SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are reading my mind. My MIL in Jamaica has diabetes with high blood pressure. She worsened over the past few days not eating just lying in bed due to weakness. She will prolly have to be admitted to the hospital as I am typing. Which one is worse type 1 or 2. She does not have to take insulin just pills which one is that? My gf's mother lost 2 toes and is totally blind from diabetes or sugar(thats what they call it in Ja). Please keep my MIL in ur prayers :(:(

Sorry to hear 1luv - she is in my prayers. (F) Does she have some good family still there to take care of her?

Yankeesgirl - The Hotel Gloriana - When my auntie got married last year some of my family stayed there so I’m a little familiar with it. I thought it was a little too far walking back at night from M’ville (and then they walked back one night from Pier One) but it was a lot of us so it was ok. Overall I liked it (not a five star) but thought it was something I wanted to try out on one of my return trips and maybe reserve a block of rooms for family to stay again for my wedding. But I have read so many bad reviews that I have been hesitant. So you would recommend staying here?

Check Shrewgal always - she is a BIG fan of the place - she'll give you a review.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Back Sus **Waving** i just got too but im okay cause i will be back in July :)

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are reading my mind. My MIL in Jamaica has diabetes with high blood pressure. She worsened over the past few days not eating just lying in bed due to weakness. She will prolly have to be admitted to the hospital as I am typing. Which one is worse type 1 or 2. She does not have to take insulin just pills which one is that? My gf's mother lost 2 toes and is totally blind from diabetes or sugar(thats what they call it in Ja). Please keep my MIL in ur prayers :(:(

She is definitely in my prayers. My ex-FIL has it and is legally blind. He doesn't take care of himself correctly. My mother's best friend's daughter has it too and she has had several comas...blindness and total kidney failure. Diabetes is serious and very dangerous.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Yankeesgirl - The Hotel Gloriana - When my auntie got married last year some of my family stayed there so I’m a little familiar with it. I thought it was a little too far walking back at night from M’ville (and then they walked back one night from Pier One) but it was a lot of us so it was ok. Overall I liked it (not a five star) but thought it was something I wanted to try out on one of my return trips and maybe reserve a block of rooms for family to stay again for my wedding. But I have read so many bad reviews that I have been hesitant. So you would recommend staying here?

Check Shrewgal always - she is a BIG fan of the place - she'll give you a review.

Ooh, thanks Island. :thumbs:

(Shrewgal pm coming your way.)

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
... I dress to impress and I wear outfits just as sexy as the next woman I just make sure that since I have a little more than her I don’t show as much as her because I believe there is a way for all full figured woman to look sexy but not sleezy or ridiculous as long as you follow the rules. No Pokka dots, stripes, animal prints, flowers or zig zags.

Vertical ones are good.

1luv - I gotta them covered in my prayers.

One of the biggest myths about diabetes is that it is called by eating too much sugar. While that is a factor due to calories and therefore weight gain.

Type 1 is when the body does not produce insulin. This is usually found out during childhood and early adult stage.

Type 2 is either the body does not produce enough insulin or the cells ignore the insulin.

I have a good book that thoroughly explains insulin resitance. People whose cells are insulin resistant are way more likely to get type 2 diabetes. The prevention is the same thing you always hear: eat well & exercise. But beyond that, it's avoiding foods (or portions) that cause insulin spikes. To go a bit :ot: ... when you eat foods high in carbs, you get a lot of glucose in your blood. When your pancreas notices the glucose, it releases insulin. The insulin carries the glucose from your blood to your cells to use for energy. Whatever is left is carried to your fat cells for storage. However, some people's cells don't really like to let the insulin in, so the glucose and insulin stay in your blood. The more glucose in your blood, the more insulin that gets released. So the glucose stays in your blood & the pancreas keeps releasing more insulin. Eventually, there is so much insulin knocking on your cells' doors that they have to let some in. But the more insulin there is, the more the glucose will be converted to fat. So to avoid getting these insulin spikes that are required for converting glucose to fat, avoid eating foods high in sugar. One of the many books I have on this topic suggests that you keep your high-sugar food intake limited to one hour per day. So if you're having a pasta meal, eat it within one hour instead of throughout the day. That way, you minimize your insulin spike to once. Other books talk about not eating lots of sugar at all, so you never have the insulin spikes. To me, it's whatever you can live with. Some days, I try to avoid insulin spikes altogether and other days if I know I'mma eat a lot of carbs/sugar, I try to do it at one time instead of throughout the day. I don't have diabetes, but I have a feeling my cells are insulin resistant, so I'm trying to take care now. :ot2:

Disclaimer: I'm no doctor. I gathered that info from books. Don't take my word for it, though.

Glad you guys got the Skype figured out!! I was just checking into the rates for it cuz the phone bill has jumped sky high again in the last two weeks.

If you Skype from computer to computer, it is the best cost of all: $0.00! But both of you need to have an internet connection to use it. Otherwise, calls to Jamaica (Skype to phone) are somewhere between 20 & 25 cents. That's no cheaper than Rebtel or Ringyard, and if you go that way, may as well have him call you with Digicel international.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Hey Sus...should we add Mrs to the title (I've been praying that you guys would work it out)...I want to see pictures and hear all about your trip. :thumbs:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Hi All!

I am home :cry: and back at work! The trip was good - will give more details later on, right now I have a zillion things to catch up on -

Welcome back, Sus! Looking forward to hearing the good news.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Hi All!

I am home :cry: and back at work! The trip was good - will give more details later on, right now I have a zillion things to catch up on -

seriously.. :angry: Sus...u always do this to us. Give a short and sweet updated and dash away. :crying:

:ot: I'm going to let you know I've been hanging around this site waiting on you to pop up. And this is the details I get. Hummmbuggg.

Okay...I'm so glad your trip was good. I don't know but you were on my mind on my way into work this morning. :luv:

I'll have to patiently wait on the details..:clock:

Timeline

She is definitely in my prayers. My ex-FIL has it and is legally blind. He doesn't take care of himself correctly. My mother's best friend's daughter has it too and she has had several comas...blindness and total kidney failure. Diabetes is serious and very dangerous.

One of my very dear associate pastors had to have both his legs amputated and last year he passed away and then one of the little girls in my son's school slipped into a coma and passed away because they did not take care of themselves correctly. It is very serious and dangerous but I think gestational diabetes can be more easily controlled if you know you are at risk so I'm glad you are paying attention to the possibility and taking preventative methods.

1luv your MIL is in my prayers. (F)

Hi All!

Welcome back, Sus! Looking forward to hearing the good news.

:thumbs:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh and i must say thanks for the suggestions for where to stay in mobay.....me and richard ended up staying at the glorianna inn last month and we were pleasantly impressed......it was not a 5 star hotel but i was cheap, clean, convenient location, great staff, etc and we are planning to stay there again next month when me and my mom take the babies down for fathers day and their birthday next month......the only down fall is that its not so close to ochi and i didnt get to see anyone last time i visited......i think we are going to take one day this trip and spend the day in ochi so the family can see the babies

Glorainna huhhhhh I know where that is…(sniff sniff)

DaDa - don’t mean to add to your sniffles :( but you’re a Mobay girl, would you recommend it? Have you ever stayed at Toby’s?

I personally didn't care for Glorianna. One of my online friends stays there for months at a time...we even requested "her room". The room was awful - dirty, music too loud from the pool, little tv. However, my friend stayed a few doors down and her room was nicer. They would not swtich my rooms and it was not hardly full. I would stay there again if I had no choice and Damien will NEVER stay there again...he won't even look it when he ride pass it :unsure:

Welcome back Sus.

Timeline

Welcome back sus can't wait to hear about your trip.

So Ells hasn't called anyone to tell us her good news. We are going to have to get here when she gets back!

I know someone else has an interview this week..brb going to check.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

It is Unrulygal...her interview is Friday the 29th...good luck to her!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.