AvoidDaNoid

CFO

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I heard one of the locations had a nicer staff but I can't remember which one.

Also....after her interview if she is approved should she go right away or wait for the Visa to be delivered.

The reason that I ask is that I will be there during that time and it may be helpful for me to go to the CFO with her if they let me.

Also I keep reading that she should take her NBI clearance and other forms with her. Doesn't the Embassy keep these? So she will have to get more originals or can she copy them and bring those?

CFO

St. Marys per numerous post is better

You can go to CFO same day as interview, Pass or not, It don't matter.

She will have to wait till she has Visa in Hand to get sticker from CFO to leave PI

A lot of people get CFO out of the way and then get sticker after they have visa in hand.

If you go to Embassy be firm with CO and tell him/her you would like to pick up your Visa if possible.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also....after her interview if she is approved should she go right away or wait for the Visa to be delivered.

The reason that I ask is that I will be there during that time and it may be helpful for me to go to the CFO with her if they let me.

Also I keep reading that she should take her NBI clearance and other forms with her. Doesn't the Embassy keep these? So she will have to get more originals or can she copy them and bring those?

She can attend CFO without her visa yet, once she get her visa she just go back to CFO and have her sticker on her passport. The CFO in Cebu, would not allow her/his partner to attend counseling. He/she will have to wait outside CFO. But I don't know the CFO in Manila if they allow the partners to go in. Counseling is all about the life here in US, where to get some help if the immigrant is in trouble, the new life in US and they will let them show a video from different women who were abused from their foreign husband (most of these women did a fake marriage just to get out of the Philippines and they were abused in the end). And after that, they will do a short interview one on one.

NBI certificate has 2 copies. One for your fiance and the other is for USEM. She can just show her copy of NBI. CFO will not keep her NBI anyway. They just need to see it. Mine was not taken.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Petitioners are not allowed into CFO

It about how the American Man Will hit you, and cut you up, or put you into Sex Slavery

I heard Cebu CFO is 4 to 6 hours

My Fiance CFO at St. Marys was about 2 hours.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

when i had my seminar (PRISM and its in Manila), i presented my nbi, passport, and divorce decree from my husband (they just made a copy from it). although my husband was w/ me that time, he wasnt allowed to be in the seminar so he waited outside and had a beer w/ the hotel driver lol. they showed some videos about abusive husband "not" only american of course (that would be stereotype) but also from different countries (not gona mention the names)... and where to get help in case such abuse will happen to us. they gave us a list about airport taxes, requirements so we can leave phil w/ no problems like the do's and don'ts. then they called us for individual interview and asked me if i brought a photo of me together w/ my hubby and ask the "maiden name" of the USC's mother (thats important). and some personal questions... lasted 2 hrs...

about the visa delivery, it doesnt hurt to ask the CO if she can request for a visa pick-up. that depends on the CO itself if they will grant it or not... and since you're gona be there, during the interview plus cfo. its best to do the cfo after the visa is granted that way you can save time and just do it in one day... go to prism for the seminar (i believe that's in taft ave.) early morning so by afternoon you guys can head to quirino where the cfo located and they can put a sticker and stamp on her passport... good luck!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

when i had my seminar (PRISM and its in Manila), i presented my nbi, passport, and divorce decree from my husband (they just made a copy from it). although my husband was w/ me that time, he wasnt allowed to be in the seminar so he waited outside and had a beer w/ the hotel driver lol. they showed some videos about abusive husband "not" only american of course (that would be stereotype) but also from different countries (not gona mention the names)... and where to get help in case such abuse will happen to us. they gave us a list about airport taxes, requirements so we can leave phil w/ no problems like the do's and don'ts. then they called us for individual interview and asked me if i brought a photo of me together w/ my hubby and ask the "maiden name" of the USC's mother (thats important). and some personal questions... lasted 2 hrs...

about the visa delivery, it doesnt hurt to ask the CO if she can request for a visa pick-up. that depends on the CO itself if they will grant it or not... and since you're gona be there, during the interview plus cfo. its best to do the cfo after the visa is granted that way you can save time and just do it in one day... go to prism for the seminar (i believe that's in taft ave.) early morning so by afternoon you guys can head to quirino where the cfo located and they can put a sticker and stamp on her passport... good luck!!!

Thank you for the response. So let me get this straight. After the interview even if they don't physically give her the Visa yet (if she is approved) she should still go to the CFO? There are two places to go? Prism and Quirino?

They have a 2 hour interview? What information does she need? Just my mother's maiden name or anything else that may be tricky?

Thank you for the response. So let me get this straight. After the interview even if they don't physically give her the Visa yet (if she is approved) she should still go to the CFO? There are two places to go? Prism and Quirino?

They have a 2 hour interview? What information does she need? Just my mother's maiden name or anything else that may be tricky?

mother's maiden name.

landlines, both here and abroad.

divorce papers if any

passport

ID

marriage cert.

parental consent/parental advice if applicable

Photocopies of everything.

they can withold the CFO, if they see anything suspicious about your data.

BUT usually, they will just make your life harder for a few hours then give you the cert. anyway.

Timeline

Do the CFO first , that what we did . It will help show the Usembassy a bonfidal relationship , at the time of the interview . But after you have your visa in hand , you have to go back too the CFO either in Manila or Cebu City to get the sticker in the passport . Then they will put a dry seal on one of the passport pages , and attach the guidence and counseling certificate to the passport . ( To get the sticker in passport after the visa , is a whole day thing , so you will need to be there early when they first open ). Or you may need to come back the next day to finish the pdos

Timeline

Can She attend the cfo before the embassy interview?

Thanks.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-13

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :?

NVC Received : 2009-05-20

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

mother's maiden name.

divorce papers if any

passport

ID

marriage cert.

BUT usually, they will just make your life harder for a few hours then give you the cert. anyway.

When you say landlines does she only have to know my number or does she need to know my parents' number too?

My fiance doesn't have a landline at home.

Does she have to have them memorized or is it fine if they are written down?

Also can they bring cell phones to the CFO and For the Medical. I know that they can't to the embassy.

mother's maiden name.

divorce papers if any

passport

ID

marriage cert.

When you say landlines does she only have to know my number or does she need to know my parents' number too?

Also can they bring cell phones to the CFO and For the Medical. I know that they can't to the embassy.

well at least let her memorize your number. i dont know any phone number other than my husband's personal and business number... but its good to have some of your family's number on her phone... and also its good to know your home address and the names of your immediate family (that's helpful not only in cfo but so does during the interview)... if she doesnt have a landline, thats fine i bet she has a cellphone??? that should be ok... and yea i had my cellphone w/ me during that time and even communicated w/ my hubby outside the building...

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Thanks.

[/quote/]

Yes, she can attend the cfo seminar even before the interview and after the seminar she will be given a seminar certificate. Better to attend the seminar after she gets her visa for her to make only one trip because she will not be able to get the cfo sticker/stamp without her passport with visa in it. :star:

Edited by Manika

mother's maiden name.

divorce papers if any

passport

ID

marriage cert.

Lindlines, yours and hers. if she doesn't have one.. find a friend who knows her and has a landline or the neighbor's lindline.

they will insist on this and will make your life a living hell if you don't have any.

Yes, she can bring a paper with all the details or her celphone. No problem.

She can have the seminar anytime (before visa or after visa), better after visa so that she'll only make 1 trip. If she goes before the visa, she will have to come back once she has the visa to have it stickered (no more payment).

Timeline

Thanks.

definitely YES. I did my CFO one month before my interview

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

mother's maiden name.

divorce papers if any

passport

ID

marriage cert.

Lindlines, yours and hers. if she doesn't have one.. find a friend who knows her and has a landline or the neighbor's lindline.

they will insist on this and will make your life a living hell if you don't have any.

Yes, she can bring a paper with all the details or her celphone. No problem.

She can have the seminar anytime (before visa or after visa), better after visa so that she'll only make 1 trip. If she goes before the visa, she will have to come back once she has the visa to have it stickered (no more payment).

Is it fine for her to tell them that it is a friend's landline? Most people don't have one do they?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.