SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Tell Jawi, she is in my prayers, sorry to hear about the new surgery that is needed.

Lots of Love

Hey wakey, folks on here are talking about taking cruises, you need to hip them to your web site. I can say YTB does have some of the best prices on cruises.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

miss fashionista! i tried the salt water cleanse and.......NUTHIN!

it didn't work :wacko:

i used sea salt and everything

1 quart warm water

2 tsp salt

NOTHING! :blink:

Hey Bunz I am rolling :rofl:

Did you accompany the sea salt water mix with the 2 bokkles of Prune Juice? I would drink 1 bokkle per day.

Can you believe that Hubby was adventurous enough to try this? He normally makes his aloe juice but opted for mine and actually did ok with it it. The 1st time will be a doozy :help: but once you accomplish your 1st cleansing session try you will be fine. :star: Just remember don't make any plans when you start, be prepared to stay close to home :rofl:

no i just drank alot of water

but i will try it next weekend with the prune juice or plain ole prunes. i actually LOVE prunes

at one point i was actually considering colonics but i'm not comfortable with the probing that is going to happen back there

so if this sea salt thing works it would really be great

Nah the sea salt works wonders when accompanied by the prune juice! Prunes are fine I love them too, that's why I don't have a problem with the taste. I actually warm mine up and dink it like tea....

What part of Kingston are you from we have a place in Marvaley

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Wakey...tell Jawi she is in my prayers and hopefully with this surgery it will take care of it and she won't be in pain anymore.

Love your new style you look great!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i know of an incident where a woman had to tek whe harself after the father went through that long process only to find out the son wasn't his

she hasn't been heard from since

as a CO i wouldn't be able to bear to see things like that

i think i would cry, they would probably fire me for being too kind

Bunz,

Me too! I'd be giving out approvals saying " Go! Start a new life for yourself"

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
miss fashionista! i tried the salt water cleanse and.......NUTHIN!

it didn't work :wacko:

i used sea salt and everything

1 quart warm water

2 tsp salt

NOTHING! :blink:

Hey Bunz I am rolling :rofl:

Did you accompany the sea salt water mix with the 2 bokkles of Prune Juice? I would drink 1 bokkle per day.

Can you believe that Hubby was adventurous enough to try this? He normally makes his aloe juice but opted for mine and actually did ok with it it. The 1st time will be a doozy :help: but once you accomplish your 1st cleansing session try you will be fine. :star: Just remember don't make any plans when you start, be prepared to stay close to home :rofl:

no i just drank alot of water

but i will try it next weekend with the prune juice or plain ole prunes. i actually LOVE prunes

at one point i was actually considering colonics but i'm not comfortable with the probing that is going to happen back there

so if this sea salt thing works it would really be great

Nah the sea salt works wonders when accompanied by the prune juice! Prunes are fine I love them too, that's why I don't have a problem with the taste. I actually warm mine up and dink it like tea....

What part of Kingston are you from we have a place in Marvaley

i've lived most of my life near marverly, my uncle lives around there

but i live up liguanea now....been in the country for a minute though

jawi you are in my prayers, hoping this surgery will be for the best

roxie thanks for that heads up then. i will know to keep on top of them when that time rolls around

quana its funny that u mention joining a club. i've been looking into getting involved in kiwanis club

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

prayers going out to jawi love! at least A will be here to help nurse u mami..i hope they are finally able to resolve ur neck problems..

wakey, i can't see the pic, do u have any on FB?? i am kind of feeling my way around this natural thing so i don't know much about whats good, i just use whatever i have at the time.. maybe some of the natural vets can help..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all!! Hope everyone's holiday was good!!!! Mine was good.

Quanna, you get my PM?

What's happening today? I'm about to go back to catch up...

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
Hey everyone it's Wakey..I'm sitting hear with Jawi and just reading all the recent post. We went to the doctor today and will need to have another surgery in a few weeks. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks for all the good comments about my hair. It's not really looking the way it did the first day(very frizzy). I need to practice using different products. Any ideas from those of you who are rockin naturals???

DaDa I'm so sorry to hear about your journey ending. Keep your head up.

Wakey

Awww not my homie!!! I’m so sorry to hear that but I hope this surgery will be the LAST and FINAL one to put her back into the groove of things!! I really hate that she has to go through this but hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

Thanks ladies for all your well wishes and support. Like I said right now I'm numb and very very clueless. I have no idea what happened and that is the hardest and most confusing part.... :blink:

I know that this to shall pass but its the passing part that is the hardest. I’m sure one day I'll look back at this and laugh. One thing I will say it was a very different ride something I enjoyed and don't think I would change it for anything. I had fun while it lasted.

It’s so very easy to tell someone to move on but its not easy doing it. Not when you really do the love the person. Your brain says the heck with him NEXT but it doesn’t send the signal to your heart.

Timeline
Tell Jawi, she is in my prayers, sorry to hear about the new surgery that is needed.

Lots of Love

Hey wakey, folks on here are talking about taking cruises, you need to hip them to your web site. I can say YTB does have some of the best prices on cruises.

Hey Everyone...it's Jawi. I'm in good spirits about the 2nd surgery (just ready to do anything to rid myself of the pain). Thank you Rox for such a sweet and thoughtful post. Everyone doing a cruise please check out my sister's profile for best prices.

IslandW...I used USPS Express International to send the immigration folder/original documents to Canada...and of course it doesn't appear that it will get to A before his flight leaves tonight. I was banking on the 3-5 business days quoted...wish I had followed my first mind and used DHL. I am very upset...but what can I do? I put in a request to have the package returned to me if it is still in Customs after today. They did it has an urgent request. Doesn't help us much...but oh well.

Through God all things are possible...and Satan cannot steal my joy.

DaDa I am truly sorry about it not working out between you and Roc. Hit me up if you need an ear. I'm glad to see you still in good spirits and with a sense of humor even through the pain.

NatPat...I am one of the VJers that have been here for awhile before filing K1...and it was not because of another LDR. I decided that I needed time to get to know the person I was "in lust" :devil: with before I made such a huge commitment. Neither of us were in a hurry to start the process because marriage is a huge step that shouldn't be made hastily (for us @ least). I was not doing research on the process either...just met some wonderful women here. What works for one couple or the majority won't work for the next couple...doesn't make it wrong or right...just right for us. I also took 2 years before I married my first husband after an LDR. We are still friends...and I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that he didn't marry me for a greencard. I just realized later that I didn't love him the way a wife should love her husband.

I look for your approval everyday...when I see you post I'm jumping on that thread full of hope. Keep your spirits up and I pray that it comes very soon. Gillian went through this when she filed too. We all cried when her approval came.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Thanks for all the support, well wishes and prayers. I feel good about this next step...the doctor (a neurologist) sounds very confident and spelled every step out for me and my sister until we had a full understanding and idea of what would happen.

He also let me know that the 1st surgery was the right surgery...I just was one of the 5% that didn't grow new bone (fuse) to support all the work that had been done. So, I will be cut in the front to have the hardware (screws, plate and bone fragments) removed and replaced, then I will be flipped over and cut from the back to have more screws added as reinforcement of the new work. Some type of gel substance will be added that promotes bone growth...but is very expensive so it is rarely approved for first time surgeries.

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

mrs.. i got ur pm.. and now my yahoo is acting up and won't send my email.. i am gonna have to try it from outlook.. i got u girl..

nat.. that is my, well SOME of my story. lol.. i have known roger and VJ LOL since 2007, but couldn't marry becuz of pending divorce and most recently divorced but not ready to marry.. i am not even really paying attention to how this process goes, when yall start talking bout I129 and RFE.. my eyes kind of glaze over LOL. some of it gets retained, but .... :huh: i tell the sisters all the time, get ready to tell me all this stuff again in another year or two.. and ya'll better not talk about me cuz i got so many questions and been around FOREVER heehee..

Timeline
DaDa I am truly sorry about it not working out between you and Roc. Hit me up if you need an ear. I'm glad to see you still in good spirits and with a sense of humor even through the pain.

Girl I have to keep laughing or else I would be crying or going to jail fi murder!!!

Timeline
Thanks for all the support, well wishes and prayers. I feel good about this next step...the doctor (a neurologist) sounds very confident and spelled every step out for me and my sister until we had a full understanding and idea of what would happen.

He also let me know that the 1st surgery was the right surgery...I just was one of the 5% that didn't grow new bone (fuse) to support all the work that had been done. So, I will be cut in the front to have the hardware (screws, plate and bone fragments) removed and replaced, then I will be flipped over and cut from the back to have more screws added as reinforcement of the new work. Some type of gel substance will be added that promotes bone growth...but is very expensive so it is rarely approved for first time surgeries.

jawi (F)

I hope this surgery does exactly what is needed to make you all better.

My first thought was the interview :( will you be able to make the interview? :(

(L)

Timeline

jawi (F)

I hope this surgery does exactly what is needed to make you all better.

My first thought was the interview :( will you be able to make the interview? :(

(L)

No...but I knew this before a 2nd surgery came up. That is the reason I haven't been to Jamaica or Canada since August 2008. I included an updated Letter of Intent in my "lost" file because of me not being able to travel. My doctor will write the excuse if the Embassy requests my presence...and I will fax/email it to A. I will have him write it before the interview now once the the surgery is actually scheduled.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

hey princess, she couldn't go to the interview anyway becuz of dr orders not to travel.. she had already submitted that paperwork to the embassy..

ooopss. jawi.. ya tek so lang gyal, mi tink ya go weh!!

Edited by dancehallquana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.