July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

It's definitely the nicest most expensive thing I will ever wear in my life. Might as well enjoy it I say!

LOL! I agree! I didn't want a ring this expensive but the diamond was a gift from his mother. He paid for the rest!

Let's see if I can remember the apprasial specs... The diamond (appraised at 7K) is 0.68 carat round brilliant mounted on white gold with 4 channel set diamonds on both sides. The wedding band that came with the set is 16 channel set diamonds. I think he paid about 2K for mounting, appraisal & the white gold with channel set diamonds set.

Too damn much I say! But you better believe I have insurance on it! It's the most expensive thing I own! His father who gave the diamond to his mother for an anniversary ring has very good taste I must say! It's so sparkly & clear!!

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wes got me a set, so my wedding band is plain but thats ok with me because the ring he got me is kind of swirly so if it hadnt been a set we would have had to get something custom made to fit properly. Wasn't too bad, he paid about $1k for the set and I absolutely love it. I still catch myself looking at it. I got it redipped shortly after we got down here and I absolutely loved how shiney it was. He got a good protection package on it too, so I can go get it redipped free any time I want.

I can't wait till Wes' ring finally comes in. Its driving me crazy waiting for it. I went the complete opposite of traditional. Our rings don't match in any way, not in detail, color or material. We got him a dark tungsten ring that has red dragons in it. He loved it so much and I wanted him to be happy wearing the ring every day. Once we get it I'll take some pictures for you guys, cuz its really nifty! His cost me about $400.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wes got me a set, so my wedding band is plain but thats ok with me because the ring he got me is kind of swirly so if it hadnt been a set we would have had to get something custom made to fit properly. Wasn't too bad, he paid about $1k for the set and I absolutely love it. I still catch myself looking at it. I got it redipped shortly after we got down here and I absolutely loved how shiney it was. He got a good protection package on it too, so I can go get it redipped free any time I want.

I can't wait till Wes' ring finally comes in. Its driving me crazy waiting for it. I went the complete opposite of traditional. Our rings don't match in any way, not in detail, color or material. We got him a dark tungsten ring that has red dragons in it. He loved it so much and I wanted him to be happy wearing the ring every day. Once we get it I'll take some pictures for you guys, cuz its really nifty! His cost me about $400.

You know I figured FOR SURE that Mathew would go crazy over one of those dark tungsten rings, but he didn't even bat an eyelash at it. I guess underneath that rough metalhead exterior is a diva-man just DYING to get out, LOL.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol. I thought he would go for one with diamonds in it but he tried this one on and fell in love with it. I hope I have as easy of a time finding a wedding dress! I still have to pick an actual date too, I know I want to do it in October of next year, but no idea what date.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love my rings and I dont think my hubby paid a lot for them -- my engagement ring was this 1/2 carat princess cut stone (it is one of those three-stone rings) on a white gold band. My wedding band matches the tiny stones surrounding the biggest stone of the engagement ring. He got them at a local jeweller and I think the hubby paid just a little over 1k for both!

His ring, however, was 20 bucks. Stainless steel and plain. That's what he wanted! :P

And Bern, I think you should be able to get your ring cleaned at the jeweller you bought it from, and if its a chain, from any store of the chain?

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't decide where to register.

I really wanted to register at Macy's but they don't let Canadians order online with a CDN credit card, they need a US billing address... so that would be silly since most of my guests are in Canada.

Bed Bath and Beyond will let Canadians order, but they have to call customer service, can't just order online.

I don't really like enough at Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel is a bit too modern/expensive. I like Target, but we have a lot of stuff from there already.

I was just browsing on theknot.com and realized that I could register at JC Penney or Bloomingdales.

I want some formal china, bakeware, pots, some small appliances and other home stuff. And it seems like Bloomingdales has the formal stuff that I like and JC Penney has a nice selection on everyday stuff and free shipping on items $49+.

Hmmm...

My other options are to register in Canada and then bring back all our gifts over the border... which I'm not sure I want to do.... but im not completely dismissing either.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

You can get your ring cleaned anywhere. Any jewelery store I walk into offers to clean my ring for me.

With today's economy they'll do anything for a sale.

My engagement ring is .75 carrot round diamond, with 3 .15 round diamonds on each side, mounted in platinum. I'm not going to announce how much it cost.

My wedding band is also platinum and has diamonds in it.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think that you do, but if there was a warranty bought with your ring it will void the warranty. I can't take my ring anywhere other than Jared or it will void the warranty. Booh!

But I would assume you could take it anywhere that services jewelry.

Well that sucks..I don't want to void my warranty. It's a lifetime warranty...blargh. >_< So I should probably ask my husband if we could make a trip to San Diego...Thank's for the heads up. I was ignorant to the whole warranty thing.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

I wear white gold and I've never seen mine tarnish to see yellow underneath. I only get it cleaned every 6 months or so... once I didn't get it cleaned for a year and it was fine.

I wanted platinum, but it's way way too expensive for our wallets. Needless to say, it was hard for my husband to even buy my engagement ring, we had to stay under 500. It's 14k white gold and I think the diamond's a bit under a 1/4 carat. I honestly think it's huge when I look at it :lol:

I might consider upgrading my rings to platinum one day, but I don't know. Maybe get the diamonds taken out and re-mounted in platinum so they look the same.

I do need to go get my engagement ring resized though. My ring finger seems perma swollen... I need my ring bumped up half a size so I can get it off!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well that sucks..I don't want to void my warranty. It's a lifetime warranty...blargh. >_< So I should probably ask my husband if we could make a trip to San Diego...Thank's for the heads up. I was ignorant to the whole warranty thing.

My hubby bought my ring in Maryland, and I wore it in Canada for a while. He asked the jeweller what happens to the warranty since Ill still be in Canada for a year and therefore cannot get the 6 month inspection routine. They said that they will honor the warranty as long as I get it inspected at any reputable jeweller and that the inspection is "put on paper". So maybe that will work for you.... OOOR you can call to see if they have a sister company at your place and get the warranty inspection continued there.

Rhiann, I think at the end of all, the price of the ring doesnt matter, but the fact that our SO's made sure we have one does. My husband is the most frugal specie in the world... he eats packed lunch every single day and refuses to let go of his dying vehicular junk just cause he doesnt think its economical to buy another car when his still works. But he knows I wanted bling, and even though he thinks just buying some regular band is good enough, he got me one that I would love and at the same time, one that did not jeopardize our finances. My BIL makes twice more than my hubby makes but he refused to buy the future WIL any rock at all. And I think he's willing to buy her a wedding band but his budget would be 500 bucks max!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Darkchilde, everytime you say "WIL" it makes me giggle a bit :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline
I can't decide where to register.

I really wanted to register at Macy's but they don't let Canadians order online with a CDN credit card, they need a US billing address... so that would be silly since most of my guests are in Canada.

How rude! I am registered there.

Bed Bath and Beyond will let Canadians order, but they have to call customer service, can't just order online.

Everytime I drive down the 401, I see Bed Bath and Beyond somewhere near Toronto. It is one of the reasons we registered there. At least they can order "somehow".

I like Target, but we have a lot of stuff from there already.

I registered there just because I got a "we will give you a $20 gift card if you register for 10 or more items". That wasn't hard and I used the gift card to buy some frilly things I wanted but wouldn't have spent my hard earned cash on.

My other options are to register in Canada and then bring back all our gifts over the border... which I'm not sure I want to do.... but im not completely dismissing either.

My fiance' and I registered at Home Outfitters in Canada mostly for his relatives that want a "real" store to go to purchase something. They actually had the cheapest down comforter of the 3 places we registered. Sheets were cheapest at Bed Bath and Beyond for some really nice 400 count ones. I am hoping people purchase the things and bring them to the wedding (which will be in the U.S.) so we don't have to deal with "importing" them. We will just have to wait and see.

Timeline
How rude! I am registered there.

Everytime I drive down the 401, I see Bed Bath and Beyond somewhere near Toronto. It is one of the reasons we registered there. At least they can order "somehow".

I registered there just because I got a "we will give you a $20 gift card if you register for 10 or more items". That wasn't hard and I used the gift card to buy some frilly things I wanted but wouldn't have spent my hard earned cash on.

My fiance' and I registered at Home Outfitters in Canada mostly for his relatives that want a "real" store to go to purchase something. They actually had the cheapest down comforter of the 3 places we registered. Sheets were cheapest at Bed Bath and Beyond for some really nice 400 count ones. I am hoping people purchase the things and bring them to the wedding (which will be in the U.S.) so we don't have to deal with "importing" them. We will just have to wait and see.

Maybe Mathew is the only Canadian that hasn't been clued in on the wonders of registering. He kept trying to convince me that people didn't do that up there and that no one would know what it was. Pfft. He's probably just trying to get out of helping me register. I asked his mom and she knew what is was for. I basically just have to keep telling him that if we register for something, someone might buy it for us, so it's like christmas!!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Maybe Mathew is the only Canadian that hasn't been clued in on the wonders of registering. He kept trying to convince me that people didn't do that up there and that no one would know what it was. Pfft. He's probably just trying to get out of helping me register. I asked his mom and she knew what is was for. I basically just have to keep telling him that if we register for something, someone might buy it for us, so it's like christmas!!!

Actually, most Canadians I know give money at weddings. NOT trying to bash registering here, but....

we didn't register & got mostly money(lets not get started on how much $$ Americans give compared to Canadians :P ). I know some people say that money is so im-personal, but we prefered it, to pay our wedding expenses & take a trip. Both of us have also lived on our own & now have double & triple of stuff, since I moved in.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

We registered at Target and we got money from everyone instead.

They figured since we dont have our own place yet there's no point to giving us stuff we can't use.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.