July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to David's bridal in Syracuse in a week and a half to look for my dress, and bridesmaids dresses. I love how discounted their stuff is!

Danu - you got a great deal for that dress! It's beautiful and I like the tie at the front, it's flattering. I am going for something for casual, no train or what not... but who knows, maybe after shopping I'll wind up with some crazy princess dress! David's website used to have a place to post your own pics and reviews, you should see if they still have it and put it up. It's so helpful.

Edited by Tater&Bugger

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to David's bridal in Syracuse in a week and a half to look for my dress, and bridesmaids dresses. I love how discounted there stuff is!

Danu - you got a great deal for that dress! It's beautiful and I like the tie at the front, it's flattering. I am going for something for casual, no train or what not... but who knows, maybe after shopping I'll wind up with some crazy princess dress! David's website used to have a place to post your own pics and reviews, you should see if they still have it and put it up. It's so helpful.

yeah they did, I put one up the day after I got it. I'm absolutely in love with the dress lol, its crazy. I use to watch Say Yes to the Dress and think the brides on there who cried were silly, but yeah....I totally cried. :blush:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Danu!!

I wore that dress at our wedding! No joke, same dress!! :D

There are a bunch of pictures somewhere in this thread if you look back far enough! We are style twins!! :lol:

I definitely paid more than $399!! I think it was somewhere around $700.00 when I got it. But I feel in love with it too. The beading is beautiful and the shape is really flattering!

I bought the veil from DB because I found one that matched the embroidery nicely. I actually got my headpiece on e-bay for $20.00! A crystal fell out of it, but thankfully it was after the wedding, so no problems there. I looked at some at DB I didn't feel like paying that much for some metal and fake crystals.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah they did, I put one up the day after I got it. I'm absolutely in love with the dress lol, its crazy. I use to watch Say Yes to the Dress and think the brides on there who cried were silly, but yeah....I totally cried. :blush:

I don't think they have it anymore, I haven't seen reviews on their site in the last month or so... maybe I am doing something wrong lol.

Dress twins... hehehe

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oooh I found this thread! So, I'm not working still but pending on getting a job I'm hoping to still have our fancy wedding next October. My husband's cousins wife (hereforth called Mandy) took me to Davids bridal the other day. I wasn't planning on getting anything, was just there to try on a few different styles to see what I liked so that once I'm working I could come back and have an easier time. Yeah....that went well....lol. I tried on this dress and fell in love, even more so when they informed me its being discontinued so was $250 off. The most beautiful dress ever and it was only 399.

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/Danu/Wedding%20Dress/?start=0 dont mind any funny faces, she was taking pictures while i was talking lol.

Now I have questions though lol. I'm sure a lot of you did a lot of hunting online and might have some ideas for me. I tried on a tiara with the dress and I loved it but it was $200 and I'm trying to keep the costs down. Any of you have any good sites to look at?

I bought my tiara for about 30 dollars at one of those mall stores that sells the jewelry and accessories...

9f08-1.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to try on my dress tomorrow for my first official fitting! I'm nervous!

My bridesmaid dresses came in today as well AND we booked our honeymoon! An 8 day cruise leaving from NYC to Turks and Caicos and Bahamas. Sooooo excited. We are big cruisers, but haven't been able to go on a cruise while because of immigration timelines and saving for this wedding. I think I'm most excited for the honeymoon!

Danu - the dress looks amazing!

60 days until my big church wedding! Time is flying by!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I'm going to try on my dress tomorrow for my first official fitting! I'm nervous!

My bridesmaid dresses came in today as well AND we booked our honeymoon! An 8 day cruise leaving from NYC to Turks and Caicos and Bahamas. Sooooo excited. We are big cruisers, but haven't been able to go on a cruise while because of immigration timelines and saving for this wedding. I think I'm most excited for the honeymoon!

Danu - the dress looks amazing!

60 days until my big church wedding! Time is flying by!

Oooh thats exciting!!!

Huggles, I absolutely loved the dress. I chose it without the sleeves cus it looked better on me that way but its still just so pretty. I've been looking on ebay too for something thats cute and not tacky. Some of the crown style ones they have are just way too over the top and gawdy.

Marilyn, yours looks kind of like the style im looking for. I'll have to take a peek at the mall too. I'm hoping not to pay more than like 30 bucks (including the shipping if I get it off ebay)

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very Nice! You look gorgeous and I love your Bridesmaid dresses.

I just realized no one got to see out pictures cause our photographer's website sucks. So we put them on our website. Here they are! : http://www.mikenlisa.net/images/ceremony/

Wow, I love your flowers! Breathtaking dress too!

Oooh I found this thread! So, I'm not working still but pending on getting a job I'm hoping to still have our fancy wedding next October. My husband's cousins wife (hereforth called Mandy) took me to Davids bridal the other day. I wasn't planning on getting anything, was just there to try on a few different styles to see what I liked so that once I'm working I could come back and have an easier time. Yeah....that went well....lol. I tried on this dress and fell in love, even more so when they informed me its being discontinued so was $250 off. The most beautiful dress ever and it was only 399.

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/Danu/Wedding%20Dress/?start=0 dont mind any funny faces, she was taking pictures while i was talking lol.

Now I have questions though lol. I'm sure a lot of you did a lot of hunting online and might have some ideas for me. I tried on a tiara with the dress and I loved it but it was $200 and I'm trying to keep the costs down. Any of you have any good sites to look at?

Very pretty dress. I had to laugh at photo number nine with the other bride in the background with a huge tattoo on her arm. You looked marvelous!

We had our formal wedding on Sat. It was small with just immediate family, but turned out really nice. We were able to work with with the minister to really personalize the ceremony. We had a small reception with a dinner afterward, it was a nice chance for our families to get to know each other a bit. I was a bit disappointed that none of my Canadian friends made much of an effort to attend, but in the grand scheme of things the day was about us, and not who attended the wedding!! Here are a couple of pics from our day!

Looks like your wedding went wonderful. Enjoy your married life together. The dress flows so beautifully!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from my wedding. Still waiting on the professional photos but she said she should have them tomorrow! Yeah! (Funny my husband and I said we would spend 30 minutes on the computer before getting things done around the house. Two hours later, I am ready to upload photos on visajourney.com, lol, and now it is time for lunch)

We did a sand mixing with Michigan sand as the base, then He poured Ontario sand while I poured Wisconsin sand to represent where we were both born. It is a neat color contrast without even "coloring" the sand.

post-76340-033670400 1280416614_thumb.jpg

post-76340-097673600 1280417313_thumb.jpg

post-76340-021180200 1280417394_thumb.jpg

post-76340-080634000 1280418918_thumb.jpg

post-76340-006194700 1280419107_thumb.jpg

post-76340-087687000 1280419239_thumb.jpg

post-76340-043421800 1280419483_thumb.jpg

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Timeline

Huggles, I absolutely loved the dress. I chose it without the sleeves cus it looked better on me that way but its still just so pretty. I've been looking on ebay too for something thats cute and not tacky. Some of the crown style ones they have are just way too over the top and gawdy.

It looks great on you! You can pull off the strapless look, no doubt.

I really liked the look of the sleeves on me, but they ended up being a hassle. I'm sure you noticed that they make the dress with snaps so you can take the sleeves off or keep them on if you want. But the snaps are pretty cheap and I didn't want the sleeves coming off randomly during the day. I also have really small shoulders and the straps were huge on me. Long story short, they charged me $100 to have the sleeves made smaller and to sew them permanently into the dress. $50 a sleeve!

Here's a good view of my $20 e-bay headpiece: My link

Lovely pictures lilacviotletiris! Looks like you had a great day! :)

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Timeline

Oooh Lilac, those are so pretty! It looks like your day was very nice.

Huggles, $100 to sew them on? Seriously? How much did your other alterations cost? Your headdress is really pretty btw. I've been looking at this one, also off ebay (if I can still get it) or at least something along these lines.

BJBridalCollectionVT654A.jpg

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

that is very pretty :)

Thanks, I want to go with the complete princess effect :lol: I'm not going to want to take any of it off ever. I have my hairstyle picked already too.

https://www.liweddings.com/chat/p/2718449_1.jpg

That, but without the flowers.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.