this country, my house, etc, before asking her to commit to marriage.

btw...I originally hired a immigration lawyer here in the US but I let him go because I seemed better informed then he was just by doing a little web searching and especially by looking for information here at visajourney.com.

thanks again and good luck everyone,

cheers,

Tom

If you don't have any "out of normal" circumstances you can do it successfully on your own.

First and most important is to make multiple trips. Take LOTS of pictures of you,her with her family and friends. I was denied first time for lack of such!

Everytime you take a picture think "for proof of a bona fide relationship." Be like a "movie" director.

Use 2 cameras . One digital and throwaway backups. Upload daily to a secure site.

Set up daily phone talks with a company like AT+T who gives month records. If you want to save money use phone cards for long talks and the long distance carrier that gives records for a daily quick call. There are some new services that are cheap and you can get records also.

Both of you write weekly snail mails. Keep the envelopes with stamps. Send cards if you are lazy.

Your job is to do one better than the scammers. Make it both of your jobs for the next few months. Think what you write. How would a CO like it. Use the word love whenever you can. Also have your fiancee sneak it in ANYTIME she can during the interview.

EX. Why do you want to go to the US? Because I love Robert very much and want to have a family with him and live happily ever after.

Something like that.

Hopefully your lady speaks English well enough to take the interview in English. If marginal have her take intensive lessons starting yesterday.

Start telling her EVERYTHING about your life past and present. From your dogs name to why you divorced. ALL about your work and past schooling.

You know your relationship is for real but the CO doesn't. The next few months will make you or break you. If you don't have the money for more trips get it any way you can.

Some will say multiple trips weren't necessary. Depends on the country and the CO. They are all different.

Better to be safe than BIGTIME sorry.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Yeah, what ARE you doing here?

I think I've posted all of 2 other topics here, none of them had anything exclamatory or panicky about them.

The request for info about lawyer in Vietnam that apparently offended you so much is pretty basic isn't it? And yet I've gotten a lot out of the info that the others here have shared with me so if its a horrible question I'm glad I asked it.

Must be nice for you to be so STRONG and to know everything about me based on one post. :wacko:

meh

Timeline

Haole, thanks for your reply. I've been to Vietnam twice now and we had a well documented Dam Hoi the 2nd time. We'll start sending some snail mail, I have pounds of chat logs but I didn't think of that. I'll make a backup of my photos right now also, it would be a disaster to lose those at this point.

take care,

Tom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
DPHN, Why are you Here for? :wacko:

No kidding. If internet chat rooms are so weak... why IS he here?!

Because he is a TROLL! :angry:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

DPHN, Why are you Here for??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :wacko:PSYCHO

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Yeah, what ARE you doing here?

I think I've posted all of 2 other topics here, none of them had anything exclamatory or panicky about them.

The request for info about lawyer in Vietnam that apparently offended you so much is pretty basic isn't it? And yet I've gotten a lot out of the info that the others here have shared with me so if its a horrible question I'm glad I asked it.

Must be nice for you to be so STRONG and to know everything about me based on one post. :wacko:

meh

In response to the Bold quote, nargh. I'd be careless. Time will tell your decision now is the right one. If you two get the white/blue slip a few months from now because you "think" a lawyer is not needed, you and your S/O ARE the sufferring ones, not me.

I don't believe in wishing anyone luck because there's no such thing. You're successful because you're well-prepared and worked hard, not because of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.