SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies this morning my daughter and i got some terrible news this set of twins in her class their mother passed away this weekend to cancer . the girls mom and i went on so many field trip together (the kids have been together in school since day one) so we all knew her very well . It a wonderful thing to see these children pulling together to support the girls who to my amazement still wanted to go to school . The whole 5th grade class is so sad. My daughter said to me this morning mom whats the best thing i can do to help i prayed for them but what else can i do ..i told her just be there when they need you .

Awww that was sooo thoughtful of your daughter......I am glad the class is coming together to be there for them

Ok ladies im off to work :unsure: will check in lata!

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Goats don't bite lol!!

As for the patois thing, it's funny when I'm here, I speak the Queen's English straight. None of my co-workers think I can speak patois. When I'm in Jamaica, you honestly cannot hear a trace of an accent.

Remember one time I went downtown and was buying some earrings in a shop and the saleslady was passing remarks because she was saying I was uneducated because my patois was so thick ROFL ROFL

Even this past trip was talking to a Brinks security guard and he asked me how long I'd been away and I said since 94, he then asked me how comes I never caught the accent abroad :rofl:

English; from I've been in the states my accent mixedup, sometimes people ask me to repeat what I've just said, it just kicks in. Most time if I'm around other Jamaicans they ask me if i just come up here. Sometimes, if I'm explaing something or I'm giving a presentation...worse if I'm around Jamaicans or other west indians and I've been here 29 years now. I'm country, so my patwah caan lef mi, some people are in a rush to get rid of the accent and TWANG, which I can't STAND. If you a Jamaican and u start chat to mi n a TWANG the conversation done right der...twaning irrates me and I can't understand it. I love our accent I think it's beautiful...when I went to school in Jamaica I was forbidden to speak PATWAH, we had to speak the "QUEEN's ENGLISH" -- the private school I went to in Jamaica was ran by a church in England and mek one piece a patwah come out u mouth and they would BEAT you, my brother got it the worse. They spank me a few times, because I'd forgotten, but a no something u can just turn aff. The teachers would sometimes tell us, "you can't talk like that when you leave Jamaica, because no one will be able to understand you" and of course me and my brite self would say -- "A LIE DAT...NUTIN NO GO SO"...so, you know what happened after that.

ah buss a@@ nuh true :rofl::rofl:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
My2 I know how it feels not to hear from ya babes......thats why we talk everyday....even its for a lil.....eases my mind when I hear his voice especially since I havent been back since Feb

:wacko:

he has called everyday but our conversations havent been as lengthy and everytime he says baby im sorry i miss talking to you but i got to do this or that plus he reuniting with his friend who lives in the us .. right now i know they are partying hard the wedding was this afternoon .... his friend who lives here said i know you ready for me to leave so you guys can go back to normal...

And I know you laughed at him and said “Of course not I hope you all have a wonderful time down there”, BUT in your mind you was like hell yeah would you go home already!!! LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you . My daughter at a young age has dealt with the loss of people she is close to her uncle(my brother) her grandaddy on her fatherside and other family friends she was close to so she is always trying to help others she is such a loving child .

Your daughter definitely seems very mature and sympathetic for her age. I know some adults that could take notes from her...

Digicel email:

customercare@digicelgroup.com

Thanks for providing this. I was looking all over their website last night and couldn't find the email address.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I'm so frustrated by Digicel's website!

First of all, how you gonna increase the cost of the international plan to $1200, but NOT change the top-up options so that a person can purchase $1200 in credit with one purchase. Tired of dealing with my bank denying these int'l charges and having to spend 10 minutes on the phone with the fraud department.

Second, Steven's sister is competing in Digicel Rising Stars this year. :dance: I was really hoping to see a clip of her audition, but the clips on Digicel's Rising Stars website are from last year, and no matter which audition city you click, you see the same Mandeville clips. Even if I couldn't watch the audition, I was hoping to be able to vote for her online, but didn't see an option for that. I guess we'll just wait until Friday to see if she is one of the top 3 from Montego Bay.

Nat…. honey….. :blink: I’m not used to seeing this side of you. I’m getting scared. Am I rubbing off on you? Your normally so mild mannered but babe when you don’t have a trip planned to see Steven you can be downright angry. :devil:I like it.. I like it… LOL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My2 I know how it feels not to hear from ya babes......thats why we talk everyday....even its for a lil.....eases my mind when I hear his voice especially since I havent been back since Feb

:wacko:

he has called everyday but our conversations havent been as lengthy and everytime he says baby im sorry i miss talking to you but i got to do this or that plus he reuniting with his friend who lives in the us .. right now i know they are partying hard the wedding was this afternoon .... his friend who lives here said i know you ready for me to leave so you guys can go back to normal...

And I know you laughed at him and said “Of course not I hope you all have a wonderful time down there”, BUT in your mind you was like hell yeah would you go home already!!! LOL

yeah you are so right ... He friends are great though the one that lives in the states calls me from time to time to make sure im managing ok ... of course at first it was weird cause i never thought he would call me cause my fiance had gone back. but my fiance was like he just looking out

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you . My daughter at a young age has dealt with the loss of people she is close to her uncle(my brother) her grandaddy on her fatherside and other family friends she was close to so she is always trying to help others she is such a loving child .

Your daughter definitely seems very mature and sympathetic for her age. I know some adults that could take notes from her...

Digicel email:

customercare@digicelgroup.com

Thanks for providing this. I was looking all over their website last night and couldn't find the email address.

she is and it still amazes me

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

good morning all!!

sorry to hear about the loss my2.. i just can't even imagine a child losing their mother at such a young age.. ur daughter is a great friend..

i know how u feel not talking to ur honey when u want.. communication is the crux of a LDR so when u don't get to have those long talks, it really affects me anyway..

the ex DID NOT pick up the girls and ignored all my calls becuz the girls kept asking me was he coming. and then he calld my daughter on HER phone at 9pm to say that he was coming today instead.. i tell ya.. this man KEEP doing things to make me not regret my decision of leaving him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ya'll know Jamaicans remake EVERY song lol.. i just heard the reggae version of "breathe" at a picnic last weekend. my daughter who HATES dancehall looked at me and just rolled her eyes...

we do? :whistle:

Yes the funniest one I heard so far was Neo's remake. I have the nerve to love that song buts its X rated... Mi tink it go " Can yuh tek it frum de the left can you tek it from the right..." Whoo that's my joint.

"Ever man grab a gyal and every gyal grab a man...."

ramping shop

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I sent my email to Digicel customer service. I hope they update the top up amounts and the Digicel Rising Stars page. :bonk:

Also, someone on here (was it KK?) was looking for a digitcal camera for about $150. Check out www.buy.com. I get their daily deals email and they have two digitcal cameras on sale right now.

Nat…. honey….. :blink: I’m not used to seeing this side of you. I’m getting scared. Am I rubbing off on you? Your normally so mild mannered but babe when you don’t have a trip planned to see Steven you can be downright angry. :devil:I like it.. I like it… LOL

:lol::hehe: Sometimes I get frustrated by how things are in Jamaica & how businesses operate. I used to want to move there in 7-10 years, but the more I see how businesses operate, the longer that timeline gets.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

:ot: Do the goat in Jamaica bite people?

nah goats are harmless but intelligent creatures

can i tell you how one time i saw a goat walking with her afterbirth hanging out :blink:

i love them though

if i had it my way i'd start an animal farm and rescue all the stray animals no joke

i went downtown to help feed homeless ppl on sunday

and while my colleagues were feeding the ppl i was tempted to sneak out some of the food for the stray dogs lol

Bunz - I think my husband would have a zoo in our house if I'll allow him. We have dog and fish. He has bird feeder and bird bath in yard. Then a stray cat comes and trys to catch the birds and eat them. The cat actually caught a bird too.

Good morning everyone ..although it is my day off i have to get up to get my daughter to school extra early because she is in 4h club and the darn teacher always likes them to meet at 7 in the morning its crazy cause the usually got to get up at 7 to get ready for school . and my kids are not morning people but wouldn't you know it she was up with no complaints today lol . i guess when its something they want to do and not have to do .

Yup. Like, getting up to go to work for 8 am... :angry: But getting up at 6am to head to Jamaica! :dance:

Morning, All.

Or not even going to sleep...just staying up because you have a 7 am flight from BWI on Air Jamaica. Those were the days. I would be knocked out sleep on the plane. But once I got to Jamaica..wide awake.

Good morning DaDa!!!!!!!

I sent my email to Digicel customer service. I hope they update the top up amounts and the Digicel Rising Stars page. :bonk:

Also, someone on here (was it KK?) was looking for a digitcal camera for about $150. Check out www.buy.com. I get their daily deals email and they have two digitcal cameras on sale right now.

:lol::hehe: Sometimes I get frustrated by how things are in Jamaica & how businesses operate. I used to want to move there in 7-10 years, but the more I see how businesses operate, the longer that timeline gets.

Nope not me...

I think that it would be nice to live in Jamaica...if you had a lot of money. Shallow I know...but I would want to be able to fly back to US and other Islands as I want. :blush:

Filed: Timeline
good morning all!!

sorry to hear about the loss my2.. i just can't even imagine a child losing their mother at such a young age.. ur daughter is a great friend..

i know how u feel not talking to ur honey when u want.. communication is the crux of a LDR so when u don't get to have those long talks, it really affects me anyway..

the ex DID NOT pick up the girls and ignored all my calls becuz the girls kept asking me was he coming. and then he calld my daughter on HER phone at 9pm to say that he was coming today instead.. i tell ya.. this man KEEP doing things to make me not regret my decision of leaving him.

Q -- u know I share your PAIN, mine does this to me also and then when we went to court he told them that I was hold his son hostage. My son will sit at the screendoor looking outside waiting for his dad to pick him up, then a NO SHOW! -- so, the Judge told me if he doesn't call 1/2 hr before the pick up time to let me know he's going to be late or not comming at all and the time has pasted to go about my business.

1luv; of course dem buss mi BAXIDE, then the teacher that's beating pure PATWAH a come outah fi ar mout

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.