SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
www.ezetop.com

I've never had a problem! :no::thumbs:

Thanks. Signing up now!

Bunz, I found out Steven's sister is performing using her real name, Suzanna.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm so frustrated by Digicel's website!

First of all, how you gonna increase the cost of the international plan to $1200, but NOT change the top-up options so that a person can purchase $1200 in credit with one purchase. Tired of dealing with my bank denying these int'l charges and having to spend 10 minutes on the phone with the fraud department.

(((Nat))) :no:

honey...

www.ezetop.com

i use eztop also and never have a problem

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Goats don't bite lol!!

As for the patois thing, it's funny when I'm here, I speak the Queen's English straight. None of my co-workers think I can speak patois. When I'm in Jamaica, you honestly cannot hear a trace of an accent.

Remember one time I went downtown and was buying some earrings in a shop and the saleslady was passing remarks because she was saying I was uneducated because my patois was so thick ROFL ROFL

Even this past trip was talking to a Brinks security guard and he asked me how long I'd been away and I said since 94, he then asked me how comes I never caught the accent abroad :rofl:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Good morning everyone ..although it is my day off i have to get up to get my daughter to school extra early because she is in 4h club and the darn teacher always likes them to meet at 7 in the morning its crazy cause the usually got to get up at 7 to get ready for school . and my kids are not morning people but wouldn't you know it she was up with no complaints today lol . i guess when its something they want to do and not have to do .

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone ..although it is my day off i have to get up to get my daughter to school extra early because she is in 4h club and the darn teacher always likes them to meet at 7 in the morning its crazy cause the usually got to get up at 7 to get ready for school . and my kids are not morning people but wouldn't you know it she was up with no complaints today lol . i guess when its something they want to do and not have to do .

Yup. Like, getting up to go to work for 8 am... :angry: But getting up at 6am to head to Jamaica! :dance:

Morning, All.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all!

I rarely get to hear the raw born patois from my hubby. He won't speak it around me...won't teach it to me. He sees it as a sign of respect for only speaking proper english to me. Which explains why I don't have much trouble understanding him. Oh...but when we see his cousin...and they get to talking..it comes out..and I just sit there and suck it all in. She even asks me if I understand...and I'm like yep.

:ot: I miss Ells... :cry:

roger doesn't speak it either kk.. in fact he speak such good english w/ very lil accent, u could hardly tell he was jamaican. :angry: no fun at all.. but like u say when he speaks to other jamaicans.. i just sit back and enjoy.. :yes:

his whole being changes tho..he is a very soft spoken man, but he talk rough when he speak patois.. i tell him go back to english..

Yeah Roc never spoke patios much. He always spoke English and good English at that. That is why he would get mad when I asked him different patios words. He swore I was talking to another Jamaican and shoot if I knew what I knew now I would have but anyway he said his grandmudda would not let him speak patios around her. Even though she didn’t understand English that well. She said she didn’t want him to end up like her. I only hear him speak patios to his friends and when he’s mad at me he’ll speak it. I guess so he can say things I can’t understand but I would always tell him what eva he said back to him.. One time he was arguing with his mom and he turned to me and went off. I guess he forgot I didn’t speak patios and had the nerve to be sitting there shaking my head like I knew what he was saying. When he was calm and he realized what he did he could only laugh and me too and then I was like soooo can you tell me what you were saying now.... LOL

DJ will call me and not want anyone around him to realize he is talking to an American, so he'll chat thick patois - it takes a minute, I am like Huh?

The best was years ago when I was out to see a friend's band play - they had a new drummer. The band took a break - the drummer sat there making very sexual remarks about me in patois to my friend - I just sat there playing dumb = then he asked my friend in patois to ask me for a cigarette - I took the pack and handed it to him - his jaw dropped, and everyone cracked up and told him that I understood everything he had said.

I knwo right.. I'm workign on them bcuz I have never talked this much. you ladies are brigning me out of my shell... LOL

Dada When were you in a shell? :no:

ya'll did Jah Cure CD FINALLY come out??? are there some good love songs?? i was hearing alot of the kind of upbeat ones on youtube..

Quana where you been? I thought you didn't like the cd? You should give it a chance it has grown on me and now I have about played the words off the cd! :) The song with call on me is nice and so is forever. I think you will like it give it a chance.

I love Call on Me! I have been playing that constantly

my hubby is a born and bred new yorker and he hasn't had much exposure to west indians so it took us a whole to get accustomed to each other

he has caught on somewhat though

but he lets me do all the talking when we're in jamaica

lmao i took him to coronation market once when he was in jamaica on a real market day when the place did well full

laaaaaaawd the poor man, looked terrified

said he felt like he was in india in those REALLY crowded streets

and he can't understand a word anyone is saying

we agreed we wouldn't go there again lol

Bunz, your hubby must have never gone to Brooklyn on Labor Day :rofl:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Yup. Like, getting up to go to work for 8 am... :angry: But getting up at 6am to head to Jamaica! :dance:

Morning, All.

i think we all agree with this one ... we will get up no problem when it something we wnat to do

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

I agree Nat and My2....when we are heading to JA we will wake up so early with no problem.....actually excited to get up that early but to go to work its like please one more hour...lol

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Filed: Timeline
Goats don't bite lol!!

As for the patois thing, it's funny when I'm here, I speak the Queen's English straight. None of my co-workers think I can speak patois. When I'm in Jamaica, you honestly cannot hear a trace of an accent.

Remember one time I went downtown and was buying some earrings in a shop and the saleslady was passing remarks because she was saying I was uneducated because my patois was so thick ROFL ROFL

Even this past trip was talking to a Brinks security guard and he asked me how long I'd been away and I said since 94, he then asked me how comes I never caught the accent abroad :rofl:

English; from I've been in the states my accent mixedup, sometimes people ask me to repeat what I've just said, it just kicks in. Most time if I'm around other Jamaicans they ask me if i just come up here. Sometimes, if I'm explaing something or I'm giving a presentation...worse if I'm around Jamaicans or other west indians and I've been here 29 years now. I'm country, so my patwah caan lef mi, some people are in a rush to get rid of the accent and TWANG, which I can't STAND. If you a Jamaican and u start chat to mi n a TWANG the conversation done right der...twaning irrates me and I can't understand it. I love our accent I think it's beautiful...when I went to school in Jamaica I was forbidden to speak PATWAH, we had to speak the "QUEEN's ENGLISH" -- the private school I went to in Jamaica was ran by a church in England and mek one piece a patwah come out u mouth and they would BEAT you, my brother got it the worse. They spank me a few times, because I'd forgotten, but a no something u can just turn aff. The teachers would sometimes tell us, "you can't talk like that when you leave Jamaica, because no one will be able to understand you" and of course me and my brite self would say -- "A LIE DAT...NUTIN NO GO SO"...so, you know what happened after that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I'm so frustrated by Digicel's website!

First of all, how you gonna increase the cost of the international plan to $1200, but NOT change the top-up options so that a person can purchase $1200 in credit with one purchase. Tired of dealing with my bank denying these int'l charges and having to spend 10 minutes on the phone with the fraud department.

(((Nat))) :no:

honey...

www.ezetop.com

JA I gotta try that one too.....thanx

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Timeline
Goats don't bite lol!!

English; from I've been in the states my accent mixedup, sometimes people ask me to repeat what I've just said, it just kicks in. Most time if I'm around other Jamaicans they ask me if i just come up here. Sometimes, if I'm explaing something or I'm giving a presentation...worse if I'm around Jamaicans or other west indians and I've been here 29 years now. I'm country, so my patwah caan lef mi, some people are in a rush to get rid of the accent and TWANG, which I can't STAND. If you a Jamaican and u start chat to mi n a TWANG the conversation done right der...twaning irrates me and I can't understand it. I love our accent I think it's beautiful...when I went to school in Jamaica I was forbidden to speak PATWAH, we had to speak the "QUEEN's ENGLISH" -- the private school I went to in Jamaica was ran by a church in England and mek one piece a patwah come out u mouth and they would BEAT you, my brother got it the worse. They spank me a few times, because I'd forgotten, but a no something u can just turn aff. The teachers would sometimes tell us, "you can't talk like that when you leave Jamaica, because no one will be able to understand you" and of course me and my brite self would say -- "A LIE DAT...NUTIN NO GO SO"...so, you know what happened after that.

Lawny I understand wat you sayin but with me since I came here since I was six ppl dont think I am Jamaican.....the only time the accent kicks in is at home or with fellow yardies or if I am mad then it sneaks in......but like u said sometimes it mix up I would say something in Patwah den back to proper english.....lol

The one thing I don't like with EZEtop is that their exchange rate is not great - Digicel is better. Maybe we should all email Digicel and argue for increased top up amounts -

Good idea Sus

Timeline

Ladies this morning my daughter and i got some terrible news this set of twins in her class their mother passed away this weekend to cancer . the girls mom and i went on so many field trip together (the kids have been together in school since day one) so we all knew her very well . It a wonderful thing to see these children pulling together to support the girls who to my amazement still wanted to go to school . The whole 5th grade class is so sad. My daughter said to me this morning mom whats the best thing i can do to help i prayed for them but what else can i do ..i told her just be there when they need you .

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Timeline
Ladies this morning my daughter and i got some terrible news this set of twins in her class their mother passed away this weekend to cancer . the girls mom and i went on so many field trip together (the kids have been together in school since day one) so we all knew her very well . It a wonderful thing to see these children pulling together to support the girls who to my amazement still wanted to go to school . The whole 5th grade class is so sad. My daughter said to me this morning mom whats the best thing i can do to help i prayed for them but what else can i do ..i told her just be there when they need you .

So sorry to hear this, I'll pray for their family and what you told your daugther is true (just be there)...sometimes that's all a person needs to here.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

So sorry to hear this, I'll pray for their family and what you told your daugther is true (just be there)...sometimes that's all a person needs to here.

Thank you . My daughter at a young age has dealt with the loss of people she is close to her uncle(my brother) her grandaddy on her fatherside and other family friends she was close to so she is always trying to help others she is such a loving child .

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.