SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl my heart is racing! I haven't calmed down yet. The medical is getting me...it's scheduled for the 2nd. He gets back to Jamaica on the 27th...I hope that he can find his shot records from when his ex-wife filed for him. Please let his mother still have them.

Girl Mavado and Vybz Kartel will be having a concert in my bedroom. Mi need beer gyal song and beer war song ah gwaan...yuhseeit? Lata inna de week fe some souls music and lovie dovie ting....but beer war fe bruk out when im reach! Mi ago rememba fe wear mi brace and ting. LOL LMAO

Wow! Congrats! Woo-HOOO Yardies! Tonks Philly and Sunray! Still stunned. I can't believe we are nearing the final phase...after almost 5 years!

Jawi!! :rofl::devil::yes::help:

Trust me - the dessert is so much sweeter when you have to work so hard to make it. :luv:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jgay - my son is 11. We are now getting to a point where we try to respect each other's privacy (especially now that A is here and I have to be more conscious about closing the door) but when/if he does see me with my undergarments on I don't think he thinks anything sexual about it. He is usually acting grossed out about it and will turn and walk the other way. But really undergarments are not much different than a bathing suit and that's socially acceptable.

hmmm, never thought about it that way island..

Well I remember my first trip to JA and A would walk around everywhere with his underwear, stand on the balcony with them on, etc. and I was appalled. Then we go to the beach and I see guys swimming in theirs and girls swimming in skimpy clothes and thought hmmmm...not much different than a bathing suit so I chilled. Now I love to see that easygoing-ness. Sometimes I think our culture tends to get a bit prude.

Oh o.k. so Roc is not the only one to do this. I was like Roc put some clothes on and he was like why its just like shorts. He would be out doing laundry and everything in his boxer shorts but your right when we went swimming all he did was put on some shorts and in he went. I used to crack him up like where is your swim trunks and he would point to his shorts like right here!!! Oooooo kkkkkk

After my first time seeing A do this I have taken him swim trunks every trip. :lol: After reading now that this is quite the usual, I guess I'll take the ones I just brought back to the store and let him just do his thing since as he say he already has his shorts on. :yes::blush:

Congrats MrsJeffs! :dance:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Nat Welcome Back, Love the new Pic too cute!

Love the new name Stone Love LOL!

Quanna you were Dancing all night? You go girl I miss those days…..

You know I spoke too soon about having a little free time at work it just got crazy again Ughhh it’s gonna be a long night!……

LOL Island

Collards are definitely not Callalou, but they are in the greens family. Do you have a Latino market in your area they carry Caribbean foods, goat, oxtail, cow foot , chicken foot, Green banana African Yams, plaintains etc.

I can surely hook you upwith my fellow Gardenista no worries!

Congrats Mrs Jeffs!

God is good all the time!

DaDA you are going right? your timeline says 3 days, so whagwaan gyal?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl my heart is racing! I haven't calmed down yet. The medical is getting me...it's scheduled for the 2nd. He gets back to Jamaica on the 27th...I hope that he can find his shot records from when his ex-wife filed for him. Please let his mother still have them.

Girl Mavado and Vybz Kartel will be having a concert in my bedroom. Mi need beer gyal song and beer war song ah gwaan...yuhseeit? Lata inna de week fe some souls music and lovie dovie ting....but beer war fe bruk out when im reach! Mi ago rememba fe wear mi brace and ting. LOL LMAO

Wow! Congrats! Woo-HOOO Yardies! Tonks Philly and Sunray! Still stunned. I can't believe we are nearing the final phase...after almost 5 years!

Jawi!! :rofl::devil::yes::help:

Trust me - the dessert is so much sweeter when you have to work so hard to make it. :luv:

Well shucks! What else would you expect from the authoress of Stella? LMAO... :devil: Mi man stoosh...im have bath suit from when mi meet him...but he was a lifeguard too...so I guess he knows that it is way easier and lighter to swim in trunks instead of basketball shorts.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Thats what i think also...my hubby has a huge issue with me if my son sees in my undergarments...i told him so i am not allowed to take my son to the beach since i would be in a bikini and he would say i must wear something over it to cover myself....he said mothers who do that are slack and not growing their kids properly...blah...blah...to me his mind is just perverted because i honestly don't see anything wrong with that.... :blink:

I would never ever want to see my mother in a bikini or on a table dancing (like this one mom out with her two kids at the karaoke place) or drunk or anything of the sort. I'd be traumatized... and I'm 27. But if she'd been doing that kind of thing from when I was young, I'd probably be used to it.

Girl stop playing you had me all in your profile as if you were a newbie!!! Anyway I am guilty of walking around in my undergarments but this usually is in the morning when I'm getting ready for work. At night I tend to unwind but I’ll put on a little nightshirt at least. I never thought about it or seen anything wrong with it I guess because I’m their mother and I would hope they wouldn’t look at me that way.

:rofl: :rofl: DaDa is Too Much.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Well, I finished my presentation in the nick of time, presented it & the teacher said it was EXCELLENT! I'll honestly be shocked if I don't get an A in the class cause I already had an A before the final & I'm pretty darn proud of the work I did on the powerpoint presentation. Wish there was a way to share it with everyone & include the MP3s that pull it all together cause the music really makes it!

Anyway, glad that's out of the way....now it's time to start packing. I'm going to organize all my papers to take with this evening & make all my copies of things & then go home & get the suitcase out. I need to be more productive at work but oh well! :whistle: I'll just be sure to give everyone a list tomorrow of things that must be done while I'm gone for 3 weeks! :lol:

next time finish u papah dem sunahso u no afi stress las minitue and a run roun like mad mavis

:rofl: Some of us (and I'm speaking for MYSELF) are just too good at procrastination! I can only imagine what it must be like to be one of those people with good time management skills who diligently works on something all along rather than waiting till the last minute! It must be such a calm feeling. :huh:

I don't know what is worse the immigration process or planning a wedding!

I'd say planning a wedding! I haven't even begun yet and already I want to quit! Other than my one period of worrying about the DS-230, the immigration process has been fairly painless....but don't even get me started on planning some kind of wedding....I'm clueless! :yes:

I GOT AN "A" FOR MY FREAKIN SPEECH CLASS..YIPPEEEE ! HOORAY KIMMY..DMAN U GOOD...*BRUSHING MY SOULDERS OFF* HEHHE

Congrats Kimmy! Great job! :dance:

I posted pictures from my trip (well, 56 of 321) on Facebook. The surprise party went very well, even though the first of the guests arrived over 1.5 hrs later than scheduled, and the party didn't end up starting until 2 hrs+ after scheduled. More people showed up than I thought, and I got in trouble with hotel management, lol. But all's well that ends well! :star:

We went to a Tanya Stephens/Etana concert last night, but both of us were falling asleep at it. We'd been up since 2:30am for an EARLY drive to Kingston and back. After the Kingston drive, I focused on the surprise party. After the surprise party, we went to the concert, which also started 2 hrs later than scheduled.

Am I the only person who likes stuff to be on time???

Anyway, it's sad to be away from my babe. :cry: I don't even know what date I'll be back, since my only other Jamaica trip this year will be for the interview. Still no NOA2. I was hoping it would be waiting for me at home, but nope! I got the form to fill out to engage my Senator, if my approval doesn't come soon.

Welcome back Nat! Glad you had a nice trip & really enjoyed your pics on FB!

What kind of trouble did you get in with hotel management? Just curious....

Your concert experience sounds like mine last time.....we never made it to Capleton & Anthony B....only made it part way through Luciano.....so bummed but it was already 4 a.m. & we had been standing a LONG time by then & it was getting cold! The 3 of us decided to call it a night.

NO, you aren't the only one who likes stuff on time! The American part of me likes when a concert ends by 2 a.m. or so....I can't take those late late nights!

Praying you get that NOA2 SOON! It will be about time darn it! :yes:

The food challenge is getting better. He has come to terms with the fact that we can't buy JA foods from the local market so he is just going to have to buck up and eat what we do have. I told him I do the same when I go to JA - I don't go there looking for American food. Yesterday he tried beef stew (although with about 2 lbs of rice) and this morning I made tomato and cheese omlettes. Apparently he is getting hungry enough.

:rofl::rofl:

I posted pictures from my trip (well, 56 of 321) on Facebook. The surprise party went very well, even though the first of the guests arrived over 1.5 hrs later than scheduled, and the party didn't end up starting until 2 hrs+ after scheduled. More people showed up than I thought, and I got in trouble with hotel management, lol.

Late and more then expected......MUST be in Jamaica.

:rofl::rofl: RIGHT??! :lol:

MAWNING ladies and gents if any in the house!!!

i went dancing last night and did not have a nap in between.. UH OH lets hope i don't fall out of my chair from sleep deprivation LOL..

Well, you're probably almost done for the day at this point but I was gonna tell you to put that paperclip in your hand in case you drop asleep! LOL!

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline
:ot: I have a general question and would like to know your opinions...anyone and everyone please feel free to answer...

Question: Do you feel it is inappropriate or disrespectful if a mother walks around her son, say age between 5-10 years old with just undergarments on...do you think a boy that age would look at their mother in a sexual manner if she walks around them like that....

This is jgay80 but felt bored and decided to change my userid and picture...Stone is my "new" last name which is how i derived to StoneLove.... :D

Cute new name jgay! (Now hopefully I can remember it's you.)

I don't know how I feel about your topic. I think there's a point where it becomes inappropriate but I don't think up to 10 years old is bad really. At that age, most boys still think girls are gross so those thoughts don't enter their minds. HOWEVER, we used to have a neighbor where we lived when I was a kid & their bathroom window faced out to the driveway which was right next to our front yard. You could hear the boy who was in his pre-teen to early teen years splashing around in the bath tub yelling out to his mom saying, "MOM, COME WASH ME!" That seemed inappropriate to me even at my young age then! These people were off kilter anyway & I could never believe the woman was allowed to run a daycare. :wow: I know, off topic from your 'off topic' but that's the only inappropriate thing that came to mind. As far as walking around in undies is concerned, to me as long as it's on your way to getting dressed or something, I don't see the big deal.

We got our interview date for June 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM.

CONGRATS Jawi! :dance: Soon come fi you too!

My sons are used to seeing me in various stages of undress (mainly because they just don't understand that knocking does not mean walk in without a response)...then they respond with "What? I/We knocked." I am going to purchase a stronger lock for the bedroom door now. :devil::devil: I don't see anything wrong with kids being aware of their anatomy and the opposite anatomy. It makes for a much healthier adult...and IMHO...keeps lines of communication open about different feelings and things going on with their bodies as it changes with puberty. My oldest son came running to me when he got his first "hairs" and just dropped his pants and said MOM LOOK!!! I have hairs!!! I agree not the most elegant way to show me...but he wasn't timid or ashamed to ask me what the H is going on down there. We have also talked about masturbation and why I think he is not ready to let a little girl help him with it. He gets a little :blink: but not to the point of going to ask his friends or somebody that would give him bad advice.

:rofl::rofl:

Jgay - my son is 11. We are now getting to a point where we try to respect each other's privacy (especially now that A is here and I have to be more conscious about closing the door) but when/if he does see me with my undergarments on I don't think he thinks anything sexual about it. He is usually acting grossed out about it and will turn and walk the other way. But really undergarments are not much different than a bathing suit and that's socially acceptable.

Well I remember my first trip to JA and A would walk around everywhere with his underwear, stand on the balcony with them on, etc. and I was appalled. Then we go to the beach and I see guys swimming in theirs and girls swimming in skimpy clothes and thought hmmmm...not much different than a bathing suit so I chilled. Now I love to see that easygoing-ness. Sometimes I think our culture tends to get a bit prude.

Oh o.k. so Roc is not the only one to do this. I was like Roc put some clothes on and he was like why its just like shorts. He would be out doing laundry and everything in his boxer shorts but your right when we went swimming all he did was put on some shorts and in he went. I used to crack him up like where is your swim trunks and he would point to his shorts like right here!!! Oooooo kkkkkk

:lol::lol: I was a little surprised when I saw mister's cousins all wearing their skivvies when we went to the swimming hole but then like you all say, I saw it a lot there when we'd go to the beach & it didn't seem so different then. After my 1st trip there, I brought the 3 cousins swim trunks & I have no idea if they even use them for swimming or what. :hehe:

Current Status: Card production ordered.

Congrats Mrsjeffs! :thumbs::thumbs:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's what I was going to suggest but decided to be polite! :yes:

Timeline

After my first time seeing A do this I have taken him swim trunks every trip. :lol: After reading now that this is quite the usual, I guess I'll take the ones I just brought back to the store and let him just do his thing since as he say he already has his shorts on. :yes::blush:

Yep! It's funny how so many of us have gone through this experience....shows how different our societies are. I brought my mister some Sponge Bob boxer shorts last time cause he mentioned he likes watching that show there on TV (I've never seen it) & he wore those things all over the place....he'd walk down the road to the store, all over the yard & he even wanted to swim in them but I told him I'd rather he wore the swim trunks I brought him a long time ago! Mi bossy!

Timeline

Random thoughts:

* Who here on VJ is going to be there soon? I forget. Anyone on the west side any time between May 25 & June 11?? I forgot to get Sus' contact info so that hopefully we could connect in Negril for a minute at least. I wonder how to manage getting a hold of her now....

Anyone else? I'd love to meet some Yardies!

* Okay, next thought while tying up any loose ends with the paperwork. I'll be making copies of my tax returns, W-2s & pay stubs. But I'm wondering how many pay stubs I should provide....1 year? A few months? What have some of you done? And did you ever consider blotting out certain info like your SSN?

* It just occurred to me why I might be so adamant about bringing mister home with me & being sure to fly with him. I remember what it was like to land in Senegal & how overwhelming & crazy it was....until we spotted my good friend Jesse who was like a savior at that moment. He could speak the language & knew how to deal with aggressive taxi drivers & everything else. There are few times in my life that I can ever remember being so thankful as I was at that moment to have a friend who knew the ropes & could look out for us. Then I imagine what it would be like to travel for the first time ever & go through an international airport & immigration & not read so well. I know it's possible, but sure a lot easier with someone who has done (most of) it before! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone!! I finished the Stella reading!!!! I totally ignored Derron last night cuz I COULD NOT stop reading. I warmed up some food, shared his plate and got back to reading!

JAWI.... When is the book coming?? Better yet... this could be a play. Start it off like Tyler Perry!!!

Ok... hope everyone's day has gone good thus far... tomorrow is FRIDAY!

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
Hey Everyone!! I finished the Stella reading!!!! I totally ignored Derron last night cuz I COULD NOT stop reading. I warmed up some food, shared his plate and got back to reading!

JAWI.... When is the book coming?? Better yet... this could be a play. Start it off like Tyler Perry!!!

You read Part 1, 2, and 3??? That quickly? Wow. How did you do that in two days? Glad you liked it.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't know how I feel about your topic. I think there's a point where it becomes inappropriate but I don't think up to 10 years old is bad really. At that age, most boys still think girls are gross so those thoughts don't enter their minds. HOWEVER, we used to have a neighbor where we lived when I was a kid & their bathroom window faced out to the driveway which was right next to our front yard. You could hear the boy who was in his pre-teen to early teen years splashing around in the bath tub yelling out to his mom saying, "MOM, COME WASH ME!" That seemed inappropriate to me even at my young age then! These people were off kilter anyway & I could never believe the woman was allowed to run a daycare. :wow: I know, off topic from your 'off topic' but that's the only inappropriate thing that came to mind. As far as walking around in undies is concerned, to me as long as it's on your way to getting dressed or something, I don't see the big deal.

lmao yo you made me bust out laughing in this quiet office here

i don't know why it just sounds really funny and i am picturing a grown #### man yelling that

thanks for the laugh

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Nat... welcome back!!! Glad you had a great trip... LOVE the new pic!! Don't worry, your NOA2 soon come. And about things being on time, my wedding was 2 hours late (in Jamaica)! But I'm late to EVERYTHING! Bad habit... I really need to break that. :whistle:

CONGRATULATIONS Kimmy on your A! Hard work pays off.

CONGRATULATIONS Jawi & Jeffs!!

Island-I'm totally feeling you on the food thing, lol!

You read Part 1, 2, and 3??? That quickly? Wow. How did you do that in two days? Glad you liked it.

Girl... I was HOOKED!!! I could literally see it on someone's stage. LOVED IT! :thumbs:

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

Timeline

Now, as far as the walking around w/out clothes in front of your child/ren... To each their own. I personally don't know how to be at home and wear clothes, but I have no kids. I'm ALWAYS in a t-shirt and draws. I don't think I'd ever walk around naked in front of my kids though. My mom loves to walk around the house in a bra and shorts... her favorite! I guess I'm backwards from her, lol. Didn't affect me though.

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

Timeline
* Okay, next thought while tying up any loose ends with the paperwork. I'll be making copies of my tax returns, W-2s & pay stubs. But I'm wondering how many pay stubs I should provide....1 year? A few months? What have some of you done? And did you ever consider blotting out certain info like your SSN?

* It just occurred to me why I might be so adamant about bringing mister home with me & being sure to fly with him. I remember what it was like to land in Senegal & how overwhelming & crazy it was....until we spotted my good friend Jesse who was like a savior at that moment. He could speak the language & knew how to deal with aggressive taxi drivers & everything else. There are few times in my life that I can ever remember being so thankful as I was at that moment to have a friend who knew the ropes & could look out for us. Then I imagine what it would be like to travel for the first time ever & go through an international airport & immigration & not read so well. I know it's possible, but sure a lot easier with someone who has done (most of) it before! :thumbs:

I, in my own logic, figured the point of the pay stubs is to show that I'm still employed, since the employment verification letter might be a few months old. I see no reason it would go back into 2008, since you're providing the W2s & tax returns covering that year.

I agree with you on the flying with your man. If I had enough vacation remaining, I'd love to stay in JA long enough to fly with mine when he comes back. But I already plan on going to the interview with him & staying a week. I'll only have 4 days of vacation left for the year, which I want to save for when he gets here (at least 1 day off) and Thanksgiving/Christmas time. Since I can't fly with him, I did grab an extra customs form and made a front/back copy & filled out a lot of it, so he can use that as a guide. I also told him about the process once he gets off the plane. I think that'll suffice.

As far as getting in trouble with hotel management, the manager just gave me a lecture on having a party on their property without clearing it with management and paying a fee. He said if it was a few people, then no problem, but there were 15-20, so I should've cleared with them first. I understood his point. I told him I didn't expect that many people, and we did let a few staff members know we'd have the cake in the [outdoor, beachfront] dining room. They didn't express any concerns. Plus, we cleaned up every last bit of trash, so it was like we were never there. Plus, I've stayed at that hotel several times, and have brought other guests with me & recommended other guests, and I plan on going back again. If I want to have a party in the future, I'll definitely check with him first. He agreed to not charge me a fee. [Pat me on the back for my negotiation skills.] So we ended on amicable terms with him wishing me a safe flight.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.