July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

I'm also 230 lbs, and I'm sorry to say, am not ok with being Fat, and yes, I think I'm fat, and I'm not just saying that. I'm the heaviest I've been in my ENTIRE life, and it's really frustrating to think that I'll be this heavy for my WEDDDING! Of all times in life to be the largest ever, this is the WORST. My fiancé doesn't care, which is nice, but I'm not happy with it. I know I will look at pics from the day and be disappointed in myself. I lost 50 lbs about 2-3 years ago, and gained back 70 since then!!! I can't afford a gym, I can't even afford healthy food really, and don't have anyone around here to work out with or encourage me to work out. It's soooo frustrating. :( My dress is a f'ing size 20. I've NEVER worn a 20 in my entire life...

Ashen, I'm 100% sure you are a beautiful, wonderful person :)

I've never worn a size 16 before either, but remember, wedding dress sizes are inflated.

I can help encourage you if you would like? I seem to be good at encouraging Varba :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I need to figure out how to lose some weight.

I'm at the heaviest I've ever been as well, 200lbs.

I've gained 30 lbs in the last 6 months, but I've been walking every other day for an hour... and I NEVER walked when I was living with my parents.

I'm sure I ate my share of junk food, but still. I would like to see myself at 160 again.

Even 140, but I'm not going to have any hopes on that any time soon. Haha.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I'm also 230 lbs, and I'm sorry to say, am not ok with being Fat, and yes, I think I'm fat, and I'm not just saying that. I'm the heaviest I've been in my ENTIRE life, and it's really frustrating to think that I'll be this heavy for my WEDDDING! Of all times in life to be the largest ever, this is the WORST. My fiancé doesn't care, which is nice, but I'm not happy with it. I know I will look at pics from the day and be disappointed in myself. I lost 50 lbs about 2-3 years ago, and gained back 70 since then!!! I can't afford a gym, I can't even afford healthy food really, and don't have anyone around here to work out with or encourage me to work out. It's soooo frustrating. :( My dress is a f'ing size 20. I've NEVER worn a 20 in my entire life...

*hugs* I'm in the same boat, but thankfully I have a year to work off some of this. It is definately frusterating but its so much worse when someone else is also putting you down...its hard enough when you are hard on yourself but to have someone belittling you...it definately sucks. That said, if I got married at this weight I'd still be ok with it. My cousin lost a bunch of weight (almost 90 lbs) before her wedding and she was miserable and like a shell of herself. Shes managed to put about 120lbs back on so now shes heavier than every. I definately want to lose weight with me and my long term goals in mind rather than my wedding date. If that means I'm skinnier after my wedding than during it, I'm so good with that.

Oh I definitely need it for my long term wellbeing too. I find myself not able to walk/run/move as well as I was able to before. When it starts getting like that, then I get scared. I had working in an office where I just SIT ALL DAY... :( Ultimately I'd like to lose 70 lbs to be at an 'ideal' weight. But before the wedding if I could lose 30 I'd be happy. But that won't happen unless I go hardcore dieting for 4-5 months... so maybe 20? lol I guess I just don't want to still be 'the heaviest I've ever been' on my wedding day. :wacko:

I'm lucky to not really have anyone belittling me... I just have other larger friends, beautiful in their own way, who are also overweight and belittle themselves. But none of them seem to want to do anything about it!??! sigh.

Peachy, encouragement would be nice. I joined www.sparkpeople.com but haven't really kept up with it. lol It's an online weightloss thing. They have workout plans and meal plans and what not. Looks really good, and I started with it briefly, but again fell off the wagon. lol Maybe we should restart that weightloss thread here. lol I need to be held accountable for my actions or inaction!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Another word I don't like "diet". Why would you want to do something that has the word die in it?? :P

I work in an office all day and just sit on my butt working on the computer. I found going for a walk on lunch for 20-25 minutes really helped. That, along with eating around 1300-1500 calories/ day I lost 5 lbs in a month. I then gained it all back when my fiance came to visit. We have a bad habit of eating desert when we are together.

But I've resolved to be good, exercise 4x/week at the gym (you can substitute with power walks, or even work out tapes!). My trainer at the gym said I should eat foods that are low on the GI scale, I'm going to start that this week too.

I also use DDR for exercise :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Another word I don't like "diet". Why would you want to do something that has the word die in it?? :P

I work in an office all day and just sit on my butt working on the computer. I found going for a walk on lunch for 20-25 minutes really helped. That, along with eating around 1300-1500 calories/ day I lost 5 lbs in a month. I then gained it all back when my fiance came to visit. We have a bad habit of eating desert when we are together.

But I've resolved to be good, exercise 4x/week at the gym (you can substitute with power walks, or even work out tapes!). My trainer at the gym said I should eat foods that are low on the GI scale, I'm going to start that this week too.

I don't like it either. Too many fad diets that don't work. I lost 15 lbs in the last 6 months by doing absolutely NOTHING but cutting down on how much I eat and not keeping snack foods in the house (or getting the little 150 cal packs). I've gained some back though since losing my job cuz I really don't move around as much as I should.

Ah well, ashen, you will still be beautiful :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

oh right... sorry... I don't mean 'diet', I mean 'lifestyle change'... ;) LOL

I don't really get a lunch break... we work on really tight deadlines so I usually eat at my desk (bad, I know). So that's not helpful. Then I don't really have a life, so I end up spending most time after work at home, sitting more. sigh

But thanks guys... for the nice comments :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww guys, don't be so hard on yourselves! It's really hard to lose weight, even for a wedding. Back in January, I resolved to lose at least 10 pounds. I started feeling like I just couldn't move the same way anymore, things tired me out, none of my clothes fit right and when I bought new clothes I had to go up from my usual size.

So, I really really really made an effort. It was the best effort I ever had. I stopped eating all junk foods, made myself really healthy lunches (and kinda followed the Scarsdale diet, but to a lesser degree) and most importantly, I started working out 5x a week. It was PAINFUL. I worked long days and my commute was 1.5 hours each way, but I forced myself to hit the gym before going home after work. When I got home from work, I forced myself to make a lunch for the next day. I didn't have a life really, avoided going out for dinner and just worked out instead. I felt better than I ever felt before. Around the 6 week mark, the weight was just melted off. I lost 15 pounds in about 3 months.

After those 3 months, I started eating junk food again and stopped going to the gym 5x a week and lowered it to about 2x a week and I definitely maintained, but I've been slowly gaining it back. I have stil managed to keep off a good 8-10 pounds, which is my correct clothing size. I'm also in better shape now. But, I really want to lose another 10.

I think the eating less part definitely helped me lose the weight and I think the gym really helped it and also helped me tone up.

I realized that I'm always going to have excuses not to go to the gym. I'm too tired, my job is too crazy, I don't have the time after work etc. etc. so I need just GO. And, I have been. Still only 2-3x a week, but it's a start and I feel better already. I've also stopped with the junk food. No snacking, juice, pop (including diet pop which is just as bad) and fat free desserts to curb my sweet tooth.

I like to keep my goals realistic. 10 pounds may not sound like a lot, but I am 1 size smaller after the last 10 pounds, so I'd be happy with another 10 pounds. My goal is to do it by Christmas. We'll see if I can do it!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I can tell you my experience . Long before I met my husband, my weight had crept up to 209. now I've never been tiny, most of my adult life has been spent between 12/14/16. I'm also 5'10" so extra weight has places to go and people would always says...what? I don't believe it, you can't be....which kind of made me feel good and think it was ok. My husband even says it now, he doesn't care that I'm a litle bigger again, he just wants me to be happy.

but there was a point where I let myself go. Under normal circumstances, I have never been an active person. I don't 'workout', I don't enjoy it...ever. A good walk is about all I enjoy. Otherwise, I eprsonally have about a million things to do that I pprefer over exercise.

I did Weight Watchers with great success and was down to a comfortable 160/165 and was able to maintain that for 2 yrs, but it's slowly crept back up - due in part to age (closer to 40 :( )and continued in-activity. Different eating patterns now that I'm married and the stress of this whole immigration thing has taken it's toll. I've also been chronically sleep deprived due to stressful fami;ly stuff - not helpful I'm sure.

I'm back to being 187 - which I ain't happy about, but I too just feel like there's so much going on that I have no time to fit anything in. There are some natural born exercisers out there who just love it - I want to smack everyone of their cheerful little faces personally. Sorry folks, you exercise fiends bug me. I don't want to have to have separate meals from my family or anything like that.

Anyway - I'm complaining here....but I totally understand what you're talking about. For me - portion control is the key. I've been trying to fit more evening walks in - when I can. And sometimes it is what it is

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I agree that working out is a PAIN!! I don't enjoy it, who the hell does!? LOL but of course, I do it for my health and well being. It's extra important for me, not to lose weight but I have high blood pressure and osteoporosis at age 29!! If I don't exercise to keep my heart and bones strong/healthy, I WILL have health problems in a few years, that is a guarantee. I want to be strong and healthy, I want to have kids and be able to live a long life and not worry about having a heart attack or breaking a hip. So exercise and of course, healthy eating is so important to me. It's not about weight loss, as I have always been a smaller person but that goes to show you, weight doesn't matter. Even though I'm slim, I have health issues so exercise is a way to keep them in check :)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

It seems almost all of us want to lose some weight.

Maybe it's time to start a topic on it again :lol:

And I hate exercise too, I can't stand it.

I borrowed the mini trampoline from my mom, thinking I was going to use it, but it's been sitting in the same spot unused for 4 months.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. I hear you all about the weight thing. :((F)

So what if my dress is a size 16? Wedding dress sizes are inflated anyway :P Any you know what? It fits perfect! If I lose more weight I'll need to get it taken in! (Although, I would like to to be healthier ).

I TOTALLY don't understand why they size wedding dresses differently than regular clothing. Why would they want to piss off a bride? :lol:

Miraculously, my daughter's wedding dress is actually in her size. God bless Maggie Sottero!

So she has booked the florist ( Pink Twig ) and has reserved their room for the rehearsal night and wedding night at the Cosmopolitan: Link. I'll arrange for champagne and stuff while we're getting ready for the wedding. OMG, this is exciting and scary all at the same time! :o:lol: The rest of us are staying at the Marriott, though. She doesn't want anyone in the same hotel. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ I used Pink Twig for a work wedding event last year. They were nice, expensive, but very nice!

I'm starting to look into flowers now. My aunt got me a couple recommendations, one from a Florist on the Danforth, they look just my style, so we're going to meet in December. I'm praying that I have a big enough budget for what I want!!

Ashen - I noticed your comment about not being able to afford eating healthy, it's not that expensive, I promise. I spend less on healthy groceries than before. It's just about discipline, buying things that will last and preparing meals ahead of time. Frozen veggies are cheap and still healthy, fresh meats were my only splurge but M&M meat shops has these frozen chicken breasts that are pretty cheap and very good for you. Only buy whole wheat type carbs and only drink water. Stay away from anything with sugar (like in cereal, oatmeal, pop, juice, even crystal light, granola bars). I used to shop at No Frills or even Loblaws and I'd only buy no name stuff or stuff on sale...I ate a lot of omelettes, cheap but healthy and also ate a lot of salad with turkey from the deli, boiled eggs. Frozen soy beans (edamame) is amazing and not expensive, same with frozen brussel sprouts....you can do it!!! I promise you!!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

This past week we did SO much for the wedding. We had our first pre-marital counseling class, paid the deposit to the caterer, scoped out some rehearsal dinner places, met and put the deposit on the DJ, picked out flowers, picked out our cake and met with the Pastor... we barely had any time just to ourselves :(.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.