July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2011 will come fast!

We sent our invites out yesterday. Turns out they needed extra postage... LAME! 1.20 to send to Canada and .88 to send domestic.

Ugh that sucks! The same thing happened to me! Our invites had bows on them, which apparently made them too thick for regular postage, so then we had to pay some BS rate they made up at the post office. Then, to add insult to injury, the lady gave me 3 different stamps I had to put on each invite and she wouldn't even do it for me! I had to stand there for like 20 minutes attaching stamps to envelopes. Jerks!

I also made a decision about our venue -- after consulting the hubby on this, we are going to get re-married at the College of Notre Dame. Apparently they open their chapel and their banquet hall for weddings. After the show, the MIL and I drove to the school and went in the chapel. Its soooo beautiful and sooo quaint. And I can actually get married with a service and all, which is awesome! Both the chapel and the reception were reasonable though we would have to use their caterers for the event.

Sounds lovely! Congrats on finding a great venue! :)

My Mom is visiting and I got my dress on Saturday. It's nothing like what I expected, but absolutely perfect!! I cannot wait to go back for a fitting.

I also got the most perfect veil by the designer Paloma Blanca. The veil cost almost as much as my dress :blush: But it really made the dress so I just had to have it!!

Ohhhhhh!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see it :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

President's Day sales are wonderful! I found the perfect shade of blue for my bridesmaids dresses and now my seamstress has the patterns for the ladies dresses and ties for the men (not sure my fiance' will dig the one color tie thing, he was hoping for a pattern but I will wait and see). One thing done!

Talked with a photographer yesterday. Both my fiance' and I loved her. She and her husband cover the whole day. She is even willing to set up a backdrop at the reception to take pictures of my guests with me so I can remember the special people that come. I had seen a "photo booth" idea and like it but didn't like the price. She will include it in the package which was reasonable for the amount of time (unlimited) and the fact that both herself and her husband will be taking photos so two viewpoints will be able to be seen. I am so excited! I AM GOING TO GET MARRIED! Hopefully July 11, 2010 but if not whenever Montreal gets my fiance' an interview.

Timeline

I have almost everything sorted for the wedding, but OMG how do i get david to get off his butt for his tux fitting?? like i've tried to drag him out to the store 3 times now :( it's almsot like hes a chicken :lol:

i had to exchange my shoes..they were too big :( /cry and the guy screwed up on my ring../sigh i even had my finger measured..he told me 4.5..so we ordered that..and it wont even fit over the knucle..ARGH! kinda worried about my dress that the soon to be mother inlaw is making. we did the fitting etc in dec. but its still sitting there :( no liner etc in it yet. and the jacket is not made yet. she hasn't been able to find the "right" fabric..so i'm tempted to just say screw the jacket.

then there is the issue of guests..i've said i just wanted a short family thing like 2 days after i move. and next year we'll do the revow thing and have it proper. but seems like everyone else wants ppl there.. i wont have a single person, showing up..well even if i wanted ppl to come they wont. /shrug. for the last two weeks i keep saying can we go over the ceremony now as it's his dad that will marry us and i have no clue whats in store. then his dad says something about writing our own vows..

so now im all confused scared and wondering what the heck is going on etc..i feel clueless about my own wedding!! :crying:

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you used a wedding gown website to purchase your dress. I am definitely hitting the local boutiques for dresses, but I want to keep my dress/gown really reasonable and have been thinking of looking online. I already had a dress in mind (which I planned to order online) but found several terrible reviews on the site. Thanks :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you used a wedding gown website to purchase your dress. I am definitely hitting the local boutiques for dresses, but I want to keep my dress/gown really reasonable and have been thinking of looking online. I already had a dress in mind (which I planned to order online) but found several terrible reviews on the site. Thanks :)

I would be weary about buying a dress online unless it's pre-owned and guaranteed authentic. There are a lot of dresses selling fake designer dresses of very poor quality that are not worth it at all.

Plus, most dresses need a bit of alteration, so that's why it can be beneficial to go somewhere local.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I found some shops online that had local shops in NY and the mid-west. Their prices were reasonable. I think Ill either make a trip to the shop in NY to see how they are and go to the local stores. But if there are other brides who found good online stores for dresses, please let me knooow! :)

Mal -- Ill check Ebay, thanks!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I found some shops online that had local shops in NY and the mid-west. Their prices were reasonable. I think Ill either make a trip to the shop in NY to see how they are and go to the local stores. But if there are other brides who found good online stores for dresses, please let me knooow! :)

Mal -- Ill check Ebay, thanks!

Is the NY store RK Bridal by any chance? They have pretty good buy online program called No Frills or something.

That's where I got my dress and veil but I went in store. They have some really good fair prices for dresses in a decent price range ($600-$2000). I had a really amazing experience there.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
I have almost everything sorted for the wedding, but OMG how do i get david to get off his butt for his tux fitting?? like i've tried to drag him out to the store 3 times now :( it's almsot like hes a chicken :lol:

i had to exchange my shoes..they were too big :( /cry and the guy screwed up on my ring../sigh i even had my finger measured..he told me 4.5..so we ordered that..and it wont even fit over the knucle..ARGH! kinda worried about my dress that the soon to be mother inlaw is making. we did the fitting etc in dec. but its still sitting there :( no liner etc in it yet. and the jacket is not made yet. she hasn't been able to find the "right" fabric..so i'm tempted to just say screw the jacket.

I having the same issue with my fiance'. He is planning to get a suit but hasn't gone in to get it yet and we are planning to have 3 groomsmen with him and they need the suits too. I keep encouraging him to take care of it on the weekend, but when we are together we have been going to see vendors for photography, the pastor, etc, not taking care of his suit which is something he CAN DO HIMSELF! Ugh. I feel your pain.

I hope your shoes can be found in the right size. I have had no luck with that. Your wedding dress isn't done yet? The lining of the dress isn't in it? Yikes. Less than 2 months to go for you. Hopefully it will all get worked out.

We got our first RSVP today :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We got our first RSVP today :)

Well, now you know someone's coming. Guess you're gonna have to throw a wedding after all. ;)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline
I having the same issue with my fiance'. He is planning to get a suit but hasn't gone in to get it yet and we are planning to have 3 groomsmen with him and they need the suits too. I keep encouraging him to take care of it on the weekend, but when we are together we have been going to see vendors for photography, the pastor, etc, not taking care of his suit which is something he CAN DO HIMSELF! Ugh. I feel your pain.

I hope your shoes can be found in the right size. I have had no luck with that. Your wedding dress isn't done yet? The lining of the dress isn't in it? Yikes. Less than 2 months to go for you. Hopefully it will all get worked out.

well at least i've been in chicago for all of this month..i'm in the house we will be moving to organizing our room furniture most of our stuff etc. getting dogs used to it so it's keeping me occupied. david is getting used to the 1hr drive to his work in des plaines. new ring and shoes should be here tomorrow, and we founda nice little tux place downthe street where you can buy tuxs starting at 200$. Yay for being in the northwest! but now my dogs are being neruotic and stuff, cuz of the new house and all i'm sure.

This weekend we'll be seeing davids parents so i'm hoping we can get the wedding vos ceremony reception finalized. and my dress. cuz i wont be back til my interview and then will have like a few days to actually get stuff done (depending on when i get my visa..interview is the 30th, planning april 11 wedding"). i think maybe were cutting it close lol. Ah hell..david dont care what i look like as long as we get married!! :rofl:

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
Ah hell..david don't care what i look like as long as we get married!! :rofl:

I think all our men won't care how we look but if we look great they won't mind.

Timeline

I get married tomorrow! EEEK!!

A few of my family members came over last night & a lot of them are going to be here tonight.

I can't believe how close we are to being husband & wife!!!!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.