SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Hey everyone it's Wakey..I'm sitting hear with Jawi and just reading all the recent post. We went to the doctor today and will need to have another surgery in a few weeks. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks for all the good comments about my hair. It's not really looking the way it did the first day(very frizzy). I need to practice using different products. Any ideas from those of you who are rockin naturals???

DaDa I'm so sorry to hear about your journey ending. Keep your head up.

Wakey

Jawi - You're in prayers. I have faith that this will get you to a painless life. :yes:

Tell Jawi, she is in my prayers, sorry to hear about the new surgery that is needed.

Lots of Love

Hey wakey, folks on here are talking about taking cruises, you need to hip them to your web site. I can say YTB does have some of the best prices on cruises.

Wakey - Can you send me the link to your travel website?

DaDa I am truly sorry about it not working out between you and Roc. Hit me up if you need an ear. I'm glad to see you still in good spirits and with a sense of humor even through the pain.

Girl I have to keep laughing or else I would be crying or going to jail fi murder!!!

don't hurt em Dada

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey princess, she couldn't go to the interview anyway becuz of dr orders not to travel.. she had already submitted that paperwork to the embassy..

ooopss. jawi.. ya tek so lang gyal, mi tink ya go weh!!

No worries mi gyal... :thumbs: I was actually on mediatakeout.com

Hey everyone it's Wakey..I'm sitting hear with Jawi and just reading all the recent post. We went to the doctor today and will need to have another surgery in a few weeks. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks for all the good comments about my hair. It's not really looking the way it did the first day(very frizzy). I need to practice using different products. Any ideas from those of you who are rockin naturals???

DaDa I'm so sorry to hear about your journey ending. Keep your head up.

Wakey

Jawi - You're in prayers. I have faith that this will get you to a painless life. :yes:

Tell Jawi, she is in my prayers, sorry to hear about the new surgery that is needed.

Lots of Love

Hey wakey, folks on here are talking about taking cruises, you need to hip them to your web site. I can say YTB does have some of the best prices on cruises.

Wakey - Can you send me the link to your travel website?

DaDa I am truly sorry about it not working out between you and Roc. Hit me up if you need an ear. I'm glad to see you still in good spirits and with a sense of humor even through the pain.

Girl I have to keep laughing or else I would be crying or going to jail fi murder!!!

don't hurt em Dada

Hey KK...thanks...you can click on Wakey's profile and the link is under her profile pic...

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

I can't wait until the Mister is back tomorrow I miss him so much.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
i have a serious question for everyone, especially for those who have gone through the process already or those who are deep in the process

how do you deal with the waiting?

i'm just 18 days in and sometimes i feel so antsy?

so how do you deal with it? seriously

what do you do to keep from going crazy?

Definitely planning the next trip to visit is what kept me sane. Right now is the first time in a long time that I don't know when my next trip will be, but I'm guessing August. Between visits, Skyping is another way to cope. I just wish he had internet access at his home instead of having to travel to a restaurant with WiFi. I used Skype to give him a tour of my apartment & stuff, so he's that much more prepared for when he gets here.

Bunza, I have been dealing with this process since 02/2008, the waiting is hard, and I have always said it is even harder when you are married.

The things that have helped me, have been the planning of every 3 months to come to JA to see my husband, the folks here on VJ, we used to have great Friday nights VJ parties. Some how things have changed along the way, we used to have great conversations on VJ, but people now don't want to talk about relationships.

You still needs to keep busy at home, that helps alot too.

Friday night VJ parties? How did that work?

I like Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. It's at WalMart for $6 or less. This has worked a lot better for my hair than some of the expensive products (like Miss Jessie's curly pudding). If I put this in after washing/conditioning my hair, it accentuates the curls & makes my hair very soft.

Jawi, Quana, thanks for sharing your VJ story. I think it's great that you found this site before you needed it, as it's full of women who can relate to having a Jamaica man.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Bunzarelli, I would read thru the NVC information while I am waiting, this short-cut will be a life saver for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline
i have a serious question for everyone, especially for those who have gone through the process already or those who are deep in the process

how do you deal with the waiting?

i'm just 18 days in and sometimes i feel so antsy?

so how do you deal with it? seriously

what do you do to keep from going crazy?

Definitely planning the next trip to visit is what kept me sane. Right now is the first time in a long time that I don't know when my next trip will be, but I'm guessing August. Between visits, Skyping is another way to cope. I just wish he had internet access at his home instead of having to travel to a restaurant with WiFi. I used Skype to give him a tour of my apartment & stuff, so he's that much more prepared for when he gets here.

Bunza, I have been dealing with this process since 02/2008, the waiting is hard, and I have always said it is even harder when you are married.

The things that have helped me, have been the planning of every 3 months to come to JA to see my husband, the folks here on VJ, we used to have great Friday nights VJ parties. Some how things have changed along the way, we used to have great conversations on VJ, but people now don't want to talk about relationships.

You still needs to keep busy at home, that helps alot too.

Friday night VJ parties? How did that work?

I like Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. It's at WalMart for $6 or less. This has worked a lot better for my hair than some of the expensive products (like Miss Jessie's curly pudding). If I put this in after washing/conditioning my hair, it accentuates the curls & makes my hair very soft.

Jawi, Quana, thanks for sharing your VJ story. I think it's great that you found this site before you needed it, as it's full of women who can relate to having a Jamaica man.

oooooo thanks for the product recommendation! I'm going to keep this info from my sis...SSSSSHHHHHH! kikikiki :devil:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WELL LADIES I HAVE MADE MANY FRIENDS HERE AND ENJOYED YOU ALL, BUT MY JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END :(

for reasons i dont care to divulge at this time. I am really numb and emotionally having a hell of a time dealing. I will say i dont believe there is chance for reconciliation. I wish all of you the best of luck.

HOney

HA see honey we are sisterns because my journey has ended too. As you ladies can see I'm here and not in JA. I have no idea what happened, what went wrong its like I've been in a train wreck and I too am so numb and confused I have no idea what the freak happened. Hey honey link me anytime if yuh wanna chat..

Each day has been so hard for me but the powerful woman that I am I know this too shall pass. From the moment I went Roc I have no idea why his little scrawny short rass captured my heart so but he did and well all wells that ends well.

I'm still a newbie on here and I have become so accustomed to you all that I plan on sticking around. I might not be on as often but just because my story didn’t have a happy ending I'm really am hoping the rest of you do...

Oh man, WTH!!!!

Dada, I'm so sorry girl to hear this news (F) but please do stick around.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

thanks for the product nat.. i will look for that next time im at wal mart.. ive heard a lot about mrs jessies, but affordability is always a good thing..

im out ya'll.. i miss my man.. have i said it lately??? heehee..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anybody ever gone through the whole K1 process, bring them here, get married and then have the AOS denied? :blink:

What reasons would they have for denying AOS?

I'm just thinking..... you smell smoke? :P

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

stop thinking negative

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Has anybody ever gone through the whole K1 process, bring them here, get married and then have the AOS denied? :blink:

I have been through the entire process...but with successful AOS...I can only think of one reason right now to deny AOS...fraud. Wakey wants to know what you mean by "I'm just thinking...you smell smoke?" LOL

she said all she knows about smoke is the saying "If you smell smoke...there's a fire"...so where is the fire?

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

stop thinking negative

:lol:

Not ME :D

They would not dare :angry::lol:

really, it was just something I though about... and wondered if that can happen :blink:

Timeline
Hahaha....bunz...where do you get those profile pictures? They look like mug shots.

lol http://www.muggn.com/

trust me they have worst

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
thanks for the product nat.. i will look for that next time im at wal mart.. ive heard a lot about mrs jessies, but affordability is always a good thing..

im out ya'll.. i miss my man.. have i said it lately??? heehee..

To rant for just a minute.... I just don't understand Miss Jessie's curly pudding. It is so highly recommended & popular, yet it dries out your hair! Even at the hair salon, they said that you need to mix it with oil before applying to your hair, otherwise it gets flaky as it dries. My thought was... if I pay $40 for a product, I don't want to have to add oil to it! So I bought it with a lot of encouragement from a friend who wanted to try it out, but it is such a hassle to use that I've only used it 2 or 3 times in as many years.

You'll notice in all of these reviews that the complaint is how hard, flaky, and/or drying this product is.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=272549

http://mynaturalhair.wordpress.com/2008/05...-curly-pudding/

http://www.afrobella.com/2007/04/26/miss-j...product-review/

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlproducts...s-curly-pudding

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...pg2.html?cat=69

:ot2:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

I have been through the entire process...but with successful AOS...I can only think of one reason right now to deny AOS...fraud. Wakey wants to know what you mean by "I'm just thinking...you smell smoke?" LOL

she said all she knows about smoke is the saying "If you smell smoke...there's a fire"...so where is the fire?

LOL

Tell Wakey it hot fi true, but noh fire noh deh :rofl:

It was a signature of another boardie on another board ;)

So when I typed "I'm just thinking" the second part followed :thumbs:

It means mi brain a work overtime :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.