SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Philly, I’m right there with you wit’ the long hair kitty. I have been stalking this little black one. I have an all black medium haired one but she’s older and has a white spot on her chest and the tip of her tail. My daughters want a kitten and this one is solid color all over. I love the solid color long hair cats. I just hope it’s a female.

Hubby is too funny talking 'bout he gonna choke in his sleep from the long hair. LOL

Hey J, remember my all back cat Rudebwoy the sweetie? Not Warlord the Five Star General he had a white spot ( he was crazy I took him to the shelter he was doing unholy things!) Well Rudebwoy passed away last week :crying: this is why I am trying to find another Kittie to cuddle with. Papito's (he was my baby with the white feet) Mom just had 3 kittens, my neighbor is taking care of them now, I can put in a good work for you for one of them. :thumbs: I'm so glad you are going back during the Holiday. We will never forget Hurricane Gustav will we ? :rofl:

Awww, not the one in the pictures. Sorry to hear this, I know he is going to be missed by you and the others. (F)

See that's what I'm afraid of getting this stray and it turns out like the General. I am already a frequent contributor to the SPCA.

Girl, hush your mouth! How you gonna send that this way. You know I’m going Air Jamaica too and I said I would never fly them again….hahahahaha :lol:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Hey J, remember my all back cat Rudebwoy the sweetie? Not Warlord the Five Star General he had a white spot ( he was crazy I took him to the shelter he was doing unholy things!) Well Rudebwoy passed away last week :crying: this is why I am trying to find another Kittie to cuddle with. Papito's (he was my baby with the white feet) Mom just had 3 kittens, my neighbor is taking care of them now, I can put in a good work for you for one of them. :thumbs: I'm so glad you are going back during the Holiday. We will never forget Hurricane Gustav will we ? :rofl:

Philly, while I don't know what you remember about Gustav, that hurricane DEFINITELY is permanently etched in my memory.

I flew to Jamaica the Thursday it was scheduled to hit there, against the wishes of EVERYONE I know. But that was the trip where I wanted to see how serious things could get with my SO. It was during that trip (my 4th to Negril in less than a year) that I became 100% sold on him and our future. I love how we were confined to the hotel while the power/water were out. I still tell him that I want to "play Gustav" which means isolate ourselves from the rest of the world. Fond memories...

SO! I get home from work and check the mail and to my EXTREME delight, I had a letter from USCIS! I started jumping around and screaming! :dance::D:dance: I was SO HAPPY about FINALLY receiving my NOA2.

I opened it, and it was merely a notice that they received my change of address. :angry: :angry: :angry: No touch on the website.either.

Nat, I was all excited for you, and then :(. Maybe this means you're on the radar and they are going to do something real soon with your file, so your NOA2 is coming. :thumbs:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Ladies!!! I have a question (don't I always have a question when I come on here?).....for those of you who's men are here, what are they doing for work? Are the opportunities what he had expected? Are they making the type of money that they imagined (if they imagined it). Has there been disappointment with the job market and the salaries?? Is is easy or hard to find work? Any of the men going to school?

For those of you who are waiting for their men, what are your or his plans for employment? Have you done research on that? Are you waiting til he gets here to think about it? Just wondering!!!

Excellent questions!

I've been looking into educational programs that result in you having some definite skillset at the end, such as aviation mechanics school (what my SO wants to do).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Kimmy!

Okay everybody, I wanna know....why is it that when you eat a little something in the morning you are MORE hungry than when you don't eat anything??? That's why I don't eat breakfast food like cereal, oatmeal or yogurt....I'm STARVING now that I had some yogurt this morning. Usually I'm good till noon if I don't eat anything. *GGGRRRROOOOOOWWWWLLLLL*

Cannot answer that. But I am the exact same way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

that happens to me too

i think it's because it opens up your appetite....at least that's how i explain it to myself

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Ladies!!! I have a question (don't I always have a question when I come on here?).....for those of you who's men are here, what are they doing for work? Are the opportunities what he had expected? Are they making the type of money that they imagined (if they imagined it). Has there been disappointment with the job market and the salaries?? Is is easy or hard to find work? Any of the men going to school?

For those of you who are waiting for their men, what are your or his plans for employment? Have you done research on that? Are you waiting til he gets here to think about it? Just wondering!!!

i can't speak yet, i'm still in jamaica

but i know of a lot of ppl who left jamaica as professionals

and pretty much had to start at the bottom in the states because generally, work experience from certain other countries is not always well respected

so alot of ppl i know go there and start over as housekeepers, bus drivers, store clerks, etc.

about the money part, very few ppl i know have gone there and not made the kind of money they imagined they could make

i suppose everybody always feels they could make more money but most ppl who have left have been FAAAAR better off within a year of being over there

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

I will DEFINITELY try this recipe! But I'll substitute almond flour for regular, Splenda for sugar, nuts (or nut butter) for choc chips, and heavy whipping cream/water for milk.

Nat - why all the substitutes?

lol... Because I think that I am insulin resistant, so I stay away from things that raise my blood sugar level too much & cause the pancreas to release a lot of insulin. That's why I use nut flour (finely crushed nuts) & Splenda instead of flour and sugar.

I'd substitute the heavy whipping cream cause I don't keep milk in the house, but usually have cream. I'd substitute the choc chips because, strangely, I don't like chocolate chips! Even in cookies, I like the chocolate FLAVOR, but not the chips. Give me a sugar or peanut butter or oatmeal raisin cookie over a choc chip cookie anyday (except for these days, as I'm avoiding sugar).

I like chocolate chips but I hate when there are too many in cookies. I actually want to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and leave out the chocolate chips but I'm worried if the cookies will turnout o.k.

Timeline
DADA

Girl yes I can't beleive Tailor Made and IT, I thought it was a joke too because basically he is an idiot, but in politics stranger things have happened so I will stay tuned for that one!

As far as Sapphayri I hope that is not true because I really like her and thought she had a decent head on her shoulders, plus she is a business woman so I really hope this is not true! Did you see how IT dissed her on the reunion WOW!!!!! Damn shame!

Frenchie had me rolling I liked her personality she was funny and down to earth! Prancer was basically everything she said she was, and although she played the game like a true competitor but I still didn't like her she cried too much!

There is something a little off about MYammee or however you spelled it LOL and you are right she had some work done!

Ok as for Daisy even though I was really trying to watch she is a hot mess and is hard to look at, I am not into it at all. I DVR'd it yesterday but have no interest in watching ( Yawn) LOL

If NY don't sit her azz down with this foolnish! I rather see an I Love NY pt 3. Isn't there already a show like this in the Discovery channel, Dirty Jobs?

I was also sad to see Kin go, she deserved to stay in the final 3 she was very good but its not the 1st time a good dancer was voted off, look at Master P.... Ha Ha a Joke :rofl:

Yes girl IT dissed the mess out of her. Did you see how he said he felts everyone's rass but Sapphayri was the only one that gave in?? I was like Wow!!

I watched Charm School yesterday. Them girls are a mess I couldn’t believe she pulled her hair and why does everyone seem like a drunk? Its o.k. so far but I think I’m over Charm School. To me Monique had the best one or maybe its because I’m pro Monique who knows..lol

I agree about New York I rather see a New York 3 than this mess. I wonder how long it will last??

Filed: Timeline

i can't speak yet, i'm still in jamaica

but i know of a lot of ppl who left jamaica as professionals

and pretty much had to start at the bottom in the states because generally, work experience from certain other countries is not always well respected

so alot of ppl i know go there and start over as housekeepers, bus drivers, store clerks, etc.

about the money part, very few ppl i know have gone there and not made the kind of money they imagined they could make

i suppose everybody always feels they could make more money but most ppl who have left have been FAAAAR better off within a year of being over there

This is true, but it depends on what kind of connections or networking you can do or have someone do for you before a person leaves Jamaica. I have many family members who are well educated professionals who came to the states and tried it for a year or so and went back home. It's not easy starting from the bottom, but if this is and where you want to be, then sometimes that what you have to work with. I also tell people back home...if you're doing very well back home, STAY THERE. I mean, I would love to live in a house that was paid for, have a cook/helper/maid/nanny, have a few cars, can go on holiday for 6 weeks or more anytime I want and still have my job when I come back to Jamaica...not to mention and FAT bank account. My family back home complains when I tell them I can only take 2 weeks off for vacation.

nyc -- my husband is in school and working. He started school about 4 weeks after he got here. I looked into programs and found out what was interesting to him. It was something to keep him busy. He also volunteered at my mom's church as soon as he got here and joined the gym. I think what helped us the most was the fact that I prepared him for his life here in the US as much as I could, he had to find what work for him on his own when he got here. We talked for hours about this and that life in the states is not what it look like on tv. I also asked him what he liked to do, so I had things in place for him before he got here. Everything, by the grace of God has worked out perfect for us, because we talked and talked and talked for hours. When he got here, it was up to him to make it work. I'd already done my part.

So much stress is placed on how your husband/wife will adjust to the US, we should not forget that we must also adjust to them being here. I feel for those who have never lived with a man/woman before or having to share living space with another person who is from another culture. My husband had a lot to deal with when he got here, his mother passed away one month after he left Jamaica, while it was a difficult time for him, he handled it the best way he could.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I will DEFINITELY try this recipe! But I'll substitute almond flour for regular, Splenda for sugar, nuts (or nut butter) for choc chips, and heavy whipping cream/water for milk.

Nat - why all the substitutes?

lol... Because I think that I am insulin resistant, so I stay away from things that raise my blood sugar level too much & cause the pancreas to release a lot of insulin. That's why I use nut flour (finely crushed nuts) & Splenda instead of flour and sugar.

I'd substitute the heavy whipping cream cause I don't keep milk in the house, but usually have cream. I'd substitute the choc chips because, strangely, I don't like chocolate chips! Even in cookies, I like the chocolate FLAVOR, but not the chips. Give me a sugar or peanut butter or oatmeal raisin cookie over a choc chip cookie anyday (except for these days, as I'm avoiding sugar).

Got it! Where do you buy nut flour? I've never heard of such a thing.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Mawnin...TL; are you ready?

Where is sus with my cup of coffee this morning, I hope she put some appleton in it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Philly, while I don't know what you remember about Gustav, that hurricane DEFINITELY is permanently etched in my memory.

I flew to Jamaica the Thursday it was scheduled to hit there, against the wishes of EVERYONE I know. But that was the trip where I wanted to see how serious things could get with my SO. It was during that trip (my 4th to Negril in less than a year) that I became 100% sold on him and our future. I love how we were confined to the hotel while the power/water were out. I still tell him that I want to "play Gustav" which means isolate ourselves from the rest of the world. Fond memories...

SO! I get home from work and check the mail and to my EXTREME delight, I had a letter from USCIS! I started jumping around and screaming! :dance::D:dance: I was SO HAPPY about FINALLY receiving my NOA2.

I opened it, and it was merely a notice that they received my change of address. :angry: :angry: :angry: No touch on the website.either.

Awww...Nat, what a let down. Sorry Girl. :crying:

Love the hurricane story though. :luv:

Timeline

I'm in the waiting category - every week I read the job market in my local papers and keep a running list of companies that I see would apply to him, some I would never even think of. I have been working on setting him up with odd jobs in the meantime even if they are not his career (such as painting our office, bussing tables and doing set up at the hotel I work at, etc.) I also have a honey-do list a mile long.... but being able to work is a big issue for him, especially since he is leaving a good job in Jamaica.

As far as the schooling goes, we will see what else will be needed. I have heard that some people have had to take the GED test to get a US diploma, even though they graduated in Jamaica.

I'm in the waiting category - every week I read the job market in my local papers and keep a running list of companies that I see would apply to him, some I would never even think of. I have been working on setting him up with odd jobs in the meantime even if they are not his career (such as painting our office, bussing tables and doing set up at the hotel I work at, etc.) I also have a honey-do list a mile long.... but being able to work is a big issue for him, especially since he is leaving a good job in Jamaica.

As far as the schooling goes, we will see what else will be needed. I have heard that some people have had to take the GED test to get a US diploma, even though they graduated in Jamaica.

Why? TL; I forgot to tell you..cho I'll send you a message.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.