July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Thanks, everyone. That makes me feel a bit better at least.

And I've told my mom, she can come for the signing if she wants, but I still want the ceremony in May.

She keeps insisting that the actual wedding ceremony be with the signing of the certificate.

Ugh, I guess I'll see how that happens.

And my mom's trying to lose weight herself, so I guess she's pushing me to do it too.

She's been pushing me to lose weight for years.

"You should only be eating foods that come straight from the ground or have mothers." is what she said today. Oi.

That sucks... tell your mom it's not her decision!!! And it's just a piece of paper that due to this stupid process you don't have the luxury and flexibility of signing when you really want to! You don't want your anniversary date tainted for the rest of your life. :( Me, I NEVER wanted a January wedding! :lol: But I'm ok with my anniversary being 1-10-10 because I'm a dork and think it looks cool :lol: But if you really want your May 15, 2010 date, then do it! Your mom will understand if she knows how much it means to you. It's not going to put bad luck on your marriage if you don't have the big ceremony when you sign the papers. What if you made up some other paper, or some written vows to each other? Something else that you could sign in May too?

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tell her potatoes come from the ground, so you'll eat as many potato chips as you want :lol: (that's what I'd say, LOL) chips are my weak spot :P

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Tell her potatoes come from the ground, so you'll eat as many potato chips as you want :lol: (that's what I'd say, LOL) chips are my weak spot :P

lol nice one! If that's the case, I'd say something like chocolate comes from cocoa! ;)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

I said to someone online earlier "THAT BURGER HAD A MOTHER ONCE."

Haha. But my mom really got serious and scary when I said to her "It's just a freaking piece of paper." So I think I'm doomed for her to at least be there during the signing of the "freaking piece of paper". :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Huggles!!! Great pic's!!! I love the one with you up on the stairs. Very pretty. And the cake too. You both are just beaming!! How exciting.. :wub:

Rhiann, I really hope things work out between you and your mom.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Haha. But my mom really got serious and scary when I said to her "It's just a freaking piece of paper." So I think I'm doomed for her to at least be there during the signing of the "freaking piece of paper". :lol:

lol yeah...

I don't think the problem is having her there for the freaking piece of paper signing, it's the making you have a big ceremony thing. Can she just have a 'little' ceremony with you guys, and then you have a bigger ceremony and reception in May?

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

lol yeah...

I don't think the problem is having her there for the freaking piece of paper signing, it's the making you have a big ceremony thing. Can she just have a 'little' ceremony with you guys, and then you have a bigger ceremony and reception in May?

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping for.

But her argument is that "Why bother have two ceremonies, may as well do it all at the same time."

Eh who knows. :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

lol yeah...

But her argument is that "Why bother have two ceremonies, may as well do it all at the same time."

Bah that would drive me crazy! Wouldn't have enough time to plan everything, plus the date has meaning to you! Keep fighting for what you want sweety, afterall, in the end all it comes down to is you and him for the rest of your lives. You want to make sure that you get (at least somewhat) what you have been dreaming of. Try to guilt trip her back about not being able to do it that day will not have the same meaning and if she does the why bother having two ceremonies, tell her that its what you want and its that or no "real" wedding! :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

lol yeah...

Bah that would drive me crazy! Wouldn't have enough time to plan everything, plus the date has meaning to you! Keep fighting for what you want sweety, afterall, in the end all it comes down to is you and him for the rest of your lives. You want to make sure that you get (at least somewhat) what you have been dreaming of. Try to guilt trip her back about not being able to do it that day will not have the same meaning and if she does the why bother having two ceremonies, tell her that its what you want and its that or no "real" wedding! :lol:

Oh I'll convince her somehow.

I don't know how, but I will. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Huggles I love your pictures!! Your wedding was gorgeous!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll get some better ones next week. And the cake was amazing! The bottom was chocolate and the rest were vanilla. Unfortunately I only got that one bite! When I got back to my seat the wait staff already took my plate away.... jerks :P

I love your pictures too huggles! I have to say I also think the straps on your dress are really nice, very unique - lovely!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats, Huggles.. I mean, Mrs. Walter!!! hee hee It's kinda funny/weird but altogether ultimately great at the same time isn't... referring to yourself as Mrs. So-and-So! :) I'm just now getting used to it and it has been a month! lol The pics you shared are great!!! THe location is amazing. I'm SOOOOO missing the southwest right now!!!

Anyway, we just got the dvd from our photographer... oh my... there are some amazing pics on there that weren't part of the online bunch! But, for those of you who took the (huge) amount of time to look through the pics and enjoyed them, thank you! The day was so much fun and like Mrs. Walter (hee hee) everything was better than I could have imagined. I too only got the bite... until I stole an uneaten plate from some table and plopped myself down at some random spot and chose to eat the cake right then & there. My *now* husband only got the bite I fed him. Poor guy!

note: I've just updated my avatar to include my Canadian hubby! :)

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I got my first piece of mail today since the wedding, I was like ohhh it says Amanda Walter!! :lol: Its weird trying to adjust to a new name, but in a cool way.

The wedding site was great! There was even a deer hanging out down by the rocks while the wedding was going on. I can't wait to get the pictures back from my photographer... she just got back from vacation yesterday, so hopefully it doesn't take her to long to get everything together.

We went back to the reception site after our honeymoon and they had 3 boxes of left over cake for us! So we ate nothing but cake for a good 2 days... but now its all dried out and nasty. How do people eat year old wedding cake? I just can't imagine that, frozen or not! Apparently getting a cake that feeds 80 when you only have 40 people at the wedding isn't a good idea.

Timeline

Year old wedding cake is the traditional fruit cake that is more dried fruit than cake, which is why it survives:). The other tradition was to take the top part of the wedding cake and serve it at the birth or christening of the first child.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

My uncle does wedding photography, so I might get mine done free as a wedding gift.

He's an amazing photographer.

He's great at photoshop too.

He made my all time favourite birthday gift ever with photoshop.

I'll take a picture of it sometime.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.