SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I really wanted to go to Aruba Memorial Day weekend but Mr. Workaholic said No. There's a big soul festival there...I could have been there while he visits his mother :whistle: Maybe I'll end up in JA..

Speaking of Aruba...I watched the Natalie Holloway movie on Lifetime last night. Anyone else catch it?

I did it was pretty good and so sad. I wish he wouldn’t have thrown her in the sea. I wish he would have left her and called for help anonymously. Like what if she still was alive? It also made me see how foolish and blessed I am. I only met my SO once and then the next time I seen him he was picking me up at the airport and we wee on our way to his freaking house. Like he could have killed me and no one would have known where ta find me. When I think back I realize how lucky I really am that he was/is a good guy. Man oh man I do feel so foolish....

I also watched the movie after that where the lady got her girl back after six years. She knew that was her baby and she was right and I also watched The #1 Ladies Detective Agency. Jill Scott must have really studied hard for that part because has that accent down pact!!

I agree about the sea. Did ya catch where she wiggled her fingers just after they put her in the boat. And who helped him....the dad?? I remember when it was really happening and the scoured the island looking for her and I had the thought back then that they dropped her in the sea and the sea creatures took her away.

I watched the 2nd one too - I agree she was awesome!! And the one before the Natalie Holloway movie. :whistle: Been a long time since I watched 3 Lifetime movies in a row. I was in the "mood" yesterday.... :blink:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

wha ya sey dada.. CHA.. ya wa jus vex ca mi nuh go back a yard wid ya!! sorry star.. mi man in nassau now.. YOU ON UR OWN in ja!!!! i said prayer for ur safety LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey sol.. good to see u.. wedding plans going well, i pray...

hey honey, sorry bout di computa.. hope u don't go thru vj withdrawal

Timeline

Ells I bought Hotel Rwanda and I can't watch it! It makes me so sad I was only able to watch it once. My daughter had a project on Rwanda last year and I was helping her with it so I had to get books about the genocide. I skimmed some books written by survivors it was HORRIBLE! It made me so sad and the lady had pictures of her entire family in the book and most had been killed. She only lived because she was in the states when all that was taking place. Then I remember Oprah had a show about it and they were talking about how the surviving women were raped etc and how a lot got HIV and or babies from their rapist! The entire situation is just terrible and I don't know how the world could have just sat around and do nothing about that situation for so long.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Hey Quana!!

Ells I bought Hotel Rwanda and I can't watch it! It makes me so sad I was only able to watch it once. My daughter had a project on Rwanda last year and I was helping her with it so I had to get books about the genocide. I skimmed some books written by survivors it was HORRIBLE! It made me so sad and the lady had pictures of her entire family in the book and most had been killed. She only lived because she was in the states when all that was taking place. Then I remember Oprah had a show about it and they were talking about how the surviving women were raped etc and how a lot got HIV and or babies from their rapist! The entire situation is just terrible and I don't know how the world could have just sat around and do nothing about that situation for so long.

Well hello ms. Sol!!!

Edited by KKHoliday

Timeline
wha ya sey dada.. CHA.. ya wa jus vex ca mi nuh go back a yard wid ya!! sorry star.. mi man in nassau now.. YOU ON UR OWN in ja!!!! i said prayer for ur safety LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Quana I like your hair in your avitar. Yes the wedding plans are going fine. Time is quickly passing so it will be July before I know it.

hi KK how have you been?

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
I did it was pretty good and so sad. I wish he wouldn’t have thrown her in the sea. I wish he would have left her and called for help anonymously. Like what if she still was alive? It also made me see how foolish and blessed I am. I only met my SO once and then the next time I seen him he was picking me up at the airport and we wee on our way to his freaking house. Like he could have killed me and no one would have known where ta find me. When I think back I realize how lucky I really am that he was/is a good guy. Man oh man I do feel so foolish....

I also watched the movie after that where the lady got her girl back after six years. She knew that was her baby and she was right and I also watched The #1 Ladies Detective Agency. Jill Scott must have really studied hard for that part because has that accent down pact!!

I feel the same way since I also went down alone for our first 'real' meeting after meeting the 1st time. Of course, I'm so glad I took that risk now and thankful too that he's a good guy.

This weekend I watched Hotel Rwanda on PBS Sat night & Blood Diamond last night. I've had enough of African civil war movies for a while.....it's just heartbreaking to watch & imagine the terrors that the people there have gone through. Then it feels even worse knowing that there's little any of us will ever be able to do to help the situation. Let me tell you one thing though, I haven't been too keen on diamonds ever since the conflict back in the late 90s & NOW, I really don't want any diamonds.....EVER!

So what will you do about your wedding rings? Will the two of you just do bands or will this be the one exception??

I know I remember my trip all the way up to the trip I kept thinking I am out of my mind but I wasn’t worried about my safety I was worried would he be there to pick me up, would we get along, will I be able to handle staying at a yaad and not a hotel/ resort, will his friends like me, will I be able to manage the food, will the :whistle: be good (hey I’m just keeping it real) you know all these silly things and never once about my safety. Man was I crazy!!!

I went to immigration and when I told them where I would be staying she looked at me like I was crazy. She was like umm are you familiar with this area. I was like no she was like umph well be very careful. That is when I started thinking ok, maybe this wasn’t the best idea. LOL But he was there, I loved the house, the food was great his friends liked me and well the other things :thumbs: . Well I'm still going back anent I!!!!! LMAO!!!

Timeline

i always use that as an example sol, i too believe we should have provided more help. its like when do we as a country intervene and when do we mind our own business..its a fine line, i wouldn't want to be a leader in those kinds of times..

Timeline

i always use that as an example sol, i too believe we should have provided more help. its like when do we as a country intervene and when do we mind our own business..its a fine line, i wouldn't want to be a leader in those kinds of times..

You know this was going on the same time as Bosnia or some ish like that so I will keep my opinions as to why the US didn't want to get involved I'm sure you can figure out what I think the reason was!

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

You need a laugh?............................Look up Richard Cheese videos on YouTube. He takes rock songs and makes them into lounge music. You will die laughing. ** YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL is hilarious. The rest are pretty good too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Oh girl yuh did mi so dirty I'm surprised I'm still talking to you. We both came up with the idea to go together. We were both supposed ta stay at RG's house together but you politely came back and told me NO then you came back and told me RG moved so I was on my own. Aghhh I was so upset with you. I was really not going to go but no you pushed me so you wouldn't look crazy by yourself!! And now look at me two years later still going. Thanks alot Quana!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Let me tell you one thing though, I haven't been too keen on diamonds ever since the conflict back in the late 90s & NOW, I really don't want any diamonds.....EVER!

So what will you do about your wedding rings? Will the two of you just do bands or will this be the one exception??

there is NO way that i will have a newly mined diamond from africia- no way

i either want a plain gold wedding band, old skool style

if it was good enough for my mom/grandma its good enough for me

or gold stacking rings

but if my mother decides to gift me my greatgrandmothers wedding ring im not going to complain

(keep dreaming)

Is this a joke?? Hmmmm....

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/dmg/1131718692.html

Edited by JaEnglishGirl

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow i just read that post and all i can say is wow

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You know guys, I saw this on the Early Show this morning...my biggest thing is how in the heezy did this man manage to get through the security? As many armed officers as I see in JA? :blink:

On a brighter note, I will be headed 2 JA next Sunday (4/26-4/30). My husband needs me (not that he normally doesn't, but the last couple of weeks he's sounded more and more desperate and down :crying: , so I've going 2 be with him for a likkle while). Will anybody be down there during that time?

Good evening ladies, Ms Palmer we will be leaving on the same day but I will be retutning on tuesday the 28th a very short trip.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.