SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If you Skype from computer to computer, it is the best cost of all: $0.00! But both of you need to have an internet connection to use it. Otherwise, calls to Jamaica (Skype to phone) are somewhere between 20 & 25 cents. That's no cheaper than Rebtel or Ringyard, and if you go that way, may as well have him call you with Digicel international.

Yeah I saw that. I just switched to Vonage on the home phone and their rate is 25cents a minute so that's just a few cents more than Ringyard. I don't understand why there are no good international plans in the US to call Jamaica. :angry: I told him it would cost less to put the Digicel international on all his friend's phone than him to call them all the time on Ringyard. We have it on his old phone which Jr now has but that's it.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yankeesgirl - The Hotel Gloriana - When my auntie got married last year some of my family stayed there so I’m a little familiar with it. I thought it was a little too far walking back at night from M’ville (and then they walked back one night from Pier One) but it was a lot of us so it was ok. Overall I liked it (not a five star) but thought it was something I wanted to try out on one of my return trips and maybe reserve a block of rooms for family to stay again for my wedding. But I have read so many bad reviews that I have been hesitant. So you would recommend staying here?

Check Shrewgal always - she is a BIG fan of the place - she'll give you a review.

Ooh, thanks Island. :thumbs:

(Shrewgal pm coming your way.)

Hey guys!

Yep I have stayed there tons. Mrs G. is pretty good to work with :)

PM me anything you need,.

We walked from there to everywhere, even the little plaza down with pizza hut and the shopping centers

It is near Dr. Cove and everything

If you get one of the rooms on the first level (pool side) they dont reserve them but there are ALWAYS rooms available its something like $40/night

not 5 star, but a good bargain

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks guys for the well wishes. Hubby just spoke to her and she is doing a lil better. her pressure went down and she is going to the dr to get her sugar read.

IW.......she has a daughter who lives with her, so she is taking care of her :star:

How dare u SUS...we want t o know details NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :angry:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh and i must say thanks for the suggestions for where to stay in mobay.....me and richard ended up staying at the glorianna inn last month and we were pleasantly impressed......it was not a 5 star hotel but i was cheap, clean, convenient location, great staff, etc and we are planning to stay there again next month when me and my mom take the babies down for fathers day and their birthday next month......the only down fall is that its not so close to ochi and i didnt get to see anyone last time i visited......i think we are going to take one day this trip and spend the day in ochi so the family can see the babies

Yankeesgirl - The Hotel Gloriana - When my auntie got married last year some of my family stayed there so I’m a little familiar with it. I thought it was a little too far walking back at night from M’ville (and then they walked back one night from Pier One) but it was a lot of us so it was ok. Overall I liked it (not a five star) but thought it was something I wanted to try out on one of my return trips and maybe reserve a block of rooms for family to stay again for my wedding. But I have read so many bad reviews that I have been hesitant. So you would recommend staying here?

Glorainna huhhhhh I know where that is…(sniff sniff)

DaDa - don’t mean to add to your sniffles :( but you’re a Mobay girl, would you recommend it? Have you ever stayed at Toby’s?

I personally didn't care for Glorianna. One of my online friends stays there for months at a time...we even requested "her room". The room was awful - dirty, music too loud from the pool, little tv. However, my friend stayed a few doors down and her room was nicer. They would not swtich my rooms and it was not hardly full. I would stay there again if I had no choice and Damien will NEVER stay there again...he won't even look it when he ride pass it :unsure:

Welcome back Sus.

really? we never have any problem. one time hubby went down a night early to get the room and such and when I came the next morning, the owner called to see if that room was ok for us (it was a smaller room) and I said it was okay but she insisted we get a better room so she had the bell hop show us three more rooms.

They will do that. They show you the rooms before you pick which one you want.

But they also knew us from before because I first went there with a fairly large mission group.

The pool DOES get loud, but it didnt bother us. Our room was always clean.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline
oh and i must say thanks for the suggestions for where to stay in mobay.....me and richard ended up staying at the glorianna inn last month and we were pleasantly impressed......it was not a 5 star hotel but i was cheap, clean, convenient location, great staff, etc and we are planning to stay there again next month when me and my mom take the babies down for fathers day and their birthday next month......the only down fall is that its not so close to ochi and i didnt get to see anyone last time i visited......i think we are going to take one day this trip and spend the day in ochi so the family can see the babies

Yankeesgirl - The Hotel Gloriana - When my auntie got married last year some of my family stayed there so I'm a little familiar with it. I thought it was a little too far walking back at night from M'ville (and then they walked back one night from Pier One) but it was a lot of us so it was ok. Overall I liked it (not a five star) but thought it was something I wanted to try out on one of my return trips and maybe reserve a block of rooms for family to stay again for my wedding. But I have read so many bad reviews that I have been hesitant. So you would recommend staying here?

Glorainna huhhhhh I know where that is…(sniff sniff)

DaDa - don't mean to add to your sniffles :( but you're a Mobay girl, would you recommend it? Have you ever stayed at Toby's?

I personally didn't care for Glorianna. One of my online friends stays there for months at a time...we even requested "her room". The room was awful - dirty, music too loud from the pool, little tv. However, my friend stayed a few doors down and her room was nicer. They would not swtich my rooms and it was not hardly full. I would stay there again if I had no choice and Damien will NEVER stay there again...he won't even look it when he ride pass it :unsure:

Welcome back Sus.

I don't care for any of the properties on or near the strip. If I had no choice and had to stay there I would bring my own SHEETS, TOWELS and PILLOWS....(don't ask) and I would have to see the room first.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Well, just checking in real quick since we're at an internet cafe in Negril. We went to our 7:00 a.m. interview yesterday and......

WE WERE APPROVED!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'll post more upon my return in 2 weeks since I don't anticipate being back at a computer until then. I'll tell you all that it went pretty smooth & we were out of there by 9:00 a.m. The ladies that saw us were both very nice. We managed to navigate our way through Kingston although we had a few hairy moments with him not being used to driving in city traffic & me trying to help him with road signs. We also stayed at the Prestige the night before & I highly recommend it.....decent price, A/C, good food & very close to the embassy. Now we just wait for the visa which God & embassy willing will only take 5 days....please pray for us so he can come home with me!

No time to catch up.....gonna have a lot of pages to read when I get back but hope everyone is good!

Lata!

Timeline
DaDa - don’t mean to add to your sniffles :( but you’re a Mobay girl, would you recommend it? Have you ever stayed at Toby’s?

Just stick the knife through my heart will yuh!!!!! No I'm joking. I am familiar with the Toby's but I have never stayed there myself. I have friends that stay there all the time just because they are NEVER in there room. They feel its cheap and convenient so why not. I haven’t stayed at the Glorianna either. Actually I haven’t stayed at many hotels besides the Riu and Sunset because I stayed with Roc but I’m familiar with a lot of the hotels just because I am/was a Mobay girl!!!

Timeline
Afternoon Yardies!

Well, just checking in real quick since we're at an internet cafe in Negril. We went to our 7:00 a.m. interview yesterday and......

WE WERE APPROVED!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'll post more upon my return in 2 weeks since I don't anticipate being back at a computer until then. I'll tell you all that it went pretty smooth & we were out of there by 9:00 a.m. The ladies that saw us were both very nice. We managed to navigate our way through Kingston although we had a few hairy moments with him not being used to driving in city traffic & me trying to help him with road signs. We also stayed at the Prestige the night before & I highly recommend it.....decent price, A/C, good food & very close to the embassy. Now we just wait for the visa which God & embassy willing will only take 5 days....please pray for us so he can come home with me!

No time to catch up.....gonna have a lot of pages to read when I get back but hope everyone is good!

Lata!

Congratulations ELLS have a good trip.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS ELL :dance: X10

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline
If you Skype from computer to computer, it is the best cost of all: $0.00! But both of you need to have an internet connection to use it. Otherwise, calls to Jamaica (Skype to phone) are somewhere between 20 & 25 cents. That's no cheaper than Rebtel or Ringyard, and if you go that way, may as well have him call you with Digicel international.

Yeah I saw that. I just switched to Vonage on the home phone and their rate is 25cents a minute so that's just a few cents more than Ringyard. I don't understand why there are no good international plans in the US to call Jamaica. :angry: I told him it would cost less to put the Digicel international on all his friend's phone than him to call them all the time on Ringyard. We have it on his old phone which Jr now has but that's it.

Does anyone have a Verizon home phone?? I heard from someone that for 19.99 a month you can get 500 minutes. I'm not sure if that is true but worth checking it out.

I had Vonayge before and I hated them. My call always got dropped and the reception was the worst. I dropped them like hot pancakes...

As far as Ringyard I noticed they have done away with the 5.00 calling plan. I tried so hard to purchase 5 dollars the other day and it wouldn’t let me even though the voice response kept saying it did. I played around with it so much I ended up selecting 50 by mistake and of course the transaction went through. I refused to use any of them minutes because I wanted the transaction reversed. Sure enough after calling the company they reversed the charges. Whoo thank goodness…

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.